• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Pardons Michael Flynn, Who Pleaded Guilty To Lying About Russia Contact

I think they also threatened his son as well. It was a disgusting abuse of power. The people who plotted that should be the ones being subjected to a criminal indictment

This claim is always made without a thought as to what Junior was up to that would also put him into legal jeopardy.

So what was Junior up to?

The gentleman wanted documentation that Russia had intelligence indicating that the Clinton campaign started the whole Trump/Russia conspiracy theory.

And, extract from that rather long report the quotes that you thinjk support that claim. People shouldn't have to do your homework for you. How is 'alleged' evidence of anything?

Last edited:
And, extract from that rather long report the quotes that you thinjk support that claim. People shouldn't have to do your homework for you. How is 'alleged' evidence of anything?

Remember-- the allegation was that Mr. Trump and/or his campaign had conspired with Russia. That is why Mr. Flynn was being investigated-- for his role in the conspiracy-- specifically whether his conversation with Kisylak reflected a quid pro quo in pursuant of that theory.
The allegation isn't that Mrs. Clinton had manufactured the whole conspiracy. The letter is clear-- it could be false-- it could be an entire fabrication.
But regardless, the letter demonstrates evidence directly refuting the entire Trump/Russia conspiracy theory. Evidence that was known in the summer and fall of 2016.

Remember-- the allegation was that Mr. Trump and/or his campaign had conspired with Russia. That is why Mr. Flynn was being investigated-- for his role in the conspiracy-- specifically whether his conversation with Kisylak reflected a quid pro quo in pursuant of that theory.
The allegation isn't that Mrs. Clinton had manufactured the whole conspiracy. The letter is clear-- it could be false-- it could be an entire fabrication.
But regardless, the letter demonstrates evidence directly refuting the entire Trump/Russia conspiracy theory. Evidence that was known in the summer and fall of 2016.

Yes, that is correct. He was also caught lying to the FBI about his contacts, and then we have the claim (not under oath), that Flynn was fired by lying to Pence. The key part of the Mueller report about that is that while he can't prove it to the level 'beyond a reasonable doubt' he can not exonerate Trump either.

There was a quid pro quo: Pulling back sanctions on Russia for their help during the election. You may have missed this key passage from Flynn's sentencing memo.

KEY-PASSAGE.png

Mueller is very clear that that Flynn's wrongdoing took place during the transition - not during the campaign. He's specifying campaign here because the horse trading between Flynn and Kislyak, the requests he conveyed and Russia's response to the requests, was tied to the campaign. This links Flynn’s phone calls, during which he coordinated with Kislyak to undermine the Obama administration’s sanctions on Russia, to what happened before: Russia’s support for President Donald Trump during the campaign.

It would seem then that Flynn didn't lie because he was trying to cover up his actions. He lied because telling the truth would have exposed the Trump campaign's collusion with the Russian government. Flynn's lies were crucially "material" to Mueller's investigation into Trump Campaign ties to the Russians. Not transition ties.

Still doesnt beat defrauding thousands of people of their money through a made up university.

McCain was a dick to one person around him, and you are right, it is terrible. However, Trump put people in debt through slap suits, and garbage products.

I'd take McCain over Trump.

Still doesnt beat defrauding thousands of people of their money through a made up university.

McCain was a dick to one person around him, and you are right, it is terrible. However, Trump put people in debt through slap suits, and garbage products.

