• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two Black Teens Kill Australian "For the fun of it"

I am not a racist, but I too want to know where the Revs Jackson and Sharpton are on this. Frowning, I suppose.

Apparently the life of a white Australian is held pretty cheap. Not much concern being voiced out there, not much coverage.

But then all those young black men being killed in Chicago, Baltimore, DC, etc., are held even cheaper still. We're lucky to even hear a body count, or any mention at all, on the news where they are concerned. Everyone turned out to protest for Trayvon, but nobody protests for them.

Yeah the life of aboriginals who are native to a land is pretty cheap as well yet some pale face people from a country not indigenous to a land called "Australia" decided to call a non native land home and discriminate the people that are indigenous to that land for centuries. Similar to the Native Americans, Africans, etc...See I can deflect as well?

I am not a racist, but I too want to know where the Revs Jackson and Sharpton are on this. Frowning, I suppose.

Who cares what they are up to. They are still richer than you and I. I don't care about people and what they do especially people who have no significance in my life.

You know I try living my life without making generalizations but I'll tell you what, at least on the internet I will tell you who makes the biggest generalizations. White people.

Since I'm on an internet board where threads like this tend to lump every black person together let me start lumping in all rational and non rational whites together. You know what bugs me. When white people tell blacks how to feel. It's a very imperialistic mentality for the oppressor to tell the oppressed how to feel. Similarly it's intersting how you white folks try to tell us blacks "to get over it" or "stop using the race card" but with every Serena Williams article on Yahoo or on another social media website white folks are always mentioning race.

On the internet white people always freely use the word "nigger" making racial generalizations because it's the internet many of you guys feel empowered to freely use that word because you wont feel no repercussions for that word.

I'll tell you what, because I'm quite sick of reading white people on this board generalizing so in turn I'll do the same thing. The next time you guys make a thread and start using the term "blacks" instead of specifying a group I'll do the same thing. I apologize to the rational "white folks" that have good intentions but I'm going to make a point. Since me being black I'm lumped in with every murderer I'll do the same thing since people on this board are incapable of making distinctions.

Just to be a dick since I have a white girl with pretty eyes as my avatar I'll change my avatar since white people are always trying to make being a pale face a standard of beauty.

I'll tell you what. I want every sound minded white person to go on yahoo and read articles about the movie "The Butler"

Then come back here and tell me and other blacks to get over racism.....

Last edited:
Facts and common sense are "boilerplate" to you?
It is your position then that since criminals use illegally obtained guns to commit crime, the way to stop them is to disarm legal gun owners?

It isn't merely because they have training in switzerland. Guess again.

I dont know what the standard gun nut response is to the issue of training in Switzerland. Enlighten me. Is it because they are white? Is it because they all love each other (ask an italian swiss about a german swiss sometime)? Is it because baby Jesus loves the Swiss and blessed them with guns and no shootings? I'm pretty sure its not because they have lax gun laws that allow basically anyone to obtain an easily concealable gun on the private market.

I dont know what the standard gun nut response is to the issue of training in Switzerland.

Me either. Know any "standard gun nuts"? ask them.

Enlighten me.
Might not be possible.

Is it because they are white?
Who? The "gun nuts" or the swiss?

Is it because they all love each other (ask an italian swiss about a german swiss sometime)?
Ever been to switzerland?

Is it because baby Jesus loves the Swiss and blessed them with guns and no shootings?

So that's the reason they only had 44 murders in the ENTIRE COUNTRY?..baby jesus did it? LMAO..whatever, ace...

I'm pretty sure its not because they have lax gun laws that allow basically anyone to obtain an easily concealable gun on the private market.
I think they are allowed to open carry.
Regardless...everyone is armed. They don't have gun crime problems. Probably a coincidence, though, right?

I think they are allowed to open carry.
Regardless...everyone is armed. They don't have gun crime problems. Probably a coincidence, though, right?

The reason is because everyone is militarily trained, and is issued a weapon as part of their military service. Not rocket science, as I said.

They dont have gun crime problems because they are not only highly trained, the weapons (and ammunition) they have is VERY highly regulated.

I'd be OK with this type of approach in the US.

For more,read:

BBC News - Switzerland guns: Living with firearms the Swiss way

The reason is because everyone is militarily trained, and is issued a weapon as part of their military service. Not rocket science, as I said.

They dont have gun crime problems because they are not only highly trained, the weapons (and ammunition) they have is VERY highly regulated.

I'd be OK with this type of approach in the US.

For more,read:

BBC News - Switzerland guns: Living with firearms the Swiss way

"Training" isn't the key. OWNING is the key.

So in conclusion, legally owned firearms DO tend to inhibit crime...That's what I thought.

Isn't self fulfilling prophecy so satisfying?

