• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump approval ratings remain high, baffling liberals.

fiverthirtyeight.com has poll averaging (which I believe includes the Rasmussen's).

He's been hovering around 41% for a while. That's pretty low. If the stock market continues to tank, his government shutdown continues to stall and Mueller starts getting closer to the inner circle of the White House, I expect to see mid 30s in a couple months.

And it wouldn't be over 40% if Rassmussen wasn't skewing the average higher with their phony results. :lol:

The Dems took over the House less than three hours ago.

Instant polling?

The Democrats took over the House 2 hours and 47 minutes ago.

Things move quickly in 2019!
The election took place in November. Knowing that the Democrats would be taking over the House, Trump has been dealing with Pelosi and Schumer for weeks over funding for the border.
Pelosi and Schumer have been non stop in the press stating there would be no money for the wall even though those who are in charge of securing the border say in places it is really needed.
Evidently those being polled aren't impressed.

So it was a pre-poll?

The truth is you cannot take anything Trump says at face value. That is how he has been his entire business career.

What is amazing though is despite this well-known fact, people still believe him!

He is the ultimate huckster however you cannot deny his influence and power. He has the ability to say something into existence.

Instant polling?

Things move quickly in 2019!

So it was a pre-poll?

I don't know why you anti Trumpers continue to make such a big deal out of this. Is it not a fact that since the election in Nov. 2018 when it became obvious that the Democrats would regain the House and that Trump has been seeking funding for border security for DHS and has been talking to the Democratic leadership on multiple occasions.? The answer is yes.

And has not Pelosi and Schumer turned into media whores claiming they would not fund the wall or barriers or whatever you call them? The answer is yes. A lot of this politicall crap had to do with Pelosi being elected Speaker. She would not have had the votes unless they got some in her own party to change their no vote to "present" This political ploy to appease the far left in her party has been going on for three weeks prior to the YouGov poll. Those polled no doubt were influenced by what just recently has transpired and it is reflected in the polling while other polling shows an increase in the support for some kind of barrier where it is needed.

When you had Pelosi declaring a wall is immoral just yesterday, I look to see the support for such barriers increase even more in the coming days. I was glad to see President Trump take it to the people yesterday and today and I hope he continues to do so. When you have those who are in charge of securing the border say they need to replace old barriers and build new ones in certain locations then it is time for Congress to get their **** together and do something. The latest numbers out of DHS of the numbers pouring across our borders is down right obscene.

So you don't think this latest poll from YouGov has anything to do with the actions of Pelosi and Schumer for the last three weeks? We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom