• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Called Out for Hidden Coke Bottle After Announcing Coca-Cola Boycott

You've hinted at "a storage room full of it" and now explicitly declaring that Trump won't boycott it. Either of those may well be the case, but I'm puzzled as to where you're getting this information from? For all I know (and pretty sure for all anyone else here knows too), they simply had the week's supply available and it'd be pointless to avoid using it. Saying that he's still "publicly" using it seems to be another figment of imagination, considering this bottle was spotted tucked away in the fine detail of a photo tweeted on a private citizen's account. And of course it makes a difference if it was bought last week, unless you don't understand what a boycott is; as I explained, it is a tool of financial influence against companies - not some kind of 'moral influence' or principle - meaning that what is done with products already bought is pretty much irrelevant to the boycott's function.

Unless and until we learn that Trump explicitly had his staff stock up before promoting the boycott, or is still buying coke on an ongoing basis (which frankly would still be second-rate news at best) the only newsworthy thing I can see here is a bunch of partisan folk making much ado about nothing.
I think you might be taking this a tad too seriously.

I think the point is trump at no point intended to stop drinking diet coke.

He's just saying things appropriate for his character to say.

So again, that's what passes for news at MSN? Speculation that maybe he wasn't going to personally boycott the product?

I think you might be taking this a tad too seriously.

Maybe :LOL: But if so what does that say about folk who feel the need to start or like a thread about it on an international political debate forum, with careful bolding of the most 'important' information and helpful closed-captioning of Trump's thought process?

So again, that's what passes for news at MSN? Speculation that maybe he wasn't going to personally boycott the product?

Maybe :LOL: But if so what does that say about folk who feel the need to start or like a thread about it on an international political debate forum, with careful bolding of the most 'important' information and helpful closed-captioning of Trump's thought process?
It was just some humor. He got busted for trying to hide his Diet Coke. Not worth a lot of deep thought in my book.

It was just some humor. He got busted for trying to hide his Diet Coke. Not worth a lot of deep thought in my book.

If it were meant to be "hidden" it would've been on the floor behind the big, solid desk (or maybe comfortably nestled in his crotch like any sensible person would do!). It's either out of the way less likely to be bumped, or as Nota bene suggested a little too tacky to have front and center in a staged photo, or maybe even left half visible in the certain knowledge that there would indeed be plenty of people willing to make themselves look silly getting worked up over a coke bottle. (And then of course there's those folk who get worked up over other people getting worked up over a coke bottle :sneaky: )

If it were meant to be "hidden" it would've been on the floor behind the big, solid desk (or maybe comfortably nestled in his crotch like any sensible person would do!). It's either out of the way less likely to be bumped, or as Nota bene suggested a little too tacky to have front and center in a staged photo, or maybe even left half visible in the certain knowledge that there would indeed be plenty of people willing to make themselves look silly getting worked up over a coke bottle. (And then of course there's those folk who get worked up over other people getting worked up over a coke bottle :sneaky: )
How can someone from another country, another continent, no less, be so loyally dedicated to defending the ex-President of America? It's amazing.

How can someone from another country, another continent, no less, be so loyally dedicated to defending the ex-President of America? It's amazing.

How can otherwise intelligent people not spot the difference between valid criticisms (of which there are plenty) and trite nitpicking/rampant speculation such as this? I had to look up the reference, but as someone suggested earlier in this thread by all appearances it's on about the same intellectual level as the tan suit thing. And trying to turn it into a "you're either with us on this or loyally dedicated to him" kind of thing as several folk have done somehow brings it even lower.

Me too. Problem is he refuses to fade away into obscurity. To this day he's still out there playing politics and trying to influence things, such as appearing on right-wing media and calling for boycotts.

Then avoiding reading about him or listening to him should be very easy. It has been for me.

well we still make jokes about Mussolini, so there is that ;)

That's amazing. I've never heard a Mussolini joke in my entire lifetime. Of course, I also can't imagine anything funny about him either. Does he have some current relevance? Modern wannabes?

That's amazing. I've never heard a Mussolini joke in my entire lifetime. Of course, I also can't imagine anything funny about him either. Does he have some current relevance? Modern wannabes?
modern wannabees? yup, Trump.

Trump Called Out for Hidden Coke Bottle After Announcing Coca-Cola Boycott

EyPQT1-W8AUOEU4

Trump: "Do as I say you stupid peons, not as I do."
1617768875111.png

You are way too invested.

You are way too invested.

In online debate? Probably, it's one of my major hobbies, even eclipsing most blokes' all-time favourite ;) But in Trump? See the post after that one, that trying to turn this trite nitpicking/rampant speculation into a "you're either with us on this or loyally dedicated to him" kind of thing somehow manages to bring it even lower than stuff like the 'tan suit' nonsense.