You only have to ignore evidence!

That doesn't even make sense.

Let me return to something you avoided replying to;

Criminals don't care about gun laws and they will procure guns however they can. Disarming law abiding citizens is NOT the way to stop illegal gun crimes.

By your logic; If X number of criminals with illegally obtained guns killed x number of people today, the way to stop that is to disarm law abiding gun owners?
Is that right?

..and also..you made some non sequitur comments about switzerland and gun nuts and baby jesus and swiss-italians and swiss-germans...etc...etc.

I asked have you ever been to switzerland?

. Disarming law abiding citizens is NOT the way to stop illegal gun crimes.

I asked have you ever been to switzerland?

You are absolutely right. We should only allow non-criminals to own guns. Freaking brilliant. Why hasn't the rest of the world thought this through as well as you?

And yes....I've been to Switzerland a few times. Nice place. I have no idea what they has to do with anything though.

You are absolutely right. We should only allow non-criminals to own guns. Freaking brilliant. Why hasn't the rest of the world thought this through as well as you?

And yes....I've been to Switzerland a few times. Nice place. I have no idea what they has to do with anything though.

Well, chicago has some of the toughest gun laws, don't they?..How's it working out? The criminals don't seem to be affected, do they? The murder rate is Shocking, I know, but criminals aren't too concerned about breaking the law.... Yet you want to deny law abiding citizens the ability to defend themselves. Not smart.

Tracking homicides in Chicago - Tracking homicides in Chicago | RedeyeChicago.com
Washington Heights and West Englewood each saw two homicides in the last week, a RedEye analysis of preliminary police data found.

In West Englewood, a 26-year-old man was shot to death Tuesday in the 6200 block of South Ashland Avenue, police said. Four days earlier, a 75-year-old man was beaten to death in the 5600 block of South Racine Avenue, according to officials.

West Englewood has logged 11 homicides so far this year. The South Side community area recorded 19 homicides last year, RedEye determined.

In Washington Heights, a 28-year-old man was shot to death Sunday in the 1300 block of West 90th Street, police said. Three days earlier, a 25-year-old man was fatally shot in the 9100 block of South Justine Street, according to officials.

Washington Heights has logged seven homicides so far this year. The far South Side community area recorded six homicides last year, according to RedEye data.

Citywide, gunshot homicides were logged in the last week in Austin, East Garfield Park, Hermosa, Morgan Park, North Lawndale, Roseland, West Garfield Park and West Pullman, RedEye determined.

Thirty homicides have been recorded so far this month. Fifty-seven homicides were logged in August 2012, according to RedEye data.
Victims

Aug. 21
– Ronald Henry, a 22 year old unknown male, caused by a gunshot in Englewood.

Aug. 20
– Lenardo Allison, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Englewood.

>
Aug. 19
– Darius Oliver, a 21 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Uptown.

Aug. 18
– Jerrell Brooks, a 28 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Washington Heights.

Aug. 18
– Bearling Robinson, a 36 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Roseland.

Aug. 18
– Jeremy McGrone, a 24 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Garfield Park.

Aug. 17
– Daquan Boyd, a 18 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Austin.

Aug. 17
– Antione Green, a 19 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in East Garfield Park.

Aug. 17
– Willie Bush, a 49 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in North Lawndale.

Aug. 16
– Jose Delafuenti, a 34 year old white male, caused by a gunshot in Hermosa.

Aug. 16
– Alameen Muhammad, a 75 year old black male, caused by a trauma in West Englewood.

Aug. 16
– Kyle Hogan, a 23 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Morgan Park.

Aug. 15
– Dequantay Bingmon, a 29 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Pullman.

Aug. 15
– Name Unknown, a 25 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Washington Heights.

You have a problem.

Yes..I am intolerant of stupidity and immaturity in others. I'm working on it, though.

Back to what we were discussing before you tried to change the subject....again...He never mentioned democrats. The post is right there for everyone to see.

Yes..I
am intolerant of stupidity and immaturity in others. I'm working on it, though

Back to what we were discussing before you tried to change the subject....again...He never mentioned democrats. The post is right there for everyone to see.

Did I mention that you have a problem?

If not. let me tell you: You have a problem. I suggest that you deal with it.

Have a nice millisecond.

Yes..I am intolerant
of stupidity and immaturity in others. I'm working on it, though.

The first step in the problem solving problem is to recognize that you have a problem.

Since I have already pointed out the fact that you have a problem to you and you have accepted that fact, solving your intolerance problem falls on you, since I don't have time to help you.

Lots of luck!

Have a nice day and a wonderful life as we watch the GOP fade away.

"Better days are coming.' But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

The first step in the problem solving problem is to recognize that you have a problem.

