• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trust

I do not understand why anyone trusts the government or the media.

I never have.

The media is beholden to their advertisers, stock owners, etc.
The government is beholden to their campaign donors

People trust way too easily.

I never have.

So then where do you get your news from? How do you keep yourself informed on current events?

I never have.

You trust but verify. You never verify? You don't choose based on policy?

The erosion of the education system and parenting is where our decline began, imo.

Belief.

For instance, when CNN runs a story about an elected official...why do you believe it? Have they handed you evidence? No, not really. Is there video? Not usually. Nope, ultimately, you're taking someone's word for it. IE, faith.
You should have multiple sources for news though. I would trust news outlets over Facebook postings, which seems to be a large source for many. It's concensus, ultimately, and combined with proof, or a playing-out of the information. I'd trust an outlet that prints corrections and admits mistakes over one that never does that.

Back
Top Bottom