• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tweeter Twat

Agreed. I think the thing we have to remember is that while Trump has done some conservative actions (Justices, tax cuts), he is not conservative or a conservative. He's nationalistic, authoritarian, and opportunistic.

Old-school principled and conscientious conservatives are taking a lot of crap by being intertwined with Trump and the current state of the Republican Party, at least as seen through the eyes of non-conservatives and those that don't know better. Which is a mess.

Oddly enough, I've seen some moderate conservatives like Bill Krystol try to attach themselves to the Dem Party and/or mainstream media, due to their feeling ostracized from the current Trump-Republican Party. But those places are not home for them, either. So I don't know where conscientious & principled conservatives today go. It seems they're kinda' stuck.

Where would William F. Buckley Jr. fit in, today? Or, even though we just lost him, Charles Krauthammer? I have no idea.

I agree about his conservative credentials. He has a long history of supporting and working with Dems. His only real conviction is his commitment to himself. His nationalistic, authoritarian, and opportunistic characteristics are common in conservatives. I believe it's a big reason why Numnuts is so popular with the proletariat.

I wish there was some real competition between principled old-school cons and The Cult. I believe polls that show overwhelming support for Trump, it's his party now. The old-school cons are but a tiny handful who've been written-off and are now despised as elite Rinos.

I've seen intellectual types like Bill Krystol detach themselves from the Repub party, but never heard one attach themselves to the Dems. I think they've always been part of the mainstream media, editorials and talking head shows, it's what they do. I don't think they'll ever join the Dems so they do seem stuck.

Who knows how far the Repubs will go down the nationalist path they're on and who knows what kind of party they'll emerge as after Trump. Given our archaic form of democracy, I don't believe a third party has any long term prospects.

I believe you know the answer of where cons like Buckley and Krauthammer would be now. Right alongside Krystol and all the other intellectual thinking conservatives...

I used to follow them during the campaign and early presidency, because they we so insane to be coming from the White House or someone aspiring to the White House.

Since then I pretty much ignore them because they're nonsense, except for those that may possibly obstruct justice or witness tamper. I pay attention to those, because I'm hoping a legal case may be made against Trump to that effect.

Between his tweets and the stuff he's said that's on tape, he's going to have a very difficult time getting away from his own words when the time comes.

Yeah, what an embarrassment to the country that those Tweets are now part of our presidential archive. To stand alongside the documents of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, JFK, Obama.

It almost makes me want to cry ...

Why would you ever want to cry? I mean, his mind is like that of a super computer. :roll: :roll:

I've found that Trump tends to tweet more prolifically when news hits that would hurt him. It's kind of a gauge as to how things are going in the WH.

Like a boxer who's just bit hit with a good punch, smiles at his opponent.

Trump tweets when he's upset or in trouble.

The more he's upset, the more he tweets.

Yeah, what an embarrassment to the country that those Tweets are now part of our presidential archive. To stand alongside the documents of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, JFK, Obama.

It almost makes me want to cry ...

So well said. America has our Constitution and Trump has his Tweets. That's bad enough, but I understand that his inane Tweets are offical documents. That's the crying shame and making it even worst is his inability to keep his mouth shut...

Have you, or are you, becoming bored with Trump's tweets ? Why or why not ?

No. My kids are all pretty grown up now, so Trump's Tweets bring me back to the happy days when I had to wipe their poppy bottoms, give them bottles, clean up their bibs, and tuck them into bed. Now I get to see the same cerebral manner of communicating from Trump as I did from them at those times, and someone else has to wipe his bottom and change his drooly bibs.

No. My kids are all pretty grown up now, so Trump's Tweets bring me back to the happy days when I had to wipe their poppy bottoms, give them bottles, clean up their bibs, and tuck them into bed. Now I get to see the same cerebral manner of communicating from Trump as I did from them at those times, and someone else has to wipe his bottom and change his drooly bibs.

:lol:

I wonder how many misspelled words can be found in all our other country's official documents... :3oops:

Chomsky, my friend, Trump has been engaged in, and dodging lawsuits for decades.
He shrugs them off like dandruff on his silk suits.
In this day and age, no political figure will ever get in trouble...ever.
...and Trump money ensures he never has been really hurt by any of them.

This "president thing " is just another passing amusement for Trump.
He is having fun with it.
His tweets reflect that.
He enjoys the way the MSM and his haters are straining at the leash for his next tweet to analyze.

I think he sits up thinking what next one he can send out so they will go berserk over it.

A " dance, monkeys, dance " thing.

That's just as damning of him as if he fully meant them and they accurately reflect his command of English. So, ok, but he's still a national disgrace in your alternative case. :shrug:

I was with you until Obama. What documents from him are memorable in your opinion?

Regardless of whether one likes his policies, he was eloquent and represented dignity in office.

Agreed. I think the thing we have to remember is that while Trump has done some conservative actions (Justices, tax cuts), he is not conservative or a conservative. He's nationalistic, authoritarian, and opportunistic.