Edit: Look, I'm not some kind of professional analyst or anything so I've been hesitant to advance this theory without a clear opening, but y'all know that this began with alleged voter suppression laws, particularly in Georgia, right? These were indeed unfounded, so let's reasonably suppose that they are also racist/illegitimate. Next stop was some companies signalling their avoidance of Georgia; purely for financial reasons, you understand, a bunch of free publicity and the appearance of being 'responsible companies' to growing demographics. Then (I'm not certain on the timelines, wasn't following beyond the occasional DP thread) there was Mitch McConnell criticising those companies' decisions and/or the Republican/Trump boycott of them. And now the big 'revelation' of a possibly-coke bottle in a photo of Trump!

But surely we all understand that even among those who still identify as Republicans, there's that 20-40% who recognize that Biden won fair and square, that there was no widespread election fraud, who hate the racist image the GOP is accumulating and perhaps who view voting as not only a right but perhaps even a civic responsibility. Yes? Even if they only tick one or two of those bullet points, how are those folk going to be sold on voter suppression laws in a political climate where their justification rests primarily on an obvious lie?

But if the headlines are Mitch McConnell's hypocrisy in accepting corporate donations while denouncing corporate decision-making... who cares? If that is the issue around which partisan lines were to be drawn, even those who dismiss McConnell as a hypocrite aren't likely to ditch the party over it, as they might over voter suppression across numerous state legislatures.

And if the headlines are a Diet Coke bottle on Trump's desk? It's a slim possibility, but I think a distinct one, that for all his faults as a person Trump is a shrewd politician and has regularly used outrage over some action with the left hand to distract from the right and even (his particular genius) make his base revile the excesses of his enemies' attacks on that almost-innocuous left-handed action.

Last edited:
In online debate? Probably, it's one of my major hobbies, even eclipsing most blokes' all-time favourite ;) But in Trump? See the post after that one, that trying to turn this trite nitpicking/rampant speculation into a "you're either with us on this or loyally dedicated to him" kind of thing somehow manages to bring it even lower than stuff like the 'tan suit' nonsense.
You're repeating yourself.

The TDS epidemic continues. LOL!

Do I need to explain "hidden" vs "not hidden" to you?

And should I be becoming upset now?
If we can see the bottle its not hidden. Do you not see thee hypocrisy of telling people to boycott Coke while he is drinking a bottle of it and tried to hide it (poorly) on the desk, but wants others to be outraged by their defense of voting rights? The GOP claim to be outraged by supposed cancel culture, but only until they are doing it. Thee GOP is now Monty Python-esque in their clumsiness and hypocrisy but you are still adamantly defending them. Where is your limit that you will not defend Trump and the GOP?

And I can't tell you why anti-Trump voters remain obsessed over this former President.
He put himself out there when he made that comment and h still very much involved in conservative politics, or did that escape you? Is that supposed to be ignored?

Pepsi is crap, or at least it used to be when I was still a coke addict (coke as in the drink, I never used illegal drugs of any kind, not even pot). I used to drink gallons of the stuff during a weekend, two gallons at least (while working behind the bar for 30 hours a weekend).

I stopped cold turkey when I got horrendously sick during a weekend trip to Spa Francorchamps to see the grand prix of motorcycles. We camped in a tent and I never got to see one minute of the races because I was having another race going, the race to visit the toilet for having stomach (and lower down) problems from having drunk about 5 gallons or so of coca cola in about 36 hours. I went to a club that night with a whole bunch of hard rock friends who drank loads of alcohol and I paid in just as much as the rest of them so I kept up the same speed with my coca cola's as they did with their beers. It was a terrible idea and as I had no water but just coke to drink that weekend, I drank gallons of the stuff and got so sick from it and never drank it again.

But there was one truth during that time, no coke was even close to that of coca cola.
I don't care about coke or Pepsi, but you went to Spa-Francochamps?
As someone who raced sports cars and lower level formula cars in thee past that circuit and the 14 mile old course is about as close as there is to sacred ground for an atheist. Just once I want to stand at La Souce and be able to look down both straights to see Blancemont on the right and Eau Rouge and Raidillion on the left.

Last edited:
Its just funny because it speaks to his shallow convictions.

If we can see the bottle its not hidden. Do you not see thee hypocrisy of telling people to boycott Coke while he is drinking a bottle of it and tried to hide it (poorly) on the desk, but wants others to be outraged by their defense of voting rights? The GOP claim to be outraged by supposed cancel culture, but only until they are doing it. Thee GOP is now Monty Python-esque in their clumsiness and hypocrisy but you are still adamantly defending them. Where is your limit that you will not defend Trump and the GOP?

I've never even mentioned the GOP. :rolleyes:

C'mon, we all know trump does exactly what he wants to do and lies like others breathe.

He just says stuff too.

Like he said boycott Coke. And only drinks diet Coke.

I don't believe for a second he ever intended to deprive himself.

He never does.

Back
Top Bottom