• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tucker Carlson Demands to See Ketanji Brown Jackson’s LSAT Scores

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
"Tucker Carlson demanded to see the Law School Admission Test results of President Joe Biden’s nominee to the Supreme Court.

So, is Ketanji Brown Jackson – a name that even Joe Biden has trouble pronouncing – one of the top legal minds in the entire country? We certainly hope so. Biden’s right. Appointing her is one of his gravest constitutional duties. So it might be time for Joe Biden to let us know what Ketanji Brown Jackson’s LSAT score was. How did she do on the LSATs? Why wouldn’t you tell us that? That would settle the question conclusively as to whether she’s a once-in-a-generation legal talent, the next Learned Hand. It would seem like Americans in a democracy have a right to know that and much more before giving her a lifetime appointment, but we didn’t hear that.

...Notably, there appears to be no record of Carlson publicly demanding to see the LSAT scores other recent Supreme Court nominees, such as Amy Coney Barrett, Brett Kavanaugh, and Neil Gorsuch."

Link

Psst - she's black, and thus, probably not capable but just another black recipient of affirmative action

Let's ignore that white women (Yes, I'm looking at you, Amy Coney Barrett) are the greatest beneficiaries of it. Just listen to the "dog whistle."

Not once did Tucker Carlson ask himself if a reality TV show star who inherited the only successful business he ever owned from his daddy was qualified to be president. Bullshit rejected, this guy does not care about qualifications, only partisanship and lies.

This is 2022 America.

The powers that be have decided that equity must be achieved.

So people will continue to be appointed to important positions regardless of their grades on any standardized tests.

If he really wants to make a statement about this particular appointment, he can best do so by maintaining 100% silence about it.

As we all know, silence can either be a sign of great respect or great contempt.

Not once did Tucker Carlson ask himself if a reality TV show star who inherited the only successful business he ever owned from his daddy was qualified to be president. Bullshit rejected, this guy does not care about qualifications, only partisanship and lies.
I could be mistaken, but I can't seem to recall when Carlson railed against the person you mentioned when that person threatened schools to prevent academic information going public (SAT scores, class grades, etc.). Surely he must have because he's consistent in regards to qualifications, right?
;)

Tucker Carlson cannot help himself but sink further into the abyss of some terrible combination of White Nationalism and Russian propaganda, basically the dominant ideologies in the Republican Party today.

"Tucker Carlson demanded to see the Law School Admission Test results of President Joe Biden’s nominee to the Supreme Court.

...Notably, there appears to be no record of Carlson publicly demanding to see the LSAT scores other recent Supreme Court nominees, such as Amy Coney Barrett, Brett Kavanaugh, and Neil Gorsuch."

Link

Psst - she's black, and thus, probably not capable but just another black recipient of affirmative action

Let's ignore that white women (Yes, I'm looking at you, Amy Coney Barrett) are the greatest beneficiaries of it. Just listen to the "dog whistle."
What does the score on an admissions test have to do with her performance now? The LSAT is taken BEFORE you go to law school and learn stuff. That is some dumb bulloney, right there.

That (qualifications to be president) went out the window when Obama was elected.

This is 2022 America.

So people will continue to be appointed to important positions regardless of their grades on any standardized tests.

If he really wants to make a statement about this particular appointment, he can best do so by maintaining 100% silence about it.

As we all know, silence can either be a sign of great respect or great contempt.
Or, some will choose to focus on qualifications when it's convenient, and ignore them when it's not. I suppose you were equally dismayed when we couldn't get access to the SAT scores and other academic information from a person who would go on to be president of the US, right?

Well it certainly does not help that the POTUS publicly declares that as being a requirement for the position.

If Biden were smart, and he is not, he would have said he is going to select the most qualified person and then still choose her.

Tucker Carlson cannot help himself but sink further into the abyss of some terrible combination of White Nationalism and Russian propaganda, basically the dominant ideologies in the Republican Party today.
The scary thing is how many people tune in to his show.

Sounds like Joy Reid and Lemon, and Stelter and hundreds more liberal speak reporters....look in your own mirror before you look in someone elses

Well it certainly does not help that the POTUS publicly declares that as being a requirement for the position.

If Biden were smart, and he is not, he would have said he is going to select the most qualified person and then still choose her.
That would have been the least controversial way of doing it, but I doubt it would have spared the same type of criticism. I have to wonder how many of those opposed to this instance of a president defining the specific kind of candidate were equally upset with Amy Coney Barrett's nomination when the then president stated he wanted to nominate a woman. I don't recall the male chauvinists/incels contingent up in arms about qualified men being excluded.

What Tucker is trying to convey is that somone should check if shes even qualified...I mean look what they did to Clarence Thomas and Kavanaugh...I know you dont pay attention when the liberal press destroys a Republican Nominee...and when its yours you dont want a peep nor a single part of her or his history reviewed..

Life and politics just doesnt work like that

There are HUNDREDS (at least) of "most qualified" candidates he can choose from... Black, white, latino, far right, far left, center, etc. The composition of the court affects its legitimacy with the American people and choosing someone who is not only well qualified but that reflects America is not a bad strategy at all..

That would have been the least controversial way of doing it, but I doubt it would have spared the same type of criticism. I have to wonder how many of those opposed to this instance of a president defining the specific kind of candidate were equally upset with Amy Coney Barrett's nomination when the then president stated he wanted to nominate a woman. I don't recall the male chauvinists/incels contingent up in arms about qualified men being excluded.
For the record, I thought it was politically stupid of Trump to announce he was picking a woman as well, despite her excellent qualifications.

Link

Yep, Tucker Carlson expresses fake outrage on a regular basis. He is simply the warmup act for Sean Hannity.

That (qualifications to be president) went out the window when Obama was elected.
Really? Granted Obama wasn't a Senator for long, but that's more experience than the former president who had no public service experience at all. I'm not sure how no public service experience is better than some public service experience; and Obama studied Constitutional law.

For the record, I thought it was politically stupid of Trump to announce he was picking a woman as well, despite her excellent qualifications.
Fair enough. I think it's a lot better to make your nomination and have that stand versus announcing it and potentially making the confirmation process more contentious.

There are HUNDREDS (at least) of "most qualified" candidates he can choose from... Black, white, latino, far right, far left, center, etc.
Agreed

The composition of the court affects its legitimacy with the American people and choosing someone who is not only well qualified but that reflects America is not a bad strategy at all..
Not if "composition" is simply based on melanin, or lack of a y chromosome.

Frankly, the "legitimacy" has been in question since Marbury vs. Madision in 1803.

This is 2022 America.

This post makes absolutely no sense. She is an incredibly successful judge in the United States. Just to be on the list to be considered for a SC nomination a person has to be very qualified. She is one of the best legal minds in America. As the OP references, why are her grades on the LSAT suddenly so important when you people have never cared before? I am certain she scored fine the LSAT considering she is one of the top judges in America. That doesn't happen to law school drop outs.

Really? Granted Obama wasn't a Senator for long, but that's more experience than the former president who had no public service experience at all. I'm not sure how no public service experience is better than some public service experience; and Obama studied Constitutional law.
Not all of us view "public service" experience as a plus, necessarily.

Obama may have studied the constitution, but his comprehension of it is in question based on many actions.

There are HUNDREDS (at least) of "most qualified" candidates he can choose from... Black, white, latino, far right, far left, center, etc. The composition of the court affects its legitimacy with the American people and choosing someone who is not only well qualified but that reflects America is not a bad strategy at all..
That she was a public defender is something I'm happy about as well. You don't get many of those on the SCOTUS.

Back
Top Bottom