• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump approval ratings remain high, baffling liberals.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 47% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-one percent (51%) disapprove.

These are the same numbers as Obama despite the fact that most of the MSM had chipped their teeth on Obama's zipper.

Some of those 47% who approve of Trump's job performance are the ones who recently expressed the belief that Trump has the power and authority to fire Nancy Pelosi. :shock:

After the number the press has pulled on Trump it is amazing that he is still in the upper 40's. It's also a sign people are tuning them out. Even the latest YouGov poll had him just a couple of points lower than Rasmussen. But the anti Trumplings are too dishonest to recognize that point.

What I did find interesting in the latest polling is the Approval of Congress since Democrats took over the House and this fighting about not wanting to provide money for the needed fencing and over all border security.. The lastest polling from You Gov has Congress with 8 point approval. :lol: It has skid from the teens to now a single digit while Trump's polling remains stable.

The Dems just took the House an hour ago. That poll was conducted with the GOP in charge. Care to try again ?

I have to say it is baffling that anyone with a sense of decency could approve of Donald Trump as president.

The have offered over 1 Billion dollars for border security.....That is enough for now...Take it or leave it...Your "kind" ain;t getting a wall

You people are just too funny. Trump will not budge without the boarder funding and he thrives off the negative coverage. I really think the dems and neo con cucks will cave before Trump does.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 47% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-one percent (51%) disapprove.

These are the same numbers as Obama despite the fact that most of the MSM had chipped their teeth on Obama's zipper.

"remain high" is a laughable characterization. They in fact remain low.

I have to say it is baffling that anyone with a sense of decency could approve of Donald Trump as president.

Trump the man is a douche.

Trumps policies, specifically the increase in defense spending, has been a boom for my local economy. More local businesses are opening. The cities are fixing roads and renovating parks. Those policies and the positive results have my approval.

Trump directly communicates with the American People, which INFURIATES THE LEFT, and dulls the attacks of the glaringly biased Fake News/Lying Left.

What I did find interesting in the latest polling is the Approval of Congress since Democrats took over the House and this fighting about not wanting to provide money for the needed fencing and over all border security.. The lastest polling from You Gov has Congress with 8 point approval. :lol: It has skid from the teens to now a single digit while Trump's polling remains stable.

I was looking at the polls expecting to agree with you, but the numbers don’t really support that at all. The numbers as a whole haven’t really gone down at all. And the one poll that did, economist/you gov spent 26 weeks of Trump’s presidency at the 9% it is now or lower. It spent a full 70% of Trump’s presidency at 11% or lower. True it did reach 16% in October, although the rest of the polls didn’t show any movement, but that doesn’t reflect what it was showing most of the last two years.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/congressional_job_approval-903.html

No more surprising than the mental contortions it takes to justify voting for him in the first place.

Kinda baffles me too and I'm not a liberal :shrug:

I was looking at the polls expecting to agree with you, but the numbers don’t really support that at all. The numbers as a whole haven’t really gone down at all. And the one poll that did, economist/you gov spent 26 weeks of Trump’s presidency at the 9% it is now or lower. It spent a full 70% of Trump’s presidency at 11% or lower. True it did reach 16% in October, although the rest of the polls didn’t show any movement, but that doesn’t reflect what it was showing most of the last two years.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/congressional_job_approval-903.html
Does not the latest YouGov poll show approval of Congress at 8%? The answer is yes. That is the lowest to date. The poll was taken 12/30 - 1/1
Does not the latest YouGov poll show Trump's approval at 45% just two points down from the Rasmussen poll taken about the same time? The answer is yes.

Does not the latest YouGov poll show Trump's approval at 45% just two points down from the Rasmussen poll taken about the same time? The answer is yes.

Where’s their latest poll? Their site shows him at 37%.

Does not the latest YouGov poll show approval of Congress at 8%? The answer is yes. That is the lowest to date. The poll was taken 12/30 - 1/1

It does as I said. But what neither the aggregation of polls, or yougov itself shows is decline in Congressional approval rating from the first two years of Trump’s term to now as you claimed.

The aggregation of polls actually shows it at about its highest point the last year and the yougov poll is sitting right where it did for much of Trump’s presidency so far.

And

They brag when the most rightwinging poll is at a mere 47% approval and call that number "high".

yard.
Higher than Obama at similar point!

At this point Democrats had just had their famous "shellacking". Their approval was low. Show me where they were desperate enough to lie and call it "high".

No, Trump's approval numbers do not stay "high". They are still under 50% even for the most right leaning national survey company in the U.S.

47% on the highest with a 42.6% average at Real Clear Politics.

Not high.

So here you start a thread to draw attention to how low Trump's numbers are. And to draw extra attention to it, you call them "high", guaranteeing that we'll notice how low they are.

