• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Declares Peace

the divide

Most Everyone living here wants America to succeed. Or we'd not be here.
Most Everyone in America wants America to be leaders of the world, as we have been for about 100 yrs.

So there has to be ground where most can come together and work towards those goals.

It doesn't have to be my way or the highway.

So instead of pitting each side against each other, find out how to reach common agreements.

Is that really a foreign concept today? To you?

2 nobel nominations

he isnt perfect with his foreign policy, by a long shot but ill give him credit for those deals
Any national politician or professor can nominate someone for a Nobel prize, just to name a couple. And they can nominate anyone for any reason. Putin likely has been nominated several times.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Wait! Wut?

You're saying that 2 Arab-Muslim Countries have signed peace deals with Israel over the last 20 years?

What planet are you from?
Those countries have been working toward a deal for the last decade, an effort led by Mossad leadership, not Trump, started before Trump announced he was running.

The UAE and Bahrain have been friendly with the US for decades. We use those as liberty ports in Middle East, have a Navy base in Bahrain in fact. They arent hostile.

Kosovo, Serbia, Israel, UAE and Bahrain have all entered into peace agreements with long time adversaries.

Something seems different in the world.

I wonder if there is a single connecting thread driving these changes.

I wonder...

I wonder when any of them were at war.

so you dont have to do anything for the nobel peace prize but obama did do something

interesting...

I don’t know if he did or not. I know that it kills Trump and his supporters that Obama won it and Trump never will. It’s just funny.

America 1st.
How about Peace in America?

The President is recommending a solution. When the governors invite the help, it arrives quickly and decisively.

The state governors have the ability to invite the President to help by applying the power of the Federal Government.

Legally, the president is barred from imposing his help without invitation. However, when invited, the problems seem to go away pretty quickly in the face of the assertive enforcement of law.

That's the way it is.

ah, the USA only "abandoned" it while iran, in response, "broke" the agreement

Obviously, I need to spell this out.

The US was only one of the signatories to this sham. All of the others were still committed and obligated to follow the terms of the agreement.

The US dropped out because the Iranians were cheating on the deal.

however, the Iranians were STILL obligated to maintain the agreement. They, of course, never intended to follow the spirit of the agreement and never did.

Are you REALLY unaware of this?

Six world powers adopt nuclear deal with Iran - The Jerusalem Post

Those countries have been working toward a deal for the last decade, an effort led by Mossad leadership, not Trump, started before Trump announced he was running.

The UAE and Bahrain have been friendly with the US for decades. We use those as liberty ports in Middle East, have a Navy base in Bahrain in fact. They arent hostile.

The agreements were not made with the US.

The agreements were made with Israel.

I wonder when any of them were at war.

Probably just peace deals brokered by Obama that were not signed until he was a forgotten, and even less influential, actor on the world stage.

The deals, deals that would have put Obama on Mount Rushmore, were to "normalize relations".

As I recall, Carter got one, Clinton got one and now Trump has gotten two and the final count is not in yet for his efforts.

If this was easy, someone else would have done it. It's not. The President is the right man at the right time using the right methods to get the right results.

Last edited:
He also declared the gop healthcare plan would be announced august first. Luckily he didn't say what year.

The agreements were not made with the US.

The agreements were made with Israel.
Read the top paragraph. We are friends with all 3 countries. Israel looked at our friendships with those two countries and the hostility of those countries with Iran and realized they could forge diplomatic relationships with those countries, strengthen relations because of our friendly ties, and the only conflict between them has to do with the West Bank. This started 10 years ago, with no input from Trump or anyone really from the US. The US is seen as a facilitator for this because of our known strength and position. It does not matter who the President is here. Additionally, it was the UAE ambassador who suggested using a deal involving Israel halting expansion into the West Bank region and expediting planned formalization of diplomatic relations that led to the timing of this deal. Those countries in the Middle east realized it would also help Trump, whom they support.

Obviously, I need to spell this out.

The US was only one of the signatories to this sham. All of the others were still committed and obligated to follow the terms of the agreement.

The US dropped out because the Iranians were cheating on the deal.

however, the Iranians were STILL obligated to maintain the agreement. They, of course, never intended to follow the spirit of the agreement and never did.

Are you REALLY unaware of this?

Six world powers adopt nuclear deal with Iran - The Jerusalem Post

thank you for taking the time to spell out your (mis)understanding of the iran agreement

it tells us that you would like to pretend that agreement would have been executed by iran had the USA not been a signatory to it

as the USA is the country which initiated the sanctions that brought the parties to the table, the USA participation was essential. its participation was explicit, as can be seen from its execution of the document

when the USA unilaterally abrogated that contract, it was no longer binding on any party - including iran

which make your following sentence very wrong:
All of the others were still committed and obligated to follow the terms of the agreement.

you are also wrong that iran was not complying with its obligations under the multi-nation agreement. tRump even signed a statement affirming iran's compliance

here, read it for yourself:
The Trump administration said Monday that it has certified to Congress that Iran is still complying with the terms of the 2015 nuclear deal, but it also promised to impose new sanctions on the country over its ballistic missile program and other alleged misbehavior. ...
Trump administration certifies Iran still complying with nuclear deal - POLITICO

The President is recommending a solution. When the governors invite the help, it arrives quickly and decisively.

