• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump ordered 15,000 new border and immigration officers — but got thousands of vacancies instead

There are thousands of less stressful jobs that are now available, so why would people be eager to relocate to the border for a job that will only result in their being demonized by activists and not being given the tools (such as a wall, barrier, etc.) to do the job?

My neighbor went to work for ICE here in San Diego. Quit after a couple of weeks because she didn't like what she was seeing.

Trump ordered 15,000 new border and immigration officers — but got thousands of vacancies instead

W7IR3HXZLNBEDLIWFGPRBOFMMM.jpg

In November 2017, the CPB awarded Accenture Federal Services a $297 million contract to vet and hire 7,500 border agents over 5 years. To date, the contract has yielded 33 new hires.

And now Trump demands that Congress fork over $5.7 billion for a "border wall" without any studies on why this funding is needed now and exactly how it will be utilized.

Related: Management Alert — CBP Needs to Address Serious Performance Issues on the Accenture Hiring Contract

I’ll bet he could get illegal immigrants to do it. Solves two problems at once. And why not he uses them at his resorts.

It has taken Mueller going on 3 years and upwards of $50 million dollars to discover that Trump did not collude with Russians, and democrats claim they cannot provide necessary border barriers until the finish trying to figure out why such barriers are necessary and what those barriers might cost. Never mind the slow democrats. If Trump and the republicans can get the project moving without them then let them do it.

Too bad they can't just start enforcing the existing laws against hiring illegals, huh?

If only trump was the head of the branch of government charged with law enforcement, right?

Oh wait.

So get back to me when we try the thing we can start for free tomorrow before you ask me for more money to deal with the problem years from now.

W7IR3HXZLNBEDLIWFGPRBOFMMM.jpg

In November 2017, the CPB awarded Accenture Federal Services a $297 million contract to vet and hire 7,500 border agents over 5 years. To date, the contract has yielded 33 new hires.

And now Trump demands that Congress fork over $5.7 billion for a "border wall" without any studies on why this funding is needed now and exactly how it will be utilized.

Related: Management Alert — CBP Needs to Address Serious Performance Issues on the Accenture Hiring Contract

And how do you feel about this?

<debate forum

So we need my program. Leverage the gig economy with a fine/reward system for identifying illegal employers. They'll turn over every rock. Make the reward fat so that some hotel employee turns in his boss he can afford to look for a new job

That way you only need enough ICE agents to do the actual enforcement.

And the fines should cover a significant amount of the costs involved.

I think your point is they're not, which is clear. My guess is they're failing because of the job description and the pay not matching what the market is demanding.... Seems to be a fairly easy problem to diagnose, unless the market for immigration jobs somehow differs from the market for all other jobs in the world where if you can't find employees for a given job at $X, you raise the offer price to $X + $Y.

The company may be constrained by how the government classifies the job. Doubt the recruiter has the ability to change salary. You raise an interesting point has the compamy gone back and made the suggestion.

First off, they are proving collusion, you can lie all you want. The indictments are piling up

Democrats to dumb followers: 'Be patient. Mueller will prove collusion in the end. We must just be patient. He won't let us down. He cannot let us down. That would be devastating and he would be shamed out of public if he fails.'

Oh, like Begazi anbd emails? How many millions did the republicans spend because of a blow job?

Yeah, your credibility is non-existent

Too bad they can't just start enforcing the existing laws against hiring illegals, huh?

If only trump was the head of the branch of government charged with law enforcement, right?
Oh wait.
So get back to me when we try the thing we can start for free tomorrow before you ask me for more money to deal with the problem years from now.

Are you for encouraging illegals by the train car loads to come into the US however they can and then be refused by law to work for a living?

Yep, we need to create a new government program, staffed with hundreds (perhaps thousands) of (contracted) experts, to study the issue. In order to ensure that the experts are properly vetted we need to select a reputable (contractor) firm to do that extremely important vetting. Before we can hire such a vetting contractor we need a study to determine the the best way to find a qualified vetting contractor.

