• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Jr Likely To Be Indicted

Would've preferred to see Trump defeated in a presidential election THEN arrested, but it looks like he won't make it that far

'When you lie with dogs you get fleas'. Kushner may have broken multiple ethics and legal laws like trying to arrange a secret back-channel between Kisylak and himself is only item #1 on Mueller's list of 'no-noes'. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan of Abu Dhabi and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia got into a pissing match over which royal had Kushner deeper in their pocket. Let's not forget that Jared Kushner also was a willing participant in the Tower with Manafort, Don Jr. and the Russians.

What you just described is not a crime. Secret back channels as you put it or nothing more than private communications and common practice by candidates.

Don Jr. is the subject of the Mueller investigation for several reasons, one being the fact that he arranged the Trump Tower meeting with Russians representing the interests of Vladimir Putin in exchange for some 'dirt' on Hillary Clinton. Don Jr. may face criminal charges for lying to Congress, which is a felony. Trump Jr has already come under scrutiny for answers he gave the Senate judiciary committee during an interview in September 2017. When asked if any foreign governments other than Russia’s offered or provided assistance to the Trump campaign, Trump Jr replied: “None that I’m aware of.” Asked if any foreign nationals had done so, he said: “No.”

Even if it's TRUE its next to impossible to convict someone for a faulty memory.

In May this year, the New York Times reported that a representative for the governments of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates offered their assistance in the presidential election during a meeting with Trump Jr in New York in August 2016. A lawyer for Trump Jr confirmed the meeting took place.

`toast`

another noncriminal act that you are describing. You use the word may a lot but other than lying to Congress (which is next to impossible to convict) you have not outlined any crimes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Even if it's TRUE its next to impossible to convict someone for a faulty memory.

It is highly doubtful that if Don Jr Lied to congress it is because he had a 'faulty memory'. If Mueller's team recommend perjury charges I expect they'll have some solid corroborating evidence of such.

Watergate and the Ronnie investigation took 7 years.
Patience darlin
I'm not the one convicting people without evidence of a crime. Thst honor belongs to the anti-trumpers. I'm content to wait as I have been advocating from the start.

Only an embarrassment.
If that's a crime than somebody should send the fbi swat squad to Obama's for one of their now infamous early morning Waco style raids.

Well, that would make sense. I mean, if your goal is to get the guy out of office by any means necessary then it only makes sense to put his kids in legal jeopardy. I mean, if you don't have any other legal way to get the guy out then start hurting the people he loves most. Sure, some people might look at stuff like that as an abuse of power and a horrible violation of civil liberties but if the the end goal is met then who really cares about the means to get there? History is written by the winners, right? The only thing you need to concern yourself with is that you don't lose.

the kids put themselves in legal jeopardy

but of course you are a Trumpet and Trumpets do not take personal responsibility. they are the party of victimization.

Awful creatures.

Lying to Congress after being sworn in is generally considered to be a bad thing.

that's only in real reality, though.

The funny thing is that if these people didn't act like stupid, stupid criminals, they'd have gotten away with everything.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: every single person connected to the Trump administration is William H. Macy's character in Fargo.

Fargo or Shameless?

"All or nothing" isn't a negotiation, it's a demand. Since there were two sides to the "negotiation" that resulted in the shutdown and only one side opted to give a little room to make a deal it was the intractable side that forced the shutdown.
Trump needs to lay it all out on Tuesday. Explain to everyone how we ended up in the shutdown and what he wants to do going forward. He needs to draw a clear picture for the public of the hoax the left and their media sycophants are trying to pull on everyone. He has been way to kind and gentle with them. He needs to lay out the hard truths and force them to defend their positions. As tough as they portray Trump is false he has been way too soft. He needs to go bare knuckles and bloody some noses up.

but of course you are a Trumpet and Trumpets do not take personal responsibility. they are the party of victimization.

Awful creatures.

