• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump turns to the teleprompter

LOL....the same right-wingers that are falling all over themselves attempting to justify Trump's hypocrisy on teleprompters....are the same right-wingers that struggled with trying to justify Cruz' citizenship after they had jumped on the birther movement 8 years before......the same ones who struggled and fumbled trying to justify their support for a one term senator like Cruz/Rubio or a man with zero experience like Trump when they had criticized Obama for being a one term senator. Its called hypocrisy in its clearest....most visible state.
'

4 minutes of spliced clips proves that Obama is "incoherent"? What sheer idiocy.

I guess the high point, and the point in reference, was Obama's stumbling come back at Trump.
I'll have to dig out a video link for you when I get home, I heard it was rather spectacular.
I can't while I'm at the office.

Anti-Trump people have been complaining for months that Trump just isn't 'presidential' enough.
Well, now Trump is doing the most presidential of things, he's using a teleprompter, like Obama has done for 7 years.

If you didn't criticize Obama for it, why bash Trump?
Obama didn't make a big deal about it.

Obama didn't make a big deal about it.

Nobody made a big deal about it until right wing hacks decided it was now a thing to mock. And Obama of course didn't mock people using a teleprompter on at least three different occasions.

So Mr. Trump, please clarify how you feel about teleprompters.

I dont think that the off the cuff rallies are going to go away, even as President Trump will do it occasionally, because he is very good at it and likes doing it, he likes showing off that he has the confidence him himself to do it. In the early early days he would step up with just a few words on a small piece of paper, but over time he moved on to having full sheets full, sometimes more than one (about 8 weeks ago I saw him with three sheets), sharpie I think I remember him saying in an interview, he writes it out as he is on the plane headed to the rally. He knows that he will mostly have to give it up as he moves up.

what world do you people live in? trump gives press conferences every 5 minutes. the old hag you are voting for hasn't given one in six months. and you have the balls to say trump is working off a script because of ONE SPEECH?! you people would be funny if you weren't so pathetically blind to your own hypocrisy.

So Mr. Trump, please clarify how you feel about teleprompters.

Do you take the Old Testament literally too?

Literalists miss the magic of Trump.

What a crying shame.

What a loss.

Trump used a teleprompter and adopted a speaking style markedly different from his own. His remarks weren’t without barbs. He attacked Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. But he did so in the way that all Republicans attack partisan rivals.

He sounded like… well, like a typical politician.
The Teleprompter Trump - The Atlantic

By the time we vote the conventional wisdom will be that Trump is plenty presidential, but he is a outlaw at heart, a fighter, which is exactly what we want.

Trump is very very good a figuring out what other people want.

I missed all the threads from the Trump supporters howling about how Trump channeled his inner Barack Obama and used a teleprompter.

I thought Trump just spoke from the heart and wasn't a phony who needs a teleprompter to feed him his thoughts, like that evil Obama?

After days of characteristic defiance amid charges that his comments accusing a Mexican-American judge of bias were racist, Trump's speech Tuesday night marked an about-face as a more restrained, yet out-of-character Trump appeared.

Donald Trump turned to the two teleprompters to his left and right on Tuesday night and took a victory lap, as Republicans cast their final votes of the primary season.

Election 2016: Donald Trump turns to the teleprompter - CNNPolitics.com

And promptly bored the crap out of everybody who listened to it. Since he has no campaign, no platform, no policies, the only time he's worth listening to is when he's on one of his racist, hate filled rants.

And promptly bored the crap out of everybody who listened to it. Since he has no campaign, no platform, no policies, the only time he's worth listening to is when he's on one of his racist, hate filled rants.

He has claimed from the jump that he can be just as boring as the rest of the profession.

He said " you will see, I will do it eventually".

Now he has, the man kept his word.

hey, a lib calling someone racist. how refreshing. makes it easier to you know.....actually debate facts. and when he buries Hillary in the debates I doubt you will be singing that tune. People don't vote for a policy, they vote for a person. They vote for someone who believes the country is on the wrong track(like MOST americans think it is) and don't want a third term of Obama. Is those so hard to comprehend? or am I now a racist, so you don't have to debate me either?

So Mr. Trump, we didn't quite hear you the first three times. Could you please elaborate on your position on teleprompters again?

HAHAHA OMFG I forgot about that.

That Trump....he's so silly. Let's just ignore his complete about face and focus on how awesome he is. He wants to do stuff and things!

I don't understand why he is so awesome. No Trump supporter has ever been able to craft a message about the greatness of Trump that appeals to me, as I usually like the people in my party. The Trumpets are a part of a cult and they don't even know it! Any Trump surrogate on any panel on the cable channels always gets destroyed because they look like F***king idiots!!!! Did you see CNN panel utterly destroy Jeffrey Lord (well known Trump supporter) the other night??? It was sooo painfaul, I couldn't look away.

