• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: ‘Most of the people not getting paid’ in shutdown are Democrats

You did not correct anything.

:lamo

In your response you expose your 'idiotic' comment....

There is no possibility that the entirety of the Federal Government is mostly made up of Democrats.

I know...right? Yet you persist in MAKING those idiotic comments...and I continue to TRY to correct them. But you know...one side can carry a conversation only so long...

I think you saying most of the government is still fully funded is an idiotic comment, but yeah I'm the one making silly comments. :lamo

I think you saying most of the government is still fully funded is an idiotic comment, but yeah I'm the one making silly comments. :lamo

Yer so damn lost....

"The 'entirety' of the government is not shut down. The AD military is fully funded. The DOD including civilian employees is full funded. All essential agencies and personnel are still fully funded."

Show me where I used the word 'most' or even attempted to quantify 'most'. Also...show where there is ANYTHING incorrect in that statement or how that DOES NOT directly refute your 'idiotic' comment about 'entirety'.

Please...by all means since none of the others can manage to do it. Point to the legislation that Trump vetoed to shut down the government.

100 senators voted for a continuing resolution
but that bill contained no billions for 'the wall'
tRump insisted he would not sign anything that did not contain a $5 billion appropriation for 'the wall'
tRump presented to pelosi and schumer in front of pence and the national media that this would be his shutdown. pelosi had, moments before, shaken him by calling it a "tRump shutdown" that the country did not need

please identify what is incorrect about what i have posted immediately above
my signature contains information which may aid your review

LOL! How odd to be psychologically compelled to bray such nonsense. This shutdown is completely and totally on Trump and he's taken ownership of it that he can't walk back.

That you have to pretend otherwise is simply delicious.

Im not pretending anything. That is how the system works. The congress has not passed a funding bill. Therefore Trump has done nothing. If they do and he vetoes it, then he will have shut down the government, Next time you need help understanding how things work, let me know.

Yer so damn lost....

"The 'entirety' of the government is not shut down. The AD military is fully funded. The DOD including civilian employees is full funded. All essential agencies and personnel are still fully funded."

Show me where I used the word 'most' or even attempted to quantify 'most'. Also...show where there is ANYTHING incorrect in that statement or how that DOES NOT directly refute your 'idiotic' comment about 'entirety'.

Why are you pointing out useless facts about how a gov't shutdowns work? Do you think I think most of the gov't is shut down? Do you think that the ones not getting paid don't matter? Do you think the ones not getting paid are Democrats?

tRump insisted he would not sign anything that did not contain a $5 billion appropriation for 'the wall'
tRump presented to pelosi and schumer in front of pence and the national media that this would be his shutdown. pelosi had, moments
before, shaken him by calling it a "tRump shutdown" that the country did not need

Wait...you still are failing miserably. Darn it...I thought SURELY YOU would be able to provide what the others cant.

What legislation did Trump veto to cause the shutdown? Come on now...YOU know how this works. The House and senate pass legislation, THEN the president signs said legislation. The House PASSED the spending bill...and Schumer and the democrats voted AGAINST a spending bill.

Schumer. The democrats. Sorry...until you can present ANYTHING that the President of the United States has vetoed...dems own the shutdown. And you know it.

tRump presented to pelosi and schumer in front of pence and the national media that this would be his shutdown. pelosi had, moments before, shaken him by calling it a "tRump shutdown" that the country did not need

Thats all correct, but the House voted for something different. The House and Senate must reconcile their differences, vote on a funding measure, then send it to the president. Until that happens, the funding is stalled in congress, not by Trump.

Why are you pointing out useless facts about how a gov't shutdowns work? Do you think I think most of the gov't is shut down? Do you think that the ones not getting paid don't matter? Do you think the ones not getting paid are Democrats?
Why are you continuing to make idiotic comments? Have you no pride?

Thats all correct, but the House voted for something different. The House and Senate must reconcile their differences, vote on a funding measure, then send it to the president. Until that happens, the funding is stalled in congress, not by Trump.
(he knows that...but...TRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPP!!!!!)

I asked you four topical questions and you avoided all of them. It's not my pride you should worry about.
No...what you did is desperately attempt to avoid the FACTS as were pointed out to you and the fallacy of your idiotic comments. And until you have the character and integrity to admit that, why in the **** would I answer you idiotic questions?

No...what you did is desperately attempt to avoid the FACTS as were pointed out to you and the fallacy of your idiotic comments. And until you have the character and integrity to admit that, why in the **** would I answer you idiotic questions?

No what you did was point out useless facts to try to prove me wrong or to try to say I didn't know that some gov't agencies were open. When that is so far from what I was talking about...

I stand by my statement: Donald Trump thinks most of the people working in gov't are democrats. I'm shocked that you are actually questioning that.

