• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tulsi Gabbard says she will run for president in 2020

She's on the fence about torture, too. The DNC won't allow her to win the primary.

You seem to think that it's a good thing to be "on the fence about torture", given how you hate every Democrat position. Are you a torture supporter?

She'll be an interesting candidate because she isn't a push over and might have some crossover appeal to people on the fence. She's been pretty clear on foreign entanglements and is keen on keeping the US out of them. She's less of an establishment DNC player, so we'll see how that goes. I find her the most interesting out of those running, as she's a more practical minded candidate.

You seem to think that it's a good thing to be "on the fence about torture", given how you hate every Democrat position. Are you a torture supporter?

No, it isn't. It would be better if she supported using torture to extract information.

So you're okay with the fact that she likely violated House ethics rule to secretly meet with a brutal dictator. Got it.

Yep, I couldn't possibly care less. If anything it shows some outside the box thinking to find real solutions to issues.

Is that the entire reason you labeled her a "DINO"? Are you mad that she had the audacity to criticize the great one and go behind his back to find out what is going on? Besides being antiwar she is in line with virtually every Democratic position, not sure why you would label her a DINO.

Yep, I couldn't possibly care less. If anything it shows some outside the box thinking to find real solutions to issues.

Is that the entire reason you labeled her a "DINO"? Are you mad that she had the audacity to criticize the great one and go behind his back to find out what is going on? Besides being antiwar she is in line with virtually every Democratic position, not sure why you would label her a DINO.

So a potentially unethical secret meeting with a blatant tyrant doesn't disqualify her? Maybe this will:

[A] deeper look at Gabbard’s political career shows that she is devoted to attaining power and to the perpetuation of extremist, fringe ideology. She adopts and sheds extremist positions at will, but one thing remains constant: her consistent embrace of hard-right politics.

The 35-year-old Congresswoman from Hawaii was raised in a politically powerful household. Her father, Mike Gabbard, is a well-known firebrand in Hawaiian politics— his most beloved issue is a virulent rejection of homosexuality and gay rights.

The younger Gabbard protested against a bill advocating civil unions during her tenure in the Hawaii Congress, holding up signs decrying the proposition. The bill eventually stalled.​

and:

Gabbard’s first marriage, to a man named Eduardo Tamayo, lasted from 2002 to 2006. Tamayo and Gabbard were both involved with a man named Chris Butler, the leader of a Hare Krishna spinoff called the Science of Identity Foundation that is located in Honolulu County.

The Hawaii Free Press notes that a number of Butler-connected Hawaiians have contributed to Gabbard and that her involvement with the cult is still an open question.​

So, let's summarize what we have so far:

* First Democrat in the House to try to make peace with then president-elect tRump instead of figuring out how to stop him;
* Meeting in secret, potentially against House ethics rules, with one of the world's most brutal tyrants;
* Blatantly anti-gay views as recently as the 2000s;
* Association with Chris Butler's Science of Identity Foundation cult.

Just as I said in the OP, hard pass from me. :thumbdown

Been there 6 years and I have almost never heard about her mattering.....that's a bad sign.

Actually, your general lack of knowledge is a bad sign.

Also, this is a hilarious post by you in the same thread that you should probably adhere to...

Pay Attention.

Back
Top Bottom