Old-school principled and conscientious conservatives are taking a lot of crap by being intertwined with Trump and the current state of the Republican Party, at least as seen through the eyes of non-conservatives and those that don't know better. Which is a mess.

Oddly enough, I've seen some moderate conservatives like Bill Krystol try to attach themselves to the Dem Party and/or mainstream media, due to their feeling ostracized from the current Trump-Republican Party. But those places are not home for them, either. So I don't know where conscientious & principled conservatives today go. It seems they're kinda' stuck.

Where would William F. Buckley Jr. fit in, today? Or, even though we just lost him, Charles Krauthammer? I have no idea.

Well said my friend. I know this principled conservative Democrat can only go to websites to express how he really feels.
Even when managing the local Republican HQ I had to keep a low profile and smile as i handed out the CRUZ lawn signs.

I certainly wish the Democratic party would pick something besides ANGER to have as an agenda.

However, I do feel there are lots and lots of moderates who would enjoy talking and reaching out to the other side to get things done, but the overriding anger of the day keeps them from raising their head over the top of the trench.
Those snipers are actively looking for anything to blow your head off over.
No small incident or comment is small enough for them to ignore.
Yet their standards do not apply to them, just to everyone else.
The PC culture need to die.

Hell, just yesterday the liberals attacked lifelong liberal Tom Brokaw for some small misstep he took.
It is like they are beating the bushes to attack anyone for anything they mildly find offensive.
Kevin Hart can't host the Academy awards because of something he said when he was 15 years old. This is complete insanity, and a classic definition of "beating the bushes" for anything to be offended by.

When, oh, when will sanity return to this country.

Walk with me eight hours and I will show you 20 things some will be offended by.
Complete insanity.

Last edited:
That's just as damning of him as if he fully meant them and they accurately reflect his command of English. So, ok, but he's still a national disgrace in your alternative case. :shrug:

You won't get any argument from me.

I don't think he ever heard the term, " grace in victory ".
I think if he had been gracious the angst and insanity of all this " Trump Hate " and Trump Derangement Syndrome would be significantly less.

Last edited:
I agree about his conservative credentials. He has a long history of supporting and working with Dems. His only real conviction is his commitment to himself. His nationalistic, authoritarian, and opportunistic characteristics are common in conservatives. I believe it's a big reason why Numnuts is so popular with the proletariat.

I wish there was some real competition between principled old-school cons and The Cult. I believe polls that show overwhelming support for Trump, it's his party now. The old-school cons are but a tiny handful who've been written-off and are now despised as elite Rinos.

I've seen intellectual types like Bill Krystol detach themselves from the Repub party, but never heard one attach themselves to the Dems. I think they've always been part of the mainstream media, editorials and talking head shows, it's what they do. I don't think they'll ever join the Dems so they do seem stuck.

Who knows how far the Repubs will go down the nationalist path they're on and who knows what kind of party they'll emerge as after Trump. Given our archaic form of democracy, I don't believe a third party has any long term prospects.

I believe you know the answer of where cons like Buckley and Krauthammer would be now. Right alongside Krystol and all the other intellectual thinking conservatives...
Perhaps I should not have claimed "attachment to the Dems", as much as "voting Dem".

Vut so far I remember seeing Kystol, Max Booth, and Steve Schmidt, declare they've disavowed the Republican Party and they now will vote Dem, and are strongly urging other Republicans to vote Dem as well. In addition, I believe I saw Schmidt claim (on MSNBC) that he was now a registered Dem, but I can't easily find a specific source from amongst all the Google returns of his claiming to vote Dem.

I dont use Twitter but of course we are exposed to it daily. Ive always thought Trump is a dumbass for his tweeting and said numerous times I wish he would stop. That being said...anyone that is critical of Trumps tweets and not the nonstop hatred of the idiot leftists that go on 24/7...well...that person would just be a piece of **** hypocrite and not have much relevance in the world, in my humble opinion.

I dont use Twitter but of course we are exposed to it daily. Ive always thought Trump is a dumbass for his tweeting and said numerous times I wish he would stop. That being said...anyone that is critical of Trumps tweets and not the nonstop hatred of the idiot leftists that go on 24/7...well...that person would just be a piece of **** hypocrite and not have much relevance in the world, in my humble opinion.

Jesus Vance...

Allow me to abbreviate.

VanceMack: Yes what Trump says on Twitter is dumb... BUT ANYONE WHO POINTS IT OUT IS AN IDIOT ****ING LEFTIST, RAGE RAGE RAGE!!!!!!!

Sorry for the delayed replies here, but besides regular real-life I've been wrestling with the polar vortech. And yes, I won!

Well said my friend. I know this principled conservative Democrat can only go to websites to express how he really feels.
Even when managing the local Republican HQ I had to keep a low profile and smile as i handed out the CRUZ lawn signs.

I certainly wish the Democratic party would pick something besides ANGER to have as an agenda.

However, I do feel there are lots and lots of moderates who would enjoy talking and reaching out to the other side to get things done, but the overriding anger of the day keeps them from raising their head over the top of the trench.
Those snipers are actively looking for anything to blow your head off over.
No small incident or comment is small enough for them to ignore.
Yet their standards do not apply to them, just to everyone else.
The PC culture need to die.