I'd take McCain over Trump.
Again, I wasn't playing your guy's worse than my guy. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the MSM. When McCain was a republican candidate for POTUS, to the MSM, he was a bad guy who cheated on his disfigured wife, and treated the press nasty after a long day, and how he would have many long days if elected POTUS. Then years later, when his vote doomed Trump's attempt to undo the ACA, with the very theatrical "thumbs down" on the Senate floor, he was a" Great American", and hero to the MSM. You would take McCain over Trump, and so would I. To the MSM however, it depends on their politics. If you haven't read Bernie Goldberg's book "Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News", you should. He's one of many that dared to tell the truth about the MSM, and pay a heavy price for it. Now days it's even worse. If you support "the enemy"(republicans) , they will do all they can to make sure you suffer the consequences.
Let me clarify something though, when I said I'd take McCain over Trump, I mean in battle, to have my back when the going get's rough. In a political situation, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Again, I wasn't playing your guy's worse than my guy. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the MSM. When McCain was a republican candidate for POTUS, to the MSM, he was a bad guy who cheated on his disfigured wife, and treated the press nasty after a long day, and how he would have many long days if elected POTUS. Then years later, when his vote doomed Trump's attempt to undo the ACA, with the very theatrical "thumbs down" on the Senate floor, he was a" Great American", and hero to the MSM. You would take McCain over Trump, and so would I. To the MSM however, it depends on their politics. If you haven't read Bernie Goldberg's book "Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News", you should. He's one of many that dared to tell the truth about the MSM, and pay a heavy price for it. Now days it's even worse. If you support "the enemy"(republicans) , they will do all they can to make sure you suffer the consequences.
Let me clarify something though, when I said I'd take McCain over Trump, I mean in battle, to have my back when the going get's rough. In a political situation, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

McCain was a guy who cheated on his disfigured wife. And Obama was the super secret Muslim who who was going to destroy America until he peacefully handed it to Trump.

Not sure what your point is here? That everyone is the same? McCain wasnt better than Obama, but he was worlds better than Trump.

This is why the GOP lost Arizona at the presidential level. Trump liked to shit on those who couldnt beat Obama, but then shit on Obama, when Trump wouldnt run against Obama either.

One day you will come to terms with the idea that Trump wasnt godsent. He was a salesman, with a grift.

From your link:

In late July 2016, U.S. intelligence agencies obtained insight into Russian intelligence analysis alleging that U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton had approved a campaign plan to stir up a scandal against U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump by tying him to Putin and the Russians' hacking of the Democratic National Committee. The IC does not know the accuracy of this allegation or the extent to which the Russian intelligence analysis may reflect exaggeration or fabrication.

There are facts which greatly weaken your premise:

1. The claim is alleged and the accuracy is not known.

2. The other two list items flow from the first.

3. The letter is by John Ratcliff, who in my view, is not a man of integrity, thus unreliable as a source, given that Ratcliffe claimed on Fox News that the special counsel investigation's report was not written by special counsel Robert Mueller, but by "Hillary Clinton’s de facto legal team" a claim which is typical of an alt-right fever swamp type person, i.e., a bogus claim to further Trump's agenda. and far right winger who traffics in 'conspiracy theories'

Ratcliff is generally thought of as a Trump stooge. So, your 'proof' is hardly proof at all. If you want me to even consider the plausibility of your claim, the document refers to declassified files, and I will need to see those. But, why bother, as Ratcliff, in the letter so stated:

The IC does not know the accuracy of this allegation or the extent to which the Russian intelligence analysis may reflect exaggeration or fabrication.

But look at what you arguing here:
For Trump & associates its what they "should have" known
For Clinton and associates it is penal by nature.
I don't recall saying that, care to quote me?
Says who? The FBI knew that Russia knew who Steele was working for.

Steele wasn't working for anyone. He's free lance.

Doesn't matter, anyway. The only salient fact is that Hillary hired a law firm Perkins Coie for Oppo research (who contracted with Fusion GPS, who subcontracted with Steele).

it is standard practice for political campaigns to use law firms to hire outside researchers to ensure their work is protected by attorney-client and work-product privileges.

The point is, Clinton is well shielded from criminal liability in this matter.

Kilimick wasn't a diplomat. He worked for over a decade as director of IRI, whose chairman was John MCCain.
He's a spy, doesn't matter what his front is.
If you want to slam Manafort for trusting Russians, that's fine. I don't defend him.
Then don't defend Trump for hiring him.
But what does this say about Steele? Or Brennan? Or Schiff? Or Comey? Unlike Manafort or Trump these guys are supposedly intelligence pros.
Yet they were more than happy to use information supplied from a suspected Russian agent to support actions they took.
Who has proven to be a greater security threat?

If you going to deflect off onto tangents about Steele, Brennan, Schiff, be specific.