Several competing, but all having some serious merit, bills to get this very important process started have been assigned to numerous committees in both the House and the Senate. Should any of those bills end up being approved by any one such congressional committee they will be consecutively and subsequently assigned to at least two other congressional committees for further study. Any amendments (including, but not limited to, additions, deletions and/or spelling changes) must be approved by the prior committee before being returned to the altering committee for final approval.

Should any such bill emerge it will be placed in the queue for a Wednesday afternoon floor vote to determine whether it should go back to a randomly selected committee for further study. This process is to ensure that all major campaign contributors, and their assigned lobbyists, have ample opportunity to rewrite portions of this extremely important bill to suit their needs - the public deserves no less from it's elected representatives.

Of course, we may need to do a bipartisan study to determine if the current bill writing, amending and/or approval process is up to the task of generating quality legislation, in a timely manner, which best reduces (or may even eliminate) any major chance of introducing fraud, waste or abuse of the public trust. In the interest of full transparency, which is demanded for such a matter of public interest, all such debate shall be scheduled when CSPAN has ratings above a 2/3 share of that any competing media outlet during the selected time slot.

What Congress won't study is how much of an affect big money donors have on Congressmen and whether that induces Congress to ignore the southern border crisis.

Yep, we need to create a new government program, staffed with hundreds (perhaps thousands) of (contracted) experts, to study the issue. In order to ensure that the experts are properly vetted we need to select a reputable (contractor) firm to do that extremely important vetting. Before we can hire such a vetting contractor we need a study to determine the the best way to find a qualified vetting contractor.

Several competing, but all having some serious merit, bills to get this very important process started have been assigned to numerous committees in both the House and the Senate. Should any of those bills end up being approved by any one such congressional committee they will be consecutively and subsequently assigned to at least two other congressional committees for further study. Any amendments (including, but not limited to, additions, deletions and/or spelling changes) must be approved by the prior committee before being returned to the altering committee for final approval.

Should any such bill emerge it will be placed in the queue for a Wednesday afternoon floor vote to determine whether it should go back to a randomly selected committee for further study. This process is to ensure that all major campaign contributors, and their assigned lobbyists, have ample opportunity to rewrite portions of this extremely important bill to suit their needs - the public deserves no less from it's elected representatives.

Of course, we may need to do a bipartisan study to determine if the current bill writing, amending and/or approval process is up to the task of generating quality legislation, in a timely manner, which best reduces (or may even eliminate) any major chance of introducing fraud, waste or abuse of the public trust. In the interest of full transparency, which is demanded for such a matter of public interest, all such debate shall be scheduled when CSPAN has ratings above a 2/3 share of that any competing media outlet during the selected time slot.

:bravo::good_job::2funny:

Are you for encouraging illegals by the train car loads to come into the US however they can and then be refused by law to work for a living?

History shows the self deport when work dries up.

Why would they come if they can't work?

The only realistic reason why employers have never been addressed is that donors don't want them to be. Because many of them ARE employers. Or they enjoy the general wage depression they cause.

They're NOT going to come here to live in tent cities. They could do that at home, where their friends and family are. Offer a free, no questions asked transportation back to Mexico program and they'll use it.

They're not supposed to he here. Illegals are a legitimate problem that needs to be addressed. And if you want to put them to work, subject their employers to the same rules that apply to Americans, no lower pay for immigrants, so they have to actually compete with Americans rather than lowballing them.

The refugees are a separate issue, but cut the job seekers out of the equation and the refugees will he easier to deal with.

All of this is the cheap and easy and immediate approach. Walls are expensive and difficult and take a long time to build. Those who want government to run like a business should love this idea.

And the fact that neither side wants such a program means it's the one we probably want.

They're Russian.

The only way to know that their russian is to see if any trump official has stated under oath that the company is in fact not russian. At that point, given all the evidence, we can safely assume that they are indeed Russian. For some unknown reason they are all programmed to lie about anything russia related...

History shows the self deport when work dries up.

Why would they come if they can't work?

My point exactly. Democrats are not encouraging illegals to come here to obey American labor or voting laws. Democrats are not that stupid.

My point exactly. Democrats are not encouraging illegals to come here to obey American labor or voting laws. Democrats are not that stupid.

They should be, as the party of the working class.

Why are you covering for criminal American employers of illegals?

You are caught up in the propaganda.