I've said it before, if Trump committed a crime then put him in jail TODAY. There is no excuse for having a criminal in public office unless you are somehow or other being helped by the criminal activity. The same applies to his kids as they are senior advisers in his administration. If there is a crime then prosecute it right now.

However...

If you've been harping on the "crime" thing for two years and still don't have a crime to hang your hat on it would be the responsible, and reasonable, thing to back off the ranting and raving.

As far as the "awful creatures" thing, that's just further evidence that the hard core left doesn't even think about people that disagree with them as being human. That's fine. Those of us who haven't given in to the hatred will still love you and pray for your salvation.

If you don't your children to be arrested, do not have them commit crimes with you.

It's surprising that this even has to be mentioned. I thought the right was going to have a coronary event when Obama's kid smoked a fatty, but hell, let's lie to congress under oath, and collude with a foreign government, and commit campaign finance fraud, and, well - it's OK. It's not like it's reeeeally a crime.

It is highly doubtful that if Don Jr Lied to congress it is because he had a 'faulty memory'. If Mueller's team recommend perjury charges I expect they'll have some solid corroborating evidence of such.
It's almost impossible to prove and barr will need to convinced he can get a conviction or no reasonable prosecutor would prosecute.

Trump needs to lay it all out on Tuesday. Explain to everyone how we ended up in the shutdown and what he wants to do going forward. He needs to draw a clear picture for the public of the hoax the left and their media sycophants are trying to pull on everyone. He has been way to kind and gentle with them. He needs to lay out the hard truths and force them to defend their positions. As tough as they portray Trump is false he has been way too soft. He needs to go bare knuckles and bloody some noses up.

I spent the last 4 years of the Bush presidency waiting for that to happen. Maybe Trump will. It would certainly be refreshing to see someone come out and call the political class what it is.

Awful creatures.

People are always wondering what is it with trump? How does he attract the base like he does? He plays the victim card all the time, he started his campaign by complaining everything was rigged, setting up his base for any fallout or criticism of trump. He's a victim, they're a victim. Poor guy, all alone in the white house on christmas, boo hoo.

I spent the last 4 years of the Bush presidency waiting for that to happen. Maybe Trump will. It would certainly be refreshing to see someone come out and call the political class what it is.
Trump flirts with it but he has not pulled the trigger yet either. He is much better than Bush who was a human punching bag.

It's almost impossible to prove and barr will need to convinced he can get a conviction or no reasonable prosecutor would prosecute.

I think if Barr is certain of a conviction he'd probably bury it. But you are correct in that if they don't have enough evidence it won't be on the list of charges.

However 'nearly impossible' is a stretch if they can provide corroborating evidence of the details of the meetings that contradict Don Jr's statements; if they have it, then based on that the court only has to decide it doesn't believe Don Jr's assertion that he didn't remember and therefore find that he was lying. After all 'I don't recall' is hardly a reasonable defense these days.

What you just described is not a crime. Secret back channels as you put it or nothing more than private communications and common practice by candidates.

another noncriminal act that you are describing. You use the word may a lot but other than lying to Congress (which is next to impossible to convict) you have not outlined any crimes.

It seems everyone connected to Trump in any way suffers from 'faulty memory syndrome'. When so many lies are told by so many people it's difficult for them to remember which lie they told on which day about what.

That claim was pure, unadulterated, media manufactured bull****.

If you're a "hostage" then your captor isn't giving you a way out. Trump is the only one in the negotiation that was willing to give up any part of his original offer. Chuck and Nancy were the ones who refused to give an inch. They were the ones that held the door closed.

That is so laughably, pathetically dishonest that I'm not sure if the laughable part outweighs the pathetic part or visa versa.

McConnell and Trump own this, there are easily available receipts and nothing you can ever say will change that.

DAMN it must be a cold, miserable place to live in, holding out for the Twump Kamp.

Lying to Congress after being sworn in is generally considered to be a bad thing.

They should ask him about blowjobs. If he lies about that then maybe just maybe... republicans will be outraged. Since conspiring against America doesn't seem to bother them much.

Back
Top Bottom