Just when did Flynn "lose everything that he had"?
Just before they forced him to plead to a crime he didn't commit. He no longer had the financial means to fight it. .
He even lost his home. The corrupt Obama administration Justice department set out to ruin his life and they accomplished it.

That earns you another

One of the things about you 'wingers is that you think fooling yourselves fools everyone else. Or, put another way: the lies you tell yourselves about who and what you are are even bigger than the lies you tell the sane world

I can see you are someone who can be taken seriously.

Just before they forced him to plead to a crime he didn't commit. He no longer had the financial means to fight it. .
He even lost his home. The corrupt Obama administration Justice department set out to ruin his life and they accomplished it.
So what you’re saying is that he couldn’t defend himself without high priced lawyers?

Real convincing argument. 🙄

So what you’re saying is that he couldn’t defend himself without high priced lawyers?

Real convincing argument. 🙄
He couldn’t defend himself without paying lawyers to defend him. That’s the way it works.

The corrupt Obama justice department did everything they could to ruin his life. I don’t know why you aren’t appalled by that.

Oh wait, I know why. You’re a hack and Orange Man Bad.

so you are saying that a guy who just happened to forget about report income from Russia before he took the job as National Security adviser not only is destitute but innocent?

The destitute thing is funny... I support that. The traitor deserved worse.

He couldn’t defend himself without paying lawyers to defend him. That’s the way it works.

The corrupt Obama justice department did everything they could to ruin his life. I don’t know why you aren’t appalled by that.

Obama wasn’t President while Flynn was being prosecuted

Lots of people in this county defend themselves without paying lawyers.

One doesn’t plead guilty to save money.

Im appalled by the fact that a guy who is working for Turkey secretly while being the DNI as well as working with Russia on the sly and lying about it is considered no big deal by some.

But what does this say about Steele? Or Brennan? Or Schiff? Or Comey? Unlike Manafort or Trump these guys are supposedly intelligence pros.
Yet they were more than happy to use information supplied from a suspected Russian agent to support actions they took.
Who has proven to be a greater security threat?
The Mueller Report found that Kilimnik was "connected" to Russian intelligence agencies and the Senate Intel Cmte report went further and identified him as a Russian Intel officer. So that that says about Steele is that he was onto him and for Brennan, Schiff and Comey that they were rightly concerned about protecting this country as opposed to the at least Flynn, Manafort and their mob boss, Donnie The Dirtbag Trump. And people like your are still across here running interference, making up excuses and spreading lies for that scum.

Making statements like that is pretty much idiotic. Trump’s not evil. He’s often insulting and buffoonish, but that isn’t being evil.
If lying and doing everything to overturn and steal a clean and clear electoral clobbering isn't evil in your world then nothing is.

Everyone caught up the fake Russia fiasco and found guilty of process crimes should go free. The whole damn thing was fake. Didn't happen. Not real.

Everyone caught up the fake Russia fiasco and found guilty of process crimes should go free. The whole damn thing was fake. Didn't happen. Not real.

Nah... it happened.

What the Mueller Report says... for those who took the time to actually read it... is that the Trump campaign attempted to enter into a criminal conspiracy in order to obtain stolen information from a hostile foreign intelligence service in order to affect the election but through a series of bad luck or stupidity failed to do so and then when they won they worked to cover it up.

And for some reason because they failed people thinks it's all cool.

It's bonkers.

I'm beginning to think you're not real, by which I mean that you're someone having fun pretending to be the most ridiculous trumper possible; doing a perfect caricature of the total nutcase right winger.

Yet he was a literal foreign agent who was the NSA.

All the whining about how the prosecution was unfair is just whining.
You have no idea of the facts. He committed no crime, the FBI has pretty much admitted to entrapment and using a bogus accusation of a Logan Act violation to get in the door. The agents who interviewed Flynn twice found no fault. The Obama administration and the FBI director said lets sit on it and see what we can come up with. The lied to the FISA Court to get warrants and they knew they were lying. Where is your outrage at the FBI and the Justice System lying and fabricating evidence. When is someone going to jail over those crimes? Democrats are full of criminal communist leaning thugs.

Back
Top Bottom