• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Called Out for Hidden Coke Bottle After Announcing Coca-Cola Boycott

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump Called Out for Hidden Coke Bottle After Announcing Coca-Cola Boycott

EyPQT1-W8AUOEU4

4/5/21
Talk about awkward. Former President Donald Trump got ridiculed on Monday for hiding his beloved Diet Coke bottle in a photo op just days after he called for a boycott of Coca-Cola over Georgia voting rights. Stephen Miller, Trump's former senior White House adviser, posted the photo of Trump sitting at his desk at Mar-a-Lago with the Coke bottle hiding behind the phone. "Just has (sic) a terrific meeting with President Trump!" tweeted Miller. Twitter being Twitter, numerous people zoomed and identified the glass Diet Coke bottle, which the former ex-president is notorious for having an obsession about, so much so that he even had a Diet Coke call button in the oval office during his tenure. "He's hiding his Diet Coke bottle behind the phone a day after telling everyone to boycott Coca-Cola!" tweeted Josh Billinson.

Trump: "Do as I say you stupid peons, not as I do."

Gosh, this is exciting news. If the bottle can be seen in the photo, it's not very well hidden, is it?

In such a photograph, having any soda bottle or coffee cup is maybe a little tacky. If others agree, I am prepared to become dreadfully upset.

To be fair to Trump all of the culture war "boycotts" are just angry people flailing around. It really isn't meant to accomplish anything.

This passes for news at MSN? I guess it's impossible that they'd already been purchased the previous week. Everyone knows habitual consumers of a product buy them on a day-to-day basis, especially around a holiday weekend.
Yeah, I mean, its not like he wore a tan suit....

I used to drink a lot of Diet Coke, its not at all good for you. I switched to seltzer water. Tip: buy the sugar free Red Bull-like syrup for the Soda Stream, but just put a few squirts in a can of seltzer....and you have a very cheap Red Bull without having to buy the expensive Soda Stream machine.

This thread goes a long way in showing how politicians **** up everything, and why we cannot have nice things.

He will likely assert that was from his pre-boycott stash, thus was grandfathered in. ;)

That would be PERFECT. For sure, his residence, being a place of business, would never discard the Coke or decline to make it available to those who may not be boycotting it. Except, he is supposed to be boycotting it. But we are all familiar with the worth of his word.

This passes for news at MSN? I guess it's impossible that they'd already been purchased the previous week. Everyone knows habitual consumers of a product buy them on a day-to-day basis, especially around a holiday weekend.
This passes for news more so than your post passes for logic. Trump calls for a boycott but if his crew bought some last week, he should go ahead and drink it in public. Because there is nothing that proves your dedication to a boycott when you are a world leader than continuing to use the product because you have a storage room full of it.

This passes for news more so than your post passes for logic. Trump calls for a boycott but if his crew bought some last week, he should go ahead and drink it in public. Because there is nothing that proves your dedication to a boycott when you are a world leader than continuing to use the product because you have a storage room full of it.

Trump has his supporters so enraptured and his allies so fear stricken that none of them will call him out on failing them. He cannot be wrong.

A boycott is a tool to financially impact a business. Products already purchased aren't going to affect that one way or another. Presumably we can all agree that it's highly probable Trump's suddenly famous bottle of coke had been purchased beforehand, yes? So what you're talking about - and what this 'news' article is all about - is simply virtue signalling. God forbid he still be drinking it the day after calling for a boycott!

What makes you suggest that he has a "storage room full of it," out of interest? If there were evidence that he'd asked his staff to stock up before calling for a boycott (or of course if they were still buying it on an ongoing basis) that might be fourth- or fifth-page newsworthy, I suppose :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom