• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump says he will not attend Biden's inauguration

Perfect ending to what has been, without a doubt, the most offensive Presidency in American history.

He began as an enemy to democracy, spent four years shattering Constitutional norms, and increasingly reduced the Office to a joke before the entire world. It is fitting that his last official act as President is to refuse to attend the very ceremony that makes our peaceful transition of power between leaders so historically special.

He's mortified he'd be arrested immediately afterward for violating it willfully and maliciously.

he'll have a campaign event to raise more money. send him $100.

I would not send him one penny.

It is the duty of rich people to fund politicians.

We ordinary people are lucky if we can pay our taxes. (And, boy oh boy, the Dem dictatorship will be raising taxes to pay for its favorite projects, such as reparations. No doubt Dem voters will be delighted to pony up.)

Exactly! Just his presence would spoil a positive festive occasion. Also, being the selfish media whore he is, he's be hogging any microphone or camera shots he could get. Let the traitor stay home on his crapper with his tweets.

With roaming bands of maskless MAGA crazies, they should hold the inaugurationin a bunker.

MSM is for those that have faith in authority....good luck with that.

well, let's consider this...
since the inception of MSM teh government has stayed the model of stability for the world and our standard of living has continually risen to once though unimaginable prosperity.

Since the beginning of wingnut news we have had the erosion of all the great institution that made us great and just fought back an attempted coup, something unimaginable before "alternate facts"

Seems to me one would not need luck to have faith in MSM but one would need more than faith, even weapons, if they believe in "alternate facts"

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will not attend the inauguration of his successor, Democratic President-elect Joe Biden, later this month, he said in a tweet on Friday, hours after promising a peaceful transition of power.
===============================================================
I guess his ego could not handle this.
It's probably just as well. The media would want to follow him just for the fact it's Trump and analyze every step he took, giving us a psychological play-by-play and reading into something that isn't there.

In other words, the media would make it about Trump and not Biden.

To be clear, I don't particularly want him there either, but he should be there as a matter of principle. I don't think anyone is shedding tears over his absence. I'd make sure to set up the chairs for him and Mel. Make sure everybody sees that they're empty.;)

The word principle and the name Trump in the same sentence will always be totally incongruent. ;)

well, let's consider this...
since the inception of MSM teh government has stayed the model of stability for the world and our standard of living has continually risen to once though unimaginable prosperity.

Since the beginning of wingnut news we have had the erosion of all the great institution that made us great and just fought back an attempted coup, something unimaginable before "alternate facts"

Seems to me one would not need luck to have faith in MSM but one would need more than faith, even weapons, if they believe in "alternate facts"
So when the MSM conjoin with the establishment that correlates to stability and wealth...kinda like Pravda in the old Soviet Union or something like this...

” Goebbels set up a department within the ministry that dealt solely with newspapers. The newspapers had to spread the same message as everything else – Gleischaltung – the coordination of the whole of Nazi German society so that it acted and thought the same. Therefore people could only read the news as it was presented to them by the government.”...https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/nazi-germany/newspapers-in-nazi-germany/

Selling your freedom of expression for some coin or comfort seems to be a tragic move...but it’s your country so good luck with your agenda.

So when the MSM conjoin with the establishment

This has never occurred in the USA.
MSM has been hated by every American president because it has remained independent and hence not allowed Presidents to become dictators, which they all lean toward.

The wing nut media is in lockstep with this President. They literally "create" news together on late night phone calls. Then the wing nut media and president, in unison, go out and sell it to the public.
This is what has caused our civil unrest.

If not for the independence of MSM now, the country would have been completely coopted and we would now be in authoritarian rule.

MSM has been hated by every American president because it has remained independent and hence not allowed Presidents to become dictators, which they all lean toward.

The wing nut media is in lockstep with this President. They literally "create" news together on late night phone calls. Then the wing nut media and president, in unison, go out and sell it to the public.

If not for the independence of MSM now, the country would have been completely coopted and we would now be in authoritarian rule.

Be prepared for another round of violence in Jan. 20.

Be prepared for another round of violence in Jan. 20.

You really think so?

If Trump quickly gets access to a mass media platform maybe but other than that, I expect only a few of the loosest screws to be out and about.

You really think so?

If Trump quickly gets access to a mass media platform maybe but other than that, I expect only a few of the loosest screws to be out and about.

It will be their last chance to unseat Biden. But Trump will not be there. We'll see.

I think this is both good and appropriate news. I don't think it makes any sense for Trump to attend Biden's inauguration - from either side.

Totally off topic, but I'll add I think it would have been wise for Michelle to not attend Trump's.
Is this the kind of America you want? One full of sore losers and nose snubbing scum? A nationalist 3rd world America?

No thanks.

I think Michelle showing up, set a good example.

It will be their last chance to unseat Biden. But Trump will not be there. We'll see.

What surprised me was the lack of spontaneous state house attacks since Wednesday morning and the absence of of almost all lethal means to capture the Capital.
I have seen nothing but "show" from the long gun TRump supporters.

This makes me think that this movement is more benign than it is portrayed as.

Blowhards, if you will.

Is this the kind of America you want? One full of sore losers and nose snubbing scum? A nationalist 3rd world America?

No thanks.

I think Michelle showing up, set a good example.

Trump is the first non adult we have had at this level of government.

Lol...in your country the MSM has taken control of the presidency , not visa versa . The media get to decide what kind of candidate stands...and seemingly ,who wins .Independent my arse lol...🤣😂🤣😂

Lol...in your country the MSM has taken control of the presidency , not visa versa . The media get to decide what kind of candidate stands...and seemingly ,who wins .Independent my arse lol...🤣😂🤣😂

I noticed long ago, the less people know, the louder they are.

Peace

Peace

Tyrannies usually start by silencing or ignoring the media (press, TV, etc)

What surprised me was the lack of spontaneous state house attacks since Wednesday morning and the absence of of almost all lethal means to capture the Capital.

Blowhards, if you will.

You can't get far when your people devolve into a disorganized rabble with no leadership. I fear that next time they will havelearned from this.

Peace
Do your friends always wear ear muffs? 🤣😂

I don’t see it like that...quiet people can be just as wrong as loud ones...they are just less inclined for people to know their thoughts...

GK Chesterton said this nearly a hundred years ago, and still people don’t learn...
“We do not need a censorship of the press. We have a censorship by the press... It is not we who silence the press. It is the press who silences us.”... he was so far ahead in this game ...he was a journalist too.

Tyrannies usually start by silencing or ignoring the media (press, TV, etc)
You’ve got that exactly the wrong way around...tyrannies start when the media define what you can talk about.

Blowhards, if you will.
What surprised me was that some of the security at the Capitol allowed access for the demonstrators...almost like blowback to the invasion was pre conceived.

Back
Top Bottom