Free your mind! If we don't reject the constant propaganda both sides use on the regular, its gonna end badly.

You'll note that I include both sides on this issue. Its the 20 million pound gorilla in the room that nobody talks about. Which means money doesn't want them to talk about it.

Which means we should make them.

About 10 thousand per agent, not 10 million. At 10 million per agent, $60 million would only get you six. :cool:

You should recheck your math, chief. 300 million dollars for 33 hires. Use a calculator if you need help.

Well, I feel better now....:mrgreen:

He was morally correct so a minor math errror (just a zero, after all) was not important. ;)

I know Trump supporters are dumber than a box of rocks but Jesus Christ guys. 300 million dollars for 33 hires. Feel free to group up with HonestJoe to run over the math again.

What Congress won't study is how much of an affect big money donors have on Congressmen and whether that induces Congress to ignore the southern border crisis.

That requires no study - they know full well who supplies the all important campaign cash and which lobbyists are to be 'consulted' to write 'approved' legislation.

That's about 10 million dollars per border agent. I don't think we've seen this level of corruption In a long time.

These people then expect the taxpayer to fork over many more billions of dollars for a wall there's no plans for. Nobody can say what it will cost per mile, how the wall will be constructed, by whom it will be constructed, or how long it will take. You're not getting showered with free money you can waste until you've first done your homework, GOP.

There will be no wall money from the House and you described a good reason why that is.

You should recheck your math, chief. 300 million dollars for 33 hires. Use a calculator if you need help.
We were talking about the $60.7 million contract for 7,500 posts and on that basis my maths was correct. The apparent failure of that project is a different question.

Democrats to dumb followers: 'Be patient. Mueller will prove collusion in the end. We must just be patient. He won't let us down. He cannot let us down. That would be devastating and he would be shamed out of public if he fails.'

LOL Say a sycophant who fell hook line and sinker for a script cue that Mexico was going to pay for. :lamo

We were talking about the $60.7 million contract for 7,500 posts and on that basis my maths was correct. The apparent failure of that project is a different question.

No, we're not talking about the fantasy bull**** they thought up, we're talking about reality, which is 300 million dollars for 33 hires.

Yeah...what we need is a "study"!

Definitely. If the ****-up for 33 agents costs hundreds of millions, imagine how many ****-ups this dysfunctional administration could finagle with 5.7 billion.

Yep, we need to create a new government program, staffed with hundreds (perhaps thousands) of (contracted) experts, to study the issue.

Since you seem to be an expert, perhaps you can answer a few of everyone's questions. How many miles of "wall"? Construction material is concrete, steel slats, other? How tall and how deep is the wall? How many dollars per mile does it cost? Have prototype's been tested by DHS? Will the test results be made public? Is this project open bidding? Monthly public completion/cost reports by an auditor? Environmental studies? Are there penalties for schedule lapses? For worker injuries? Is the contract paid in tranches subject to inspection and timetables? What corruption safeguards are in place? Will the project contractor be vetted by an independent accounting firm? Subcontractors?

LOL Say a sycophant who fell hook line and sinker for a script cue that Mexico was going to pay for. :lamo

I never bought into the claim that Mexico would pay for the wall just as I have never bought into the claim that democrats oppose the wall for the good of the American people.

I never bought into the claim that Mexico would pay for the wall just as I have never bought into the claim that democrats oppose the wall for the good of the American people.

The mythical"wall" was a script cue made up by Roger Stone to remind Trump to talk about the "immigrant plague". It was never any more real than Trumps claim that Mexico would pay for it or that there is any real "crisis" at our border. You got played. Trump doesn't really have a clue how to defend our border. He really has no knowledge about much of anything.

The mythical"wall" was a script cue made up by Roger Stone to remind Trump to talk about the "immigrant plague". It was never any more real than Trumps claim that Mexico would pay for it or that there is any real "crisis" at our border. You got played. Trump doesn't really have a clue how to defend our border. He really has no knowledge about much of anything.

You claim the only reason the majority of Americans elected Trump on his promise to build border barriers is because those tens of millions of Americans got "played?" You don't have much respect for most Americans, do you? Do you agree with NBC that Americans are "stupid as ****?"

Back
Top Bottom