Trump supporter struggles to defend Mexican comment on CNN | TheHill
Van Jones rips Jeffrey Lord over Trump judge flap - CNN Video

Then there's that idiot Kayleigh Mcenany. She fits the definition of deer in the headlights. When Trump supporters tell me he hires the best people, I just really want to mention these guys, but I know that the Trump supporters probably would have never even heard of them...

hey, a lib calling someone racist. how refreshing. makes it easier to you know.....actually debate facts. and when he buries Hillary in the debates I doubt you will be singing that tune. People don't vote for a policy, they vote for a person. They vote for someone who believes the country is on the wrong track(like MOST americans think it is) and don't want a third term of Obama. Is those so hard to comprehend? or am I now a racist, so you don't have to debate me either?

Actually it's the cons - like, you know, Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell - that are calling him racist. Read a newspaper now and again - oh wait, you're a Trumpie. You guys don't read newspapers, do you? You might see something in there you don't like.

As far as Obama popularity, again it's probably just as well you don't read.

As far as Trump beating Clinton in a debate -:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo

I missed all the threads from the Trump supporters howling about how Trump channeled his inner Barack Obama and used a teleprompter.

I thought Trump just spoke from the heart and wasn't a phony who needs a teleprompter to feed him his thoughts, like that evil Obama?

After days of characteristic defiance amid charges that his comments accusing a Mexican-American judge of bias were racist, Trump's speech Tuesday night marked an about-face as a more restrained, yet out-of-character Trump appeared.

Donald Trump turned to the two teleprompters to his left and right on Tuesday night and took a victory lap, as Republicans cast their final votes of the primary season.

This isn't the first time he has used a teleprompter. He did that when he did his AIPAC speech and maybe one other.

I think the jokes about Obama and his teleprompter stems from how really poor an extemporaneous speaker Obama is. Without his teleprompter or a complete script, he really flounders and stumbles which is why his handlers rarely ever let him go without it. And when they do, they invariably regret it. He doesn't think well on his feet at all. Trump, by comparison, is quite comfortable as an extemporaneous speaker with only a few crib notes, if even that, to remind himself what he wants to include in an address. His concession to a teleprompter is when he wants to be very specific and precise. Some call that more 'presidential' and maybe it does add a bit of prestige to his address, but I suspect he will never shy away from the unscripted extemporaneous format entirely.

Trump is a phony. I've said it from the beginning. I'll be happy if that's the worse ends up being.

Actually it's the cons - like, you know, Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell - that are calling him racist. Read a newspaper now and again - oh wait, you're a Trumpie. You guys don't read newspapers, do you? You might see something in there you don't like.

No they read Drudge...

Aw, someone pointed out your ODS.

Enjoy watching a hypocritic despot wanna-be reading a teleprompter. LOL
I will enjoy equally the Trump/Clinton show just as I will enjoy the parade of clowns supporting them both. It will really funny knowing they both think there is a difference between the two groups.

And BTW...its EQUALLY ironic seeing you talking about the word 'derangement'. You know...considering you observed everyone else in this thread talking about Obama but **** yourself over me. Honestly...its like I kinda feel guilty not buying you flowers or chocolates or something.

:lamo

hillary has always been handled with kid gloves in these debates. the fact that you don't think she's vulnerable is cute, like a child mindlessly playing in mud.

ryan and mcconnell will still back Trump in November, and they said his comments might be seen as racist, not that HE was a racist. but why should facts stand in your way at this point. like I said it's easier to name call someone. that way you don't have to debate anything. just hurl dumb accusations that won't stick. Like if Cruz had been the nominee you wouldn't be calling him a racist at some point. It's pretty much the only arrow in the liberal quiver. sad really.

The OP is not liberal. Just ask her.
Reading is not just fun...its fundamental. The OP did indeed cite Trump, correct? And when I cited 'liberals' I specifically cited 2 very fully in partisans...didnt I?

I guess I should buy you flowers too...

This isn't the first time he has used a teleprompter. He did that when he did his AIPAC speech and maybe one other.

I think the jokes about Obama and his teleprompter stems from how really poor an extemporaneous speaker Obama is. Without his teleprompter or a complete script, he really flounders and stumbles which is why his handlers rarely ever let him go without it. And when they do, they invariably regret it. He doesn't think well on his feet at all. Trump, by comparison, is quite comfortable as an extemporaneous speaker with only a few crib notes, if even that, to remind himself what he wants to include in an address. His concession to a teleprompter is when he wants to be very specific and precise. Some call that more 'presidential' and maybe it does add a bit of prestige to his address, but I suspect he will never shy away from the unscripted extemporaneous format entirely.

Nor the second:

In a rare prepared speech, Donald Trump outlined his energy policy in Bismarck, North Dakota.

Trump is known for bucking conservative orthodoxy but, on Thursday, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee largely hewed to the typical Republican line. Reading from a teleprompter,
Donald Trump pledges to rip up Paris climate agreement in energy speech | MSNBC

Back
Top Bottom