Hell, just yesterday the liberals attacked lifelong liberal Tom Brokaw for some small misstep he took.
It is like they are beating the bushes to attack anyone for anything they mildly find offensive.
Kevin Hart can't host the Academy awards because of something he said when he was 15 years old. This is complete insanity, and a classic definition of "beating the bushes" for anything to be offended by.

When, oh, when will sanity return to this country.

Walk with me eight hours and I will show you 20 things some will be offended by.
Complete insanity.
There's a lot here, and I agree with most of it.

I think there's merit in trying to maintain civility above strictly legal requirements, in organizations we create and become members of. But the PC culture has gotten out of hand, I agree. Particularly on college campuses. Which is so ironic, considering a half-century ago there was an explosion of campus free speech that germinated out of the Berkeley Free Speech Movement!

If there's any environment that needs to be dead-nuts accurate in speech and POV, it should be our educational institutions. The recent backlash to PC by schools like U of C, gives me hope though.

Reference: (U of C) Dear Class of 2020 Student .pdf

But I've got to ask: As a conservative, what brought you to the Dem Party?

The reason I ask, is because I grew-up heavily invested in the Dem Party, with most of us being what might be then described as JFK Dems. We lived personally conservatively (as Catholics), and believed strongly in self-reliance and not taking a dime from anybody. We also hated abortion, liked guns, and believed in serving our country. Today, my old crowd as a kid would be a tough fit for the current Dem Party. In fact, my old crowd (and family) substantially voted as Reagan Democrats, and this time around voted for Trump - though some of them are now souring on him.

Chomsky, my friend, Trump has been engaged in, and dodging lawsuits for decades.
He shrugs them off like dandruff on his silk suits.
In this day and age, no political figure will ever get in trouble...ever.
...and Trump money ensures he never has been really hurt by any of them.

This "president thing " is just another passing amusement for Trump.
He is having fun with it.
His tweets reflect that.
He enjoys the way the MSM and his haters are straining at the leash for his next tweet to analyze.

I think he sits up thinking what next one he can send out so they will go berserk over it.

A " dance, monkeys, dance " thing.
Well, I am not at all pleased by this. Call me old-school, but I expect our leaders to conduct themselves with dignity and respect. Even moreso, I won't tolerate a leader that attacks my fellow citizens.

Perhaps I should not have claimed "attachment to the Dems", as much as "voting Dem".

Vut so far I remember seeing Kystol, Max Booth, and Steve Schmidt, declare they've disavowed the Republican Party and they now will vote Dem, and are strongly urging other Republicans to vote Dem as well. In addition, I believe I saw Schmidt claim (on MSNBC) that he was now a registered Dem, but I can't easily find a specific source from amongst all the Google returns of his claiming to vote Dem.

Good to hear who they'll vote for, but they would have a much bigger impact if they joined as moderate Dems.

If Schultz runs, it looks like Schmidt will be his campaign manager. He should run as a moderate Dem, but he has no compelling message or policies to propose. He knows he would never get the nomination.

It would be a tragedy he runs and with Schmidt's help, splits the Dem vote and re-elects Numnuts. Satisfying their hubris could set back America decades...

I'm not a twitter user either so the only time I hear about his tweets are when they make the news. I read them to try and make sense of what Trump is trying to say. He's chosen social media as a way to speak to people directly, but like in many other areas, he'd be better served taking some time to think about what he says and proof read what he writes.

Good to hear who they'll vote for, but they would have a much bigger impact if they joined as moderate Dems.

If Schultz runs, it looks like Schmidt will be his campaign manager. He should run as a moderate Dem, but he has no compelling message or policies to propose. He knows he would never get the nomination.

It would be a tragedy he runs and with Schmidt's help, splits the Dem vote and re-elects Numnuts. Satisfying their hubris could set back America decades...
With all the left policy energy in the party, and the anti-Trump energy in the moderate wing of the party, I'm thinking someone like Kamala Harris in a solid left run by someone who also has law-enforcement credentials, might be the way to go if she runs a moderate Caucasian male foil as VP - like Conner Lamb or Doug Jones.

I never thought I'd say the Dems should tack to the left, but a Harris ticket like the above might succeed. I like her law enforcement aspect, against Trump's anti-law stance. It's such a clear contrast, along with all her other policies including running on "truth & unity".

Jesus Vance...

Allow me to abbreviate.

VanceMack: Yes what Trump says on Twitter is dumb... BUT ANYONE WHO POINTS IT OUT IS AN IDIOT ****ING LEFTIST, RAGE RAGE RAGE!!!!!!!
Your typical fail. No need to abbreviate. What I said was quite direct. Trump is a douchebag. The ****heads that post their nonstop inane hatred of the man...just as bad. Those that lack the capacity to recognize it? Worse.

Liberals in the MSM resent the fact that Trump connects with Americans without having his message strained through their biased spins. I don't use Twitter but I congratulate Trump for his successful use of the message outlet.

Back
Top Bottom