Curious.

GOP retains House according to Ras, baffling people who are in touch with reality.

What you might expect from the one and only election eve national poll that picked Romney over Obama.

Hmmm ... just as I suspected. I wrote my previous post before I was able to find the RCP average for this point in Obama's administration. I have found it now.

As noted, Democrats had just had their shellacking. Yet, as low as Obama's approval numbers were at this point in his presidency, they were in fact higher than Trump's.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

His RCP approval average for January 3, 2011 was 46.5%. Disapproval 48.0%.

Compared to Trump's having a 47% only on the highest poll, with an average approval of 42.6%. Disapproval 52.3%.

No, Trump's approval ratings do not remain "high". And no they're not higher than Obama's were at this point in his presidency. Unless you're talking about your one single rightleaning poll, and I'll have to take your word on that.

:lol: Rassmussen. The poll that only calls land lines.

Methodology - Rasmussen Reports

All Rasmussen Reports' survey questions are digitally recorded and fed to a calling program that determines question order, branching options, and other factors. Calls are placed to randomly-selected phone numbers through a process that ensures appropriate geographic representation. Typically, calls are placed from 5 pm to 9 pm local time during the week. Saturday calls are made from 11 am to 6 pm local time and Sunday calls from 1 pm to 9 pm local time.

To reach those who have abandoned traditional landline telephones, Rasmussen Reports uses an online survey tool to interview randomly selected participants from a demographically diverse panel.​

They are basically polling old people only who are the only ones with a usable landline. The only people I know that have a landline that aren't 70+ have it but don't ever answer it because it is used for an old fax machine or they get a discount for their DSL for having it or something obscure like that.

Last edited:
Hmm

As noted, Democrats had just had their shellacking. Yet, as low as Obama's approval numbers were at this point in his presidency, they were in fact higher than Trump's.

at.

#SPINDOCTOR
Obama's numbers were below 47 for almost all his Presidency.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

They were high in the beginning when nobody knew much about him.
And they were high near the end when people were glad to see him go. LAFFRIOT!

Last edited:
fiverthirtyeight.com has poll averaging (which I believe includes the Rasmussen's).

He's been hovering around 41% for a while. That's pretty low. If the stock market continues to tank, his government shutdown continues to stall and Mueller starts getting closer to the inner circle of the White House, I expect to see mid 30s in a couple months.

Obama's numbers were below 47 for almost all his Presidency.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

They were high in the beginning when nobody knew much about him.
And they were high near the end when people were glad to see him go. LAFFRIOT!

At your link, Obama's Gallup approval rating for this point of his presidency was 48%. Trump is at 40% at Gallup.

There's no way to slice this at Trump's approval numbers being high.

Higher than they should be if Republicans held Trump to the same standard as they held Obama. But still not high.

You can cherry pick a poll such as Rasmussen and you might get a snapshot with Trump having higher numbers than Obama. But on average, Obama's numbers were higher than Trump at this point in their presidencies. And Gallup had Obama higher than Trump at this point in their presidencies.

And Trump is down to 46% on Rasmussen today.

That's not high. And it still doesn't make sense for you to start a thread drawing attention to the fact that Trump is so far underwater even on his favorite poll.

:lol: Rassmussen. The poll that only calls land lines.

Methodology - Rasmussen Reports

All Rasmussen Reports' survey questions are digitally recorded and fed to a calling program that determines question order, branching options, and other factors. Calls are placed to randomly-selected phone numbers through a process that ensures appropriate geographic representation. Typically, calls are placed from 5 pm to 9 pm local time during the week. Saturday calls are made from 11 am to 6 pm local time and Sunday calls from 1 pm to 9 pm local time.

To reach those who have abandoned traditional landline telephones, Rasmussen Reports uses an online survey tool to interview randomly selected participants from a demographically diverse panel.​

They are basically polling old people only who are the only ones with a usable landline. The only people I know that have a landline that aren't 70+ have it but don't ever answer it because it is used for an old fax machine or they get a discount for their DSL for having it or something obscure like that.

"The poll that only calls land lines."
#SNICKER#GUFFAW you do realize you contradicted yourself,right?

"To reach those who have abandoned traditional landline telephones[/B], Rasmussen Reports uses an online survey tool to interview randomly selected participants from a demographically diverse panel"

#LAFFRIOT

"The poll that only calls land lines."
#SNICKER#GUFFAW you do realize you contradicted yourself,right?

"To reach those who have abandoned traditional landline telephones[/B], Rasmussen Reports uses an online survey tool to interview randomly selected participants from a demographically diverse panel"

#LAFFRIOT

Notice how they don't show how much they pull off the online survey tool. They just say they have one. Not to mention how they are always the worst poll results proving they are heavy on the land-lines. #gullableashell

Back
Top Bottom