• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump turns to the teleprompter

Trump, like Hillary, has the party nomination locked up and now must concentrate on gaining wider support from those outside the party (their base?). Blurting out random thoughts is unlikely to accomplish that goal. Trump desperately needs assistance in remaining on message (script?) or Hillary (and her MSM supporters) will have endless sound bites to portray him as an unfocused nut job.

Trump portrays himself as an unfocused nutjob as well as a xenophobe, racist, and bigot. All Hillary has to do is run ads that simply play all the clips of Trump saying or tweeting crazy, racist, and sexist things. He has already provided them with years worth of material. I have been saying for months now that the Hillary campaign will run the most effective negative ad campaign against Trump since at least LBJ / Goldwater.

So will this mark an about-face from the Right for their continued harassment of Obama for using a teleprompter?

It was always a pretty stupid line of attack. But it's another "own goal" that Trump unnecessarily created, harping on and on about teleprompters etc. He's still better than Hillary.

I'm on a fast and have specifically not been drinking for the past two weeks, and up until now I had no idea how painful this campaign was. I want to go camping up in Big Sur where there's no satellite signal.

Bring beer

He must have updated it in the past couple days because I visited it a couple days ago looking for his position on education and it didn't have anything on education. Now it has a 51 second Youtube video on the subject. In fact, all the issues on his issues page are covered by very brief Youtube videos. No actual plans laid out. And best of all, no reading needed!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/issues
Reading not involved, that will work with some of his supporters

Yes, that's why I qualified my comment to include 'maybe one other.' I had in the back of my mind that there was a second incident so thanks. This is it.

I think there was one other but I cant remember what it was and a fast Google did not locate it.

Interesting note: when Don does things he does not do it half way, he had a teleprompter put in his office so that he could learn it.

I think there was one other but I cant remember what it was and a fast Google did not locate it.

Interesting note: when Don does things he does not do it half way, he had a teleprompter put in his office so that he could learn it.

That's one thing I have observed about him and have been reading up about him. He readily admits when he doesn't know how to do something, and does his homework to get up to speed. And he surrounds himself with people with knowledge and skill sets that he himself does not have or does not have yet. That is encouraging to me that he won't just go off half cocked doing anything if he is President, and he will get good counsel and know as much about it as he can learn before making a decision on it.

He is also smart not to lay out his entire playbook for everybody to see. He knows that complex issues cannot always be outlined in detail in the beginning, but flexibility is necessary as new information comes in or circumstances change. So I am satisfied if he gives us a general idea of what needs to happen and what he intends to accomplish even though the details of how he will get from here to there are sketchy.

Trump portrays himself as an unfocused nutjob as well as a xenophobe, racist, and bigot. All Hillary has to do is run ads that simply play all the clips of Trump saying or tweeting crazy, racist, and sexist things. He has already provided them with years worth of material. I have been saying for months now that the Hillary campaign will run the most effective negative ad campaign against Trump since at least LBJ / Goldwater.

Great for America, months of Hillary (and the MSM) trying to convince us that the best reason to vote for Hillary is fear of what changes Trump might actually accomplish. Meanwhile we "stay the course" and prepare for 4 more years of wonderful foreign policy, open borders and a sluggish economy that keeps money in the hands of the powerful elite. Hope for no change - except the gender of the POTUS. ;)

Precisely. But getting a Trumpette to admit that is as likely as me waking up next to Sean Connery tomorrow morning.

Geez, woman......now you've dumped Brad Pitt and gone back to 007......and are apparently living in a geriatric ward with Sean.
Like I said....women are so fickle.

It was always a pretty stupid line of attack. But it's another "own goal" that Trump unnecessarily created, harping on and on about teleprompters etc. He's still better than Hillary.

I completely disagree (with the latter). He has shown himself to be reckless, out of control, and completely unwilling to form alliances with those he has even the mildest rivalries with. He has alienated everybody but his immediate base, and I see that as extraordinarily dangerous. Now, with any luck he'll continue to melt down and lose the national election. The worst case scenario is that he wins, takes everything he is and applies it to the world stage.

