• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump abruptly ends NPR interview after he is pressed on baseless election fraud claims

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
First off, I'm shocked that DJT even held a phone interview with NPR. Did he actually think that he'd pursued interviewer Inskeep that there was election fraud 2020 that cost him the presidency rather than the fact that he, himself, based on his insane performance during his 1st term lost the election? However, keeping with his toddler ego, he prematurely hung up. What are the odds that this interview converted listeners over to his bs belief? If anything, it did allow him to plug Kari Lake a gubernatorial candidate in Arizona.

1642017538410.png
Trump hung up on “Morning Edition” host Steve Inskeep nine minutes into what NPR said was scheduled to be a 15-minute interview that was broadcast Wednesday.

After several lines of questioning related to Trump’s widely debunked election claims, Inskeep asked Trump whether he would endorse only Republican candidates this year who are pressing his case that the 2020 contest against Joe Biden was stolen from him.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, I have one more question,” Inskeep said, adding that he wanted to talk about a court hearing related to the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the Capitol.

LOL love it.

But hey - props where it is due. At least Trump agreed to talk to NPR. (however briefly)

First off, I'm shocked that DJT even held a phone interview with NPR. Did he actually think that he'd pursued interviewer Inskeep that there was election fraud 2020 that cost him the presidency rather than the fact that he, himself, based on his insane performance during his 1st term lost the election? However, keeping with his toddler ego, he prematurely hung up. What are the odds that this interview converted listeners over to his bs belief? If anything, it did allow him to plug Kari Lake a gubernatorial candidate in Arizona.

View attachment 67368881
Trump hung up on “Morning Edition” host Steve Inskeep nine minutes into what NPR said was scheduled to be a 15-minute interview that was broadcast Wednesday.

After several lines of questioning related to Trump’s widely debunked election claims, Inskeep asked Trump whether he would endorse only Republican candidates this year who are pressing his case that the 2020 contest against Joe Biden was stolen from him.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, I have one more question,” Inskeep said, adding that he wanted to talk about a court hearing related to the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the Capitol.
That is NOT a surprise at all.
The REAL head-shaker is why DJT is still supported by literally ANYONE.....?

LOL love it.

But hey - props where it is due. At least Trump agreed to talk to NPR. (however briefly)
Surprising, right?

I don't take it as a positive sign at all, though. Just like suddenly encouraging the vaccines, it indicates to me that he's trying to court sane people by softening his image. Which means he's planning on running.

That is NOT a surprise at all.
The REAL head-shaker is why DJT is still supported by literally ANYONE.....?
I have come to the conclusion people will listen to what someone says, but can't go look at their actual actions

I love it when DT calls Mitch McConnell a "loser". Let's see, who was it that got voted out of office and has a huge pile of court cases piling up against him? Whose team was it that lost over 50 election fraud cases? No fan of McConnell but that loser comment made me LOL.

Trump messing with the media again! Heads are spinning!
What will they do when he announces he is running for president in 2024?

I listened to the NPR "interview" this morning. They totally sandbagged him, stopping the taped "interview" to counter his points one by one. Shady, sleezey, just what you'd expect from NPR.

I listened to the NPR "interview" this morning. They totally sandbagged him, stopping the taped "interview" to counter his points one by one. Shady, sleezey, just what you'd expect from NPR.
It's a pity that a former POTUS can't deal in truth. NPR, OTH, actually has a tradition of high factual integrity in its journalism. So, if you get garbage and and you want quality out, someone has to do the heavy lifting of reconciling truth to fiction.

Could you give an example?

I just heard Trump jabbering like a mad man, saying some pretty crazy stuff.

Counterpoints are bad?

View attachment 67368881

Wow you people really got a bad case of TDS !
He stopped an interview by 6 whole minutes befroe it should end ???...

Why didn't you link the ACTUAL interview ? You just pointed to a story about how Trump did somthing, rather than showing what he did ?...

It wasn't anything really bad or that we haven't see before...

You people are being triggered by your own side.

Surprising, right?

I don't take it as a positive sign at all, though. Just like suddenly encouraging the vaccines, it indicates to me that he's trying to court sane people by softening his image. Which means he's planning on running.
Disaster for all of us if true.

Well, not for Trump himself. Another round of enriching grift.

NPR should not have given him airtime. If i wanted to hear him lie, I'd watch faux.

It certainly served to illustrate how utterly insane he is. Railing constantly against imaginary demons. It's probably too late to save him. But we can still save ourselves.

Why didn't you link the ACTUAL interview ? You just pointed to a story about how Trump did somthing, rather than showing what he did ?...

Thanks for linking the interview text. What an idiot Donald Trump is - everything is either a lie or meandering verbal vomit or a whine. Seriously, not sure there ever was a bigger snowflake.... sheesh.

Thanks for linking the interview text. What an idiot Donald Trump is - everything is either a lie or meandering verbal vomit or a whine. Seriously, not sure there ever was a bigger snowflake.... sheesh.

I don't get the appeal. I mean, we all like to blow off steam every once in a while. But 24/7? The man needs help. His supporters need counseling.

It's a pity that a former POTUS can't deal in truth. NPR, OTH, actually has a tradition of high factual integrity in its journalism. So, if you get garbage and and you want quality out, someone has to do the heavy lifting of reconciling truth to fiction.
As I said on the other thread, NPR is the equivalent of a doctoral level thesis compared to FOX which is remedial crayon sharpening. No wonder the cult loves to stew in their ignorance, it suits them.

TFG tried to sell the big lie again, and the NPR reporter had too much respect for his listeners not to call him on his bullshit.

Sorry that you didn't get your ass kissing pablum propaganda for once...

NPR should not have given him airtime. If i wanted to hear him lie, I'd watch faux.
I'll bet you aren't the only one who felt that way. Big donors were on the phone after that one, I'm sure. I don't know what NPR was trying to do--prove they're fair and balanced or something? Probably trying to increase their listeners. They're always begging for cash.

In the 2016, the media gave him free publicity beyond wildest imagining. After Jan 6, Twitter/Google did what it could to stuff a sock in his mouth, and the techies haven't made it easy for him to start his own site. But there is only so much they can do. I hope we're not in for another 2016.i

And the rugged individualist, family values right loves them some Trump. Go figure.

I'll bet you aren't the only one who felt that way. Big donors were on the phone after that one, I'm sure. I don't know what NPR was trying to do--prove they're fair and balanced or something? Probably trying to increase their listeners. They're always begging for cash.

In the 2016, the media gave him free publicity beyond wildest imagining. After Jan 6, Twitter/Google did what it could to stuff a sock in his mouth, and the techies haven't made it easy for him to start his own site. But there is only so much they can do. I hope we're not in for another 2016.i
NPR used to have his sycophants on for interviews during my morning drive when he was president. I got tired of turning the radio off because I didn't want to hear them lie. I tune in occasionally these days, but I kind of got out of the routine. NPR is still the least annoying news on the local radio, though.

All we know is Trump did 100% better than Biden could ever do. If... and that is a big if
Biden trys to answer press questions they are chosen ahead of time and submit their question. Biden has admitted that is what happens.

Past time to cut off tax dollars that go to partisan NPR. Now that they are woke....

Back
Top Bottom