• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump says he will not attend Biden's inauguration

You’ve got that exactly the wrong way around...tyrannies start when the media define what you can talk about.
THE PRESS IN THE THIRD REICH

Establishing Control of the Press

When Adolf Hitler took power in 1933, the Nazis controlled less than three percent of Germany’s 4,700 papers.

The elimination of the German multi-party political system brought about the demise of hundreds of newspapers produced by outlawed political parties. It also allowed the state to seize the printing plants and equipment of the Communist and Social Democratic Parties, which were often turned over directly to the Nazi Party. In the following months, the Nazis established control or exerted influence over independent press organs.

During the first weeks of 1933, the Nazi regime deployed the radio, press, and newsreels to stoke fears of a pending “Communist uprising,” then channeled popular anxieties into political measures that eradicated civil liberties and democracy. SA (Storm Troopers) and members of the Nazi elite paramilitary formation, the SS, took to the streets to brutalize or arrest political opponents and incarcerate them in hastily established detention centers and concentration camps. Nazi thugs broke into opposing political party offices, destroying printing presses and newspapers.
==================================================
This is an example of how tyrannies begin by first suppressing the media & free speech.

THE PRESS IN THE THIRD REICH

Establishing Control of the Press

When Adolf Hitler took power in 1933, the Nazis controlled less than three percent of Germany’s 4,700 papers.

The elimination of the German multi-party political system brought about the demise of hundreds of newspapers produced by outlawed political parties. It also allowed the state to seize the printing plants and equipment of the Communist and Social Democratic Parties, which were often turned over directly to the Nazi Party. In the following months, the Nazis established control or exerted influence over independent press organs.

During the first weeks of 1933, the Nazi regime deployed the radio, press, and newsreels to stoke fears of a pending “Communist uprising,” then channeled popular anxieties into political measures that eradicated civil liberties and democracy. SA (Storm Troopers) and members of the Nazi elite paramilitary formation, the SS, took to the streets to brutalize or arrest political opponents and incarcerate them in hastily established detention centers and concentration camps. Nazi thugs broke into opposing political party offices, destroying printing presses and newspapers.
==================================================
This is an example of how tyrannies begin by first suppressing the media & free speech.
Kinda what social media are doing now...cheers for the heads up mate.

I just hope Trump shows the world that China is responsible for this virus...as in deliberately responsible...that would be a great gift to the Dem government. It could get very entertaining...fingers crossed. 🤞

If there were an act of war would Trump still have to step aside? Lol....🤣😂😇

I just hope Trump shows the world that China is responsible for this virus...as in deliberately responsible...that would be a great gift to the Dem government. It could get very entertaining...fingers crossed. 🤞

it would but it would also require him to be capable of organizing a credible investigation, and not having a reputation as a serial liar. Why would anyone believe anything he says about the virus? Even if it’s true, you have no way to know. Of supposedly millions of fraudulent votes he could not prove a single one. And he thinks he can prove where the virus came from? Not likely. We are probably more likely to prove the virus origins once Biden takes charge.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will not attend the inauguration of his successor, Democratic President-elect Joe Biden, later this month, he said in a tweet on Friday, hours after promising a peaceful transition of power.
===============================================================
I guess his ego could not handle this.

I hope Speaker Pelosi doesn't attend either. If the worst happens, we need someone in the chain of succession who can step in and take over.

You’ve got that exactly the wrong way around...tyrannies start when the media define what you can talk about.
Or...the public defines the media and the media obliges by telling them what they want to hear.

Looks the the adult in the room (Pence) has been invited and will attend. It's moments like this I'll miss seeing Trump pee his pants on Twitter.

it would but it would also require him to be capable of organizing a credible investigation, and not having a reputation as a serial liar. Why would anyone believe anything he says about the virus? Even if it’s true, you have no way to know. Of supposedly millions of fraudulent votes he could not prove a single one. And he thinks he can prove where the virus came from? Not likely. We are probably more likely to prove the virus origins once Biden takes charge.
Can’t Trump just release information that US security services might have ?

Or...the public defines the media and the media obliges by telling them what they want to hear.
I think it’s pretty clear to anyone with open eyes that the media ( social and MSM) are attempting to control the narrative...I see an all out attack on free speech is currently taking place...Twitter bans, Facebook bans , Parler de-platformed...but hey , maybe you’re comfortable with that...

I think it’s pretty clear to anyone with open eyes that the media ( social and MSM) are attempting to control the narrative...I see an all out attack on free speech is currently taking place...Twitter bans, Facebook bans , Parler de-platformed...but hey , maybe you’re comfortable with that...
No, what you see are temper tantrums by people who think rules and social norms don't apply to them.