I think the world is morphing into a more uncertain and dangerous place. Rival countries are on the rise economically and militarily, and we will need someone to steer us through some extremely tumultuous waters in the very near future. Trump has demonstrated that he doesn't have the temperament to be that person. We simply can't afford to have him alienate the world in the same way that Trump has so eagerly alienated just about everybody in his own country. We've already gotten a small taste test of this when he did everything in his power to increase tensions with Mexico because of that stupid wall and by insulting Latinos at every turn, and finally by announcing that as president he wouldn't get along with the head of our closest and most powerful ally, the United Kingdom. It is only going to get worse from there.

Hillary is a cold, calculating bitch who has sold out her base for her own profiteering, but she has also shown that she can withstand chaos, while Trump wants to be that chaos.

I seem to remember Obama absolutely eviscerating a group of Republican congresscritters, sans telemprompter.
Hey, I remember that.
He went to a GOP retreat and chopped-up the Repubs.
It went so poorly for the GOP, that Fox news cut away to pundit analysis while the event was still going on.
Texas Senator John Cornyn ruefully admitted that it was a "mistake" to allow cameras in the room.
Good times!!!

Anti-Trump people have been complaining for months that Trump just isn't 'presidential' enough.
Well, now Trump is doing the most presidential of things, he's using a teleprompter, like Obama has done for 7 years.

If you didn't criticize Obama for it, why bash Trump?

The point isn't about Trump using a teleprompter. In fact, he probably should have been doing so all along. The point is all the RWers who couldn't criticize Obama enough for using one are now falling all over themselves to justify Trump.

Of course this has nothing to do with partisanship. They're above that :lamo

Great for America, months of Hillary (and the MSM) trying to convince us that the best reason to vote for Hillary is fear of what changes Trump might actually accomplish. Meanwhile we "stay the course" and prepare for 4 more years of wonderful foreign policy, open borders and a sluggish economy that keeps money in the hands of the powerful elite. Hope for no change - except the gender of the POTUS. ;)

Blame the voters in your party for that. They chose a reality TV star with zero political experience all because of race baiting rhetoric. Oh, and because he's going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.:lol:

Really, that IS the best (and only) reason to vote for Hillary. Trump is the worst candidate the GOP has ever fielded.

:lamo

Thats so sad...

You DO realize that the OP was FORMED around commentary over trump and Obama...OBAMA...using teleprompters...right? You get that 5 of the first 10 posters here cited Obama and liberal shills like Disney and Cardinal cited Obama and you then want to make it be about me? Talk about living rent free in your head.

:lamo

Actually, I was the OP, and my commentary was directed at the Trump supporters who have been making ignorant posts for years about how Obama uses a teleprompter. The Trump supporters who jumped on the bandwagon with Trump when he said more than once how terrible teleprompters are and how people running for office shouldn't be allowed to use them.....well, except him, of course. My OP was designed to show the embarrassingly blatant hypocrisy of people who have been voting the same party I have for years, but who are so blinded by this ignorant buffoon names Trump that they can't even keep their opinions straight.

My OP had absolutely nothing to do with how Obama speaks. I don't even fault Trump for using a prompter - I also never faulted Obama for using one. This is about the dishonesty of the Trump supporters, and their hypocrisy. And the dishonesty of Trump as well.

Are you actually trying to criticize Trump for using a teleprompter?

No, which I assumed would have been obvious.

I also never criticized Obama for using one. Trump did. Trump supporters did. Now he's using one. This thread turned out exactly as I suspected it would.

No, which I assumed would have been obvious.

I also never criticized Obama for using one. Trump did. Trump supporters did. Now he's using one. This thread turned out exactly as I suspected it would.

I criticized Obama, because he would never hardly not use one and his head kept swinging one way or the other. But Trump talks without notes often.

But it wasn't obvious to me that you weren't criticizing him, sorry. ;)

He must have updated it in the past couple days because I visited it a couple days ago looking for his position on education and it didn't have anything on education. Now it has a 51 second Youtube video on the subject. In fact, all the issues on his issues page are covered by very brief Youtube videos. No actual plans laid out. And best of all, no reading needed!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/issues

I just tortured myself by watching a couple of them. Why is that useless slobbering asswipe worried about the heroin issue here in NH, and what "border" does he plan to close to stop it?

That man is just a heinous mess.

Back
Top Bottom