The state governors have the ability to invite the President to help by applying the power of the Federal Government.

Legally, the president is barred from imposing his help without invitation. However, when invited, the problems seem to go away pretty quickly in the face of the assertive enforcement of law.

That's the way it is.

Stop the division. That would be the best and most positive step the president can do.
Unite America. Make America Great Again.

Kosovo, Serbia, Israel, UAE and Bahrain have all entered into peace agreements with long time adversaries.

Something seems different in the world.

I wonder if there is a single connecting thread driving these changes.

I wonder...

It's Trump. That's what it is. He has taken the world into his large, strong hands and breathed his vision of peace and brotherly love onto it and slowly but inexorably the world is starting to abandon it's fractious, warlike past and embrace Trumpism. Trump is literally saving the world from itself. Just relax, fold your hands in your lap and smile while it happens.

Neither the UAE nor Bahrain have exactly been at war with Israel. And they have moved towards normalization for quite some time.

Read the top paragraph. We are friends with all 3 countries. Israel looked at our friendships with those two countries and the hostility of those countries with Iran and realized they could forge diplomatic relationships with those countries, strengthen relations because of our friendly ties, and the only conflict between them has to do with the West Bank. This started 10 years ago, with no input from Trump or anyone really from the US. The US is seen as a facilitator for this because of our known strength and position. It does not matter who the President is here. Additionally, it was the UAE ambassador who suggested using a deal involving Israel halting expansion into the West Bank region and expediting planned formalization of diplomatic relations that led to the timing of this deal. Those countries in the Middle east realized it would also help Trump, whom they support.

So you agree, then, that the Trump Administration saw the opportunity and took advantage of it.

First Middle East Peace Deal in 26 years.

How or why you are laboring to dismiss the role of the President and his agents in this is mysterious.

thank you for taking the time to spell out your (mis)understanding of the iran agreement

it tells us that you would like to pretend that agreement would have been executed by iran had the USA not been a signatory to it

as the USA is the country which initiated the sanctions that brought the parties to the table, the USA participation was essential. its participation was explicit, as can be seen from its execution of the document

when the USA unilaterally abrogated that contract, it was no longer binding on any party - including iran

which make your following sentence very wrong:

you are also wrong that iran was not complying with its obligations under the multi-nation agreement. tRump even signed a statement affirming iran's compliance

here, read it for yourself:

Trump administration certifies Iran still complying with nuclear deal - POLITICO

Why would the abrogation by the US relieve the obligation of any of the others? Was that a clause in the agreement?

The verification process was a sham.

The goal of the Obama dupes was to get an agreement no matter how bad and useless it might have been. The accomplished their goal.

So you agree, then, that the Trump Administration saw the opportunity and took advantage of it.

First Middle East Peace Deal in 26 years.

How or why you are laboring to dismiss the role of the President and his agents in this is mysterious.
Because they didnt do anything. They took what they were being given, did not do any work but then presume to take the accolades. It wasn't even a US persons idea to use diplomatic relations to possibly stop (at least temporarily) plans by Israel to take over portions of the West Bank. That idea was the UAE Ambassador to the US.

I've never agreed with those who simply observe or hold some honorary or symbolic mediator or supervisory position getting credit for the actual work. If someone were to put up the Mossad leader and/or the UAE Ambassador, I'd agree that they at least deserve the credit (I dont necessarily agree they should get the award just for this, although the Mossad leader may for all the work he is said to have put into establishing these relations over the last decade). But Trump did not do anything of significance within these agreements. He was pretty much a placeholder. There is little doubt that this agreement would have been reached without Trump.

Stop the division. That would be the best and most positive step the president can do.
Unite America. Make America Great Again.

THAT is exactly what the President is doing.

When the idiots running the states into the ground do their destructive work by enabling the bad elements, the President warns of it. He's asking that the Governors protect the people and he's offering help to get the job(s) done.

The division is created and promoted by the Leftists in the country.

It's Trump. That's what it is. He has taken the world into his large, strong hands and breathed his vision of peace and brotherly love onto it and slowly but inexorably the world is starting to abandon it's fractious, warlike past and embrace Trumpism. Trump is literally saving the world from itself. Just relax, fold your hands in your lap and smile while it happens.

Stated accurately and perfectly!

Neither the UAE nor Bahrain have exactly been at war with Israel. And they have moved towards normalization for quite some time.

Never actually got there, though, before the Trump Administration moved the deals forward.

Never actually got there, though, before the Trump Administration moved the deals forward.

It's more the Saudis moving in the background than Trump. The Saudis can't normalize their relations with Israel themselves, but they need an easy way to conduct business with one of their most important strategic allies in the region, so their little vassals in the Gulf will do it instead, and become intermediaries for the Saudis.

Awww, someone is having trouble coming to grips with Trump winning.

What are you gripping while you think about Trump winning a Nobel Prize, Alphie?

Back
Top Bottom