No, what you see are temper tantrums by people who think rules and social norms don't apply to them.
Not allowing people to express themselves ( with the exception of inciting violence against others) is the very definition of fascism ...social norms are not a ****ing measure of what is right and only a ****ing retard would think otherwise...the social norms of Saudi Arabia are not a ****ing positive thing from a democratic Western point of view. **** me , God help us all , the left are dim as ****.

Did you see my temper tantrum...🤣😂😇🇬🇧

Do you have a ****ing clue about what is free speech?

No one is arguing the source of the virus. What is unique to each country is how they manage their respective responses. There's only so much political capital generated by blaming China, because they're not the ones managing the response in the US or other parts of the world. If you think this through, the premise you're presenting actually makes the current administration look even worse since it would be a national defense failure; especially since it's been revealed he knew about the severity of the contagion and chose not to inform the public or adjust the response accordingly.

If there were only one source for media content, then you'd have a better argument. In the case of countries where state controlled TV dominates, then one can argue free speech isn't afforded the same breadth as we have in the US. Social media platforms have terms of service rules by which its users must abide, and when they don't, the sites have the right to suspend or terminate users.

This forum is a perfect example of the restrictions to speech by the terms of service. We are free to express ourselves within the limits of the sites terms of service. If I make defamatory remarks or threaten other posters, I could have my account suspended or terminated. Is that a restriction of speech? Sure, but I am on a private forum, and restrictions to free speech in the US are only an issue if the government infringes on that right.

Not allowing people to express themselves ( with the exception of inciting violence against others) is the very definition of fascism ...social norms are not a ****ing measure of what is right and only a ****ing retard would think otherwise...the social norms of Saudi Arabia are not a ****ing positive thing from a democratic Western point of view. **** me , God help us all , the left are dim as ****.

"Fascism, ****ing retard, Saudi Arabia, dim as shit and invoking God....it looks like you've gone off the rails, Big Eye. But hey, at least you got to express yourself, right?

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to express myself to tell you what I really think of your infantile rant. Words and actions still have consequences no matter what the forum is. So what should I do when I can't fully express myself on a social platform....should I blame the system and try to overthrow the gubbamint.... disenfranchise millions of voters....storm, vandalize and loot US and State capitols....bomb Main Street.....threaten to assassinate elected leaders.....take down names and dox their supporters.....what?

Last edited:
If there were only one source for media content, then you'd have a better argument. In the case of countries where state controlled TV dominates, then one can argue free speech isn't afforded the same breadth as we have in the US. Social media platforms have terms of service rules by which its users must abide, and when they don't, the sites have the right to suspend or terminate users.

This forum is a perfect example of the restrictions to speech by the terms of service. We are free to express ourselves within the limits of the sites terms of service. If I make defamatory remarks or threaten other posters, I could have my account suspended or terminated. Is that a restriction of speech? Sure, but I am on a private forum, and restrictions to free speech in the US are only an issue if the government infringes on that right.

That is the part that Neanderthals are unable to grasp.

Yes, I'm sure the president-elect is crying his eyes out because the nation's oldest juvenile won't attend his inauguration.

But at least his VP Pence is way more mature and plans on attending.

if someone tries to take away my vote, I am more than ok with taking away their voice. They can have a couple of years of quiet time to think on their actions. Sometimes children need quiet time.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will not attend the inauguration of his successor, Democratic President-elect Joe Biden, later this month, he said in a tweet on Friday, hours after promising a peaceful transition of power.
===============================================================
I guess his ego could not handle this.
Maybe he doesn't want to be anywhere near Biden if the shit hits the fan.

Maybe he doesn't want to be anywhere near Biden if the shit hits the fan.

I would be surprised if there was no civil unrest in D.C. on Jan. 20. These Trumpists are fanatics.

The Army should make sure in advance that the MD Nat Guard is present instead of being held back as they were on Wed.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if there was no civil unrest in D.C. on Jan. 20. These Trumpists are fanatics.

The Army should make sure in advance that the MD Nat Guard is present instead of being held back as they were on Wed.
I could be wrong but I think the National Guard from several surrounding states will be in DC until after the inauguration. They're still bringing them in by bus loads...

I could be wrong but I think the National Guard from several surrounding states will be in DC until after the inauguration. They're still bringing them in by bus loads...

Good news. I hope it circulates widely on social media & that the Trumpists stay home.

Good news. I hope it circulates widely on social media & that the Trumpists stay home.
Yes and no. Yes, if prevents riots and storming the capital....and no, an armed military presence in our nationals capital is not a good look for a free society in a democratic republic.

Yes and no. Yes, if prevents riots and storming the capital....and no, an armed military presence in our nationals capital is not a good look for a free society in a democratic republic.

I agree. All this over Trump being unwilling to face the fact that he lost & all his machinations to reverse that have failed.

Back
Top Bottom