Since I have already pointed out the fact that you have a problem to you and you have accepted that fact, solving your intolerance problem falls on you, since I don't have time to help you.

Lots of luck!

Have a nice day and a wonderful life as we watch the GOP fade away.

"Better days are coming.' But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Like I said..stupidity and immaturity are everywhere. You can't fix stupid but immature eventually (hopefully) goes away...yet I keep seeing stupid and immature posts..."Ignore" may be my best option.

Good luck to you, too. You have so many disadvantages to overcome.

Well, chicago has some of the toughest gun laws, don't they?..How's it working out? The criminals don't seem to be affected, do they? The murder rate is Shocking, I know, but criminals aren't too concerned about breaking the law.... Yet you want to deny law abiding citizens the ability to defend themselves. Not smart.

The issue is gun availability. Literally steps away from the city lies Indiana- where you can buy a bagful of guns from private dealers without a hassle.

I don't want to take guns away from law abiding citizens. I just want to make the regulations for owning a gun to be at least as strict as owning and driving a car.

The issue is gun availability. Literally steps away from the city lies Indiana- where you can buy a bagful of guns from private dealers without a hassle.

I don't want to take guns away from law abiding citizens. I just want to make the regulations for owning a gun to be at least as strict as owning and driving a car.

...but the government does...and they are the ones who will be administering the rules, right? Of course we all know that the government is trustworthy and honest and would never do anything illegal to advance its' agenda.

There is no one size fits all solution but I think severe mandatory minimums (on TOP of whatever the original sentence would be for the original crime) for gun crimes would help.
Adding more rules and regulations that only affect legal owners does absolutely nothing to address gun crimes committed by criminals.

Who cares what they are up to. They are still richer than you and I. I don't care about people and what they do especially people who have no significance in my life.

The reason we care about them is because they spent the past year and a half stirring up racial hatred for their own personal gain in the Trayvon Martin case and before that, the Duke Lacrosse case and many others. If they didn't have the influence that they do in the African American community, nobody would give two fks about what those two ignorant racists have to say.

It sounds like you are defending them or rationalizing what they do by saying "They are still richer than you and I". Don't you see that as a problem? Individuals who only show up when an alleged interracial crime has been committed--oftentimes with little to no evidence--to foster more hatred are seen as community leaders. This does not bother you one bit?

Also, I'm not white, so you can quit your racist generalizations.

...but the government does...and they are the ones who will be administering the rules, right? Of course we all know that the government is trustworthy and honest and would never do anything illegal to advance its' agenda..

Does the government want to take guns away from people? I cant recall that ever being a policy objective of a single politician, or a single state government that has had the aim of taking guns away. But I guess you need to construct a fake boogeyman to justify the current stupidity of not having guns registered, or by law reporting when they have been stolen, lost or destroyed.

Oh, and if you are not refractory to learning more about the topic, heres some more info on Switzerland you might find interesting.

Mythbusting: Israel and Switzerland are not gun-toting utopias

...but the government does...and they are the ones who will be administering the rules, right? Of course we all know that the government is trustworthy and honest and would never do anything illegal to advance its' agenda.

There is no one size fits all solution but I think severe mandatory minimums (on TOP of whatever the original sentence would be for the original crime) for gun crimes would help.
Adding more rules and regulations that only affect legal owners does absolutely nothing to address gun crimes committed by criminals

There is no guarantee that this will work but I see no reason why we shouldn't at least give it a try in those jurisdictions where it is not already in effect.

Does the government want to take guns away from people?
..no not overtly because they know they can't...but by creating more and more convoluted and obtuse "regulations" for acquiring and owning them they purposely intend to diminish/discourage ownership.

I cant recall that ever being a policy objective of a single politician, or a single state government that has had the aim of taking guns away.
Of course not. Politicians wouldn't get elected if they told the truth.

But I guess you need to construct a fake boogeyman to justify the current stupidity of not having guns registered, or by law reporting when they have been stolen, lost or destroyed.

blah....blah...diversion, distraction....the government doesn't need to know who legally owns guns.

Oh, and if you are not refractory to learning more about the topic, heres some more info on Switzerland you might find interesting.

Mythbusting: Israel and Switzerland are not gun-toting utopias

There is no such thing as "utopia"..most people know that... and any writer who would use that term to support his premise is being overly dramatic and is already suspect.
FWIW, Switzerland has one of lowest firearm related death rates in the world with a total of 52 in the most recent stats. israel (only) had 159.

There is no guarantee that this will work but I see no reason why we shouldn't at least give it a try in those jurisdictions where it is not already in effect.

Thanks. Appreciate your polite reply.
I think it would be a good start and it would keep the government out of legal owner's business.
Commit a gun crime and do hard time. Eventually it would start making a difference.

Back
Top Bottom