• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Pardons Michael Flynn, Who Pleaded Guilty To Lying About Russia Contact

The Flynn pardon was righteous. His persecution was a low point in American politics

Well I personally don't by the whole 'perjury trap FBI setup' narrative. if you don't want to get charged for lying to law enforcement, don;t lie. what happened to the party of law and order? Personal responsibility? Flynn lied twice. If it's good enough to impeach Bill Clinton for lying under oath (and he did) then it's good enough for any official.

Going forward though what kind of pardons are we going to see from Trump? Manafort? Maxwell? His kids, himself? I know pardons can be very political but this could just be a prelude to more self-dealing.

Well I personally don't by the whole 'perjury trap FBI setup' narrative. if you don't want to get charged for lying to law enforcement, don;t lie. what happened to the party of law and order? Personal responsibility? Flynn lied twice. If it's good enough to impeach Bill Clinton for lying under oath (and he did) then it's good enough for any official.

Going forward though what kind of pardons are we going to see from Trump? Manafort? Maxwell? His kids, himself? I know pardons can be very political but this could just be a prelude to more self-dealing.

who knows, I won't comment until he does

How many pardons did Obama Issue? Remember Marc Rich and Clinton. so stop the stupidity and pretending only Trump did this
Trump is the only one pardoning people from his campaign and administration.

Remember- even Bush didn’t pardon Libby,because it was a bad look.

Trump is the only one pardoning people from his campaign and administration.

Remember- even Bush didn’t pardon Libby,because it was a bad look.
didn't he commute the sentence of Libby. That prosecution was a joke from the start.

Because he lost everything he had. He could no longer defend himself. They set out to ruin his life. This should be frightening to everyone who claims to be liberal or civil libertarian.

Why do you say that now, when a liberal President will soon replace the man who has spent the last four years ruining lives? You worship the man who did everything he could to ruin nearly every liberal American's life. Finally all liberals are going to see their lives get much better with their own kind in the White House.

You're right and I was wrong. I did not do a sufficient search.

Seriously, you did not know that Flynn had been convicted for a crime? LOL

You just corroborated my point (in bold) I made in my earlier post

When I challenged your side to defend your nonsense, you failed to do so

See Flynn's thread

Appeals court denies Michael Flynn and Justice Department's effort to end his case
Nope That still, small voice that says: He’s right! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Yup.
debatepolitics.com

In fact, that thread revealed consistently that the conservative Flynn supporters were clueless about the details of the case and were just repeated talking points they read in their fake news media which they could not defend when one started challenging their misconceptions.

Why do you say that now, when a liberal President will soon replace the man who has spent the last four years ruining lives? You worship the man who did everything he could to ruin nearly every liberal American's life. Finally all liberals are going to see their lives get much better with their own kind in the White House.
My view doesn’t change based on who the president is or is not.

I'll let the Reagan appointed* DC district judge explain it to you:

Sullivan even wondered out loud about whether there could have been a charge for treason:

Any of this sinking in yet? Hello? Anybody in there?

*for his first federal bench appointment. He was elevated later by GHW Bush and again by Clinton.
You’re a partisan. You don’t understand the real issue.

Seriously, you did not know that Flynn had been convicted for a crime? LOL,..
Flynn was not convicted. No court found him guilty of anything. He pled out because he lost everything he had and they were next going to target his son. Everyone in America should be appalled by what a corrupt government did to that man.

My view doesn’t change based on who the president is or is not.

If you know Donald Trump is totally evil and do not care at all about that extremely obvious fact, you are just like him and deserve no respect.

If you know Donald Trump is totally evil and do not care at all about that extremely obvious fact, you are just like him and deserve no respect.
Making statements like that is pretty much idiotic. Trump’s not evil. He’s often insulting and buffoonish, but that isn’t being evil.

I’m not and you can’t find one comment I’ve made which refutes that. You are demonstrating that you don’t have the ability to engage in a discussion.
That earns you another

One of the things about you 'wingers is that you think fooling yourselves fools everyone else. Or, put another way: the lies you tell yourselves about who and what you are are even bigger than the lies you tell the sane world

Making statements like that is pretty much idiotic. Trump’s not evil. He’s often insulting and buffoonish, but that isn’t being evil.
You don't think trying to undermine and reverse this election (the whole basis of our democratic republican system) that he clearly and "bigly" lost isn't evil? Try telling us that hilarious whopper again how you're not partisan. The lack of self-awareness you display is stunning.

The Flynn pardon was righteous. His persecution was a low point in American politics
The only thing standing between Flynn and a charge of treason was the Russia's non-classification as an "enemy". But it is certainly arguable that Flynn had betrayed his country as Judge Sullivan stated in noting the other crimes Flynn could have been charged with that were not included in his plea agreement.

"This is a very serious offense,” he said at the hearing. “A high-ranking senior official of the government making false statements to the Federal Bureau of Investigation while on the physical premises of the White House.”

"All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security adviser to the president of the United States,” he said. “Arguably, that undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably, you sold your country out.”

“I’m not hiding my disgust, my distain, for this criminal offense,” he continued.

He was a ****ing russian, MANAFORT KNOWS THIS about 'Russian Diplomats'. HE KNOWS there is no such thing as a russian diplomat who is not a spy. ALL RUSSIAN DIPLOMATS ARE SPIES, THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE. EVEN I know this.

Kilimick wasn't a diplomat. He worked for over a decade as director of IRI, whose chairman was John MCCain.

And you know what else? IT doesn't ****ing matter because ALL that matters is he was a Russian asking for key polling data. What, do you think a Russian asking for polling data wants it for? shits and giggles? The man is a traitor and TRump hires him, and doesn't vet the MFer. This is proof, in a litany of proof, that Trump is incompetent and is a threat to US national security. His hiring of Manafort means he is complicit, Manafort was his campaign manager for Christ's sakes.

If you want to slam Manafort for trusting Russians, thats fine. I don't defend him.

But what does this say about Steele? Or Brennan? Or Schiff? Or Comey? Unlike Manafort or Trump these guys are supposedly intelligence pros.
Yet they were more than happy to use information supplied from a suspected Russian agent to support actions they took.
Who has proven to be a greater security threat?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Here is the salient fact:

Nothing in your rebuttal proves Hillary Clinton had criminal exposure by hiring Fusion GPS to provide her with oppo research.

But look at what you arguing here:
For Trump & associates its what they "should have" known
For Clinton and associates it is penal by nature.

T
he 'russian' was not in contact with GPS or Clinton, nor did the Russian contact know the ultimate destination of the raw intel he or she provided.

Says who? The FBI knew that Russia knew who Steele was working for.[/QUOTE]

Because he lost everything he had. He could no longer defend himself. They set out to ruin his life. This should be frightening to everyone who claims to be liberal or civil libertarian.

Just when did Flynn "lose everything that he had"?

And?? Raw links mean nothing.

The gentleman wanted documentation that Russia had intelligence indicating that the Clinton campaign started the whole Trump/Russia conspiracy theory.

Back
Top Bottom