• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump says he will not attend Biden's inauguration

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will not attend the inauguration of his successor, Democratic President-elect Joe Biden, later this month, he said in a tweet on Friday, hours after promising a peaceful transition of power.
===============================================================
I guess his ego could not handle this.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will not attend the inauguration of his successor, Democratic President-elect Joe Biden, later this month, he said in a tweet on Friday, hours after promising a peaceful transition of power.
I would also like to announce that I will never join governor Newsom at the French laundry.

I would also like to announce that I will never join governor Newsom at the French laundry.

and governor Newsom would never invited you to the French laundry.

Your god is proving again he has the mentality of an 8 year old. If he cannot be the QB he is taking his ball and going home.

He was never going to go.....

and governor Newsom would never invited you to the French laundry.

Your god is proving again he has the mentality of an 8 year old. If he cannot be the QB he is taking his ball and going home.
Governor Newsom would be honored to know that he will soon by my governor.

I think this is both good and appropriate news. I don't think it makes any sense for Trump to attend Biden's inauguration - from either side.

Totally off topic, but I'll add I think it would have been wise for Michelle to not attend Trump's.

Why isn't Trump in custody?!

Waaa, Wa Wa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I think this is both good and appropriate news. I don't think it makes any sense for Trump to attend Biden's inauguration - from either side.

I disagree, the optics of the past presidents and their families being there is part of the peaceful transfer of power. That is why Trump will only be the 4th to every not attend.

Surprise! Surprise! This just confirms again that he is unworthy of the office. Good riddance.

This may be at Biden's request. Why on Earth would anyone want the leader of one of the most anti American, most vile terrorists organizations on Earth to attend their inauguration?

FANTASTIC!

Biden and America certainly do not need Trump there; that narcissistic, deadly unrest fomenting, whiny man child, sore loser stinking up the already abbreviated, thanks to him, inaugural ceremonies!

Let Trump go see Pooty, his man crush soul mate; they can check out some properties outside Moscow, maybe, where Trumpy can build his dream dacha and world class golf course?

That or could call Little Rocket Man, his South East Asia love interest, maybe Kim would invite him to NK for a sleep over?

This may be at Biden's request. Why on Earth would anyone want the leader of one of the most anti American, most vile terrorists organizations on Earth to attend their inauguration?
Because, vile though he is, he's the outgoing president. This is a ceremony that marks the peaceful transition of power. The outgoing president has a roll to play in that. It is purely symbolic but no less important for that. This time the peaceful transition will happen in spite of, not because of, the outgoing president.

Because, vile though he is, he's the outgoing president. This is a ceremony that marks the peaceful transition of power. The outgoing president has a roll to play in that. It is purely symbolic but no less important for that. This time the peaceful transition will happen in spite of, not because of, the outgoing president.

Never has an outgoing president attempted to rile up his base and convinced them to attack congress in an attempt to stop the peaceful transition. Trump should not be welcome at any events. He and his family (those who helped) should be incarcerated.

At least no sane, rational, politically astute person would.
To be clear, I don't particularly want him there either, but he should be there as a matter of principle. I don't think anyone is shedding tears over his absence. I'd make sure to set up the chairs for him and Mel. Make sure everybody sees that they're empty.;)

He was never going to go.....

If he could have somehow twisted it into being some type of noble gesture (ex hubby at wife's wedding) tactic he might have. After Wed though, I say the further away he is, the better. I'm fine if Pence makes a showing though.

Back
Top Bottom