Last edited:
Im not pretending anything. That is how the system works. The congress has not passed a funding bill. Therefore Trump has done nothing. If they do and he vetoes it, then he will have shut down the government, Next time you need help understanding how things work, let me know.

Lulz. Now you're pretending that you're not pretending.

The current shutdown is owned, lock, stock and double-rainbow retard barrel, by Trump. If he actually wanted to end the shutdown, he could do it today.

You, apparently, are not in place where you can emotionally accept that, and it's obvious to everyone.

Wait...you still are failing miserably. Darn it...I thought SURELY YOU would be able to provide what the others cant.

What legislation did Trump veto to cause the shutdown? Come on now...YOU know how this works. The House and senate pass legislation, THEN the president signs said legislation. The House PASSED the spending bill...and Schumer and the democrats voted AGAINST a spending bill.

Schumer. The democrats. Sorry...until you can present ANYTHING that the President of the United States has vetoed...dems own the shutdown. And you know it.

There was no legislation that Trump vetoed. The problem is that isn't the only way to keep funding from happening. Trump set funding the the wall as a precondition to signing a government funding bill knowing full well it would never pass the Senate. His refusal to sign a CR that didn't contain wall funding, something that would have easily passed the Congress, puts the entire responsibility for the shutdown on him. Had he not played politics by tying funding to his wall there would be no shutdown.

There was no legislation that Trump vetoed.
There ya go. That is all that matters. Pelosi claimed they couldnt get a budget passed through the house with funding for the wall (funding which she herself has perviously voted FOR). She was wrong...and the House did their job. Trump...correctly...stated that Schumer and the democrats would never support a bill with funding for border security (something they too previously voted FOR). The Senate GOP voted FOR it. The Senate democrats blocked it. Voila...shutdown. Democrats caused a shutdown because they refuse to pass a 5 billion dollar spending provision on a subject they previously voted FOR.

There was no legislation that Trump vetoed. The problem is that isn't the only way to keep funding from happening. Trump set funding the the wall as a precondition to signing a government funding bill knowing full well it would never pass the Senate. His refusal to sign a CR that didn't contain wall funding, something that would have easily passed the Congress, puts the entire responsibility for the shutdown on him. Had he not played politics by tying funding to his wall there would be no shutdown.

Well the same is true the opposite way, if the Dems were not playing politics by denying wall funding there would be no shutdown either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There ya go. That is all that matters. Pelosi claimed they couldnt get a budget passed through the house with funding for the wall (funding which she herself has perviously voted FOR). She was wrong...and the House did their job. Trump...correctly...stated that Schumer and the democrats would never support a bill with funding for border security (something they too previously voted FOR). The Senate GOP voted FOR it. The Senate democrats blocked it. Voila...shutdown. Democrats caused a shutdown because they refuse to pass a 5 billion dollar spending provision on a subject they previously voted FOR.

That's exactly what happened. The important question though is why was funding for the wall tied to the CR at the 11th hour given that everyone knew it would not pass?

This is similar to me telling my kid I'll buy them a car but then they reply that they refuse to accept it unless I also buy them a house.. Who's to blame when they don't get a car? You cannot tie demands that you know cannot be met, especially wholly unrelated ones, to a proposal and then wash your hands of it when the proposal doesn't pass.

Well the same is true the opposite way, if the Dems were not playing politics by denying wall funding there would be no shutdown either.

The problem with that analysis though is that the two have nothing to do with each other.

Lulz. Now you're pretending that you're not pretending.

The current shutdown is owned, lock, stock and double-rainbow retard barrel, by Trump. If he actually wanted to end the shutdown, he could do it today.

You, apparently, are not in place where you can emotionally accept that, and it's obvious to everyone.

He does want to end the shutdown, just not on the conditions attached. He is under no constitutional obligation to sign any particular piece of legislation

The problem with that analysis though is that the two have nothing to do with each other.

Umm, yes they do. There’s two parties each refusing to budge on a particular issue.

That's exactly what happened. The important question though is why was funding for the wall tied to the CR at the 11th hour given that everyone knew it would not pass?

This is similar to me telling my kid I'll buy them a car but then they reply that they refuse to accept it unless it's a Maserati. Who's to blame when they don't get a car? You cannot tie demands that you know cannot be met to a proposal and then wash your hands of it when the proposal doesn't pass.

Well I presume that unlike Trump your kid has no constitutional rights to deny you something you want out of the deal. This isn’t a negotiation between a child and parent, Trump is a constitutional officer of the United States. He has the right to not sign budgets. These two are not comparable

Umm, yes they do. There’s two parties each refusing to budge on a particular issue.

What does wall funding have to do with funding HUD? Or OMB? Or DOT?

Back
Top Bottom