• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: ‘Most of the people not getting paid’ in shutdown are Democrats

Well I presume that unlike Trump your kid has no constitutional rights to deny you something you want out of the deal. This isn’t a negotiation between a child and parent, Trump is a constitutional officer of the United States. He has the right to not sign budgets. These two are not comparable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He certainly does. I never said otherwise. But he can't shift the blame when he refuses to. Nor can my kid when I refuse to buy them the car.

What does wall funding have to do with funding HUD? Or OMB? Or DOT?

It doesn’t matter, the FedGov doesn’t have a single subject rule for legislation and attaching pet causes to budget bills has been an accepted practice for decades

He does want to end the shutdown, just not on the conditions attached. He is under no constitutional obligation to sign any particular piece of legislation

Nah, there's no credible evidence that he does. He wants the chaos and the fight, not any tangible results that benefit the country.

Nah, there's no credible evidence that he does. He wants the chaos and the fight, not any tangible results that benefit the country.

Ummm ok

It's all he ever does. He believes the controversy makes him look like a tough guy who's getting something done to appease his ever-decreasing base.

He's cornered like a simpering bitch, and the whole country knows it.

Lulz. Now you're pretending that you're not pretending.

The current shutdown is owned, lock, stock and double-rainbow retard barrel, by Trump. If he actually wanted to end the shutdown, he could do it today.

You, apparently, are not in place where you can emotionally accept that, and it's obvious to everyone.

No, once again you have just shown that you dont know WTF you are talking about. The government cannot be funded without legislation from congress. To date, congress has not passed such legislation. That is why part of the government is shut down. Maybe if you had paid attention during high school you wouldnt look quite so foolish now.

No, once again you have just shown that you dont know WTF you are talking about. The government cannot be funded without legislation from congress. To date, congress has not passed such legislation. That is why part of the government is shut down. Maybe if you had paid attention during high school you wouldnt look quite so foolish now.

Yawn. Your pig-ignorance of the matter at hand is getting boring. Trump has said he will sign nothing that doesn't include what he wants. He could change this and stop the shutdown in literally seconds.

Again, you don't seem to be in a place where you can deal with that emotionally, but it's simply not my problem.

Please stopy lying to yourself in regards to what this is actually about. Most unbecoming.

That's exactly what happened. The important question though is why was funding for the wall tied to the CR at the 11th hour given that everyone knew it would not pass?

This is similar to me telling my kid I'll buy them a car but then they reply that they refuse to accept it unless I also buy them a house.. Who's to blame when they don't get a car? You cannot tie demands that you know cannot be met, especially wholly unrelated ones, to a proposal and then wash your hands of it when the proposal doesn't pass.
There is LITERALLY no reason for the Democrats to NOT fund the 5 billion. they claim to be FOR border security, admit there is a problem, and have themselves voted FOR border fences. Meanwhile, they manage to dig up funding for foreign government support...no problem.

Democrats are blocking the spending. If Trump vetoed the legislation, it would indeed be on him. Its not. The House did their job. The GOP in the senate has voted in favor of.

Schumer owns this...and he is doing it solely for political spite. By his own words.

The Democratic War on Truth never ends. This thread is Democrats hysterical ranting against the truth, which is that most federal employees vote Democratic. But sorry to interrupt. Please do continue your hate orgy contest.

The Trump base wanted to send someone to DC to blow the place up. So did the Russians.

And they wonder why these Russians would want to help Trump get elected. Hah!

Yawn. Your pig-ignorance of the matter at hand is getting boring. Trump has said he will sign nothing that doesn't include what he wants. He could change this and stop the shutdown in literally seconds.

Again, you don't seem to be in a place where you can deal with that emotionally, but it's simply not my problem.

Please stopy lying to yourself in regards to what this is actually about. Most unbecoming.

The pig ignorance is completely yours as usual. There is no funding bill awaiting the presidents signature. If you think there is, link to it. If there is not, then the fault for not funding the government rests with the congress.

Last edited:
The pig ignorance is completely yours as usual. There is no funding bill awaiting the presidents signature. If you think there is, link to it. If there is not, then the fault for not funding the government rests with the congress.

Irrelevant. He has specificaly stated he won't sign anything w/out the funding he wants, so there's no point in any bill.

You're really, really bad at this and no one is buying the bull**** you're desperately trying to sell.

That statement is nothing short of bright, shining red meat for his base.

They passed a tax bill hurting tax filers in blue states, because they stopped allowing a deduction for state taxes. Blue states have higher taxes.

Trump is one of the most divisive presidents. He would love to think only Democrats will hurt during the shutdown. He and his supporters are very terrible when it comes to stuff like this.

Politics shouldn't be about taking things out on other Americans out of spite.

The Trump base wanted to send someone to DC to blow the place up. So did the Russians.

And they wonder why these Russians would want to help Trump get elected. Hah!

Sorry but you Russian conspiracy theorists are simply nothing more than the new 9/11 Truthers. And its really past time to start treating you with the same contempt and mockery that they get.

Irrelevant. He has specificaly stated he won't sign anything w/out the funding he wants, so there's no point in any bill.

You're really, really bad at this and no one is buying the bull**** you're desperately trying to sell.

It doesnt matter what Trump says, it matters what the facts are, and the facts are that the congress has not passed a spending bill. THAT is why part the government is closed. NOw, if they get together today and pass a funding bill and it gets to the president and he vetoes it, THEN Trump will have shut down the government.. Consider this little lesson in government my Christmas gift to you

It doesnt matter what Trump says, it matters what the facts are, and the facts are that the congress has not passed a spending bill. THAT is why part the government is closed. NOw, if they get together today and pass a funding bill and it gets to the president and he vetoes it, THEN Trump will have shut down the government.. Consider this little lesson in government my Christmas gift to you

The fact is that because of his candy-ass temper tantrum and promise to sign nothing that doesn't include what he wants in his petulant way, he's shut down the gov't and he's claimed responsibility.

Always nice to expose your dishonesty as a public service.

No, no need to thank me.

The fact is that because of his candy-ass temper tantrum and promise to sign nothing that doesn't include what he wants in his petulant way, he's shut down the gov't and he's claimed responsibility.

Always nice to expose your dishonesty as a public service.

No, no need to thank me.

There wasnt a single thing I said that was dishonest. Thats just you lying. But that is what you do when cornered by your own ignorance.

There is LITERALLY no reason for the Democrats to NOT fund the 5 billion. they claim to be FOR border security, admit there is a problem, and have themselves voted FOR border fences. Meanwhile, they manage to dig up funding for foreign government support...no problem.

Democrats are blocking the spending. If Trump vetoed the legislation, it would indeed be on him. Its not. The House did their job. The GOP in the senate has voted in favor of.

Schumer owns this...and he is doing it solely for political spite. By his own words.
no. listen to trumps own words (1:20)

NO question this is tRump's shutdown

tRump threatened to shut the government down
and he did it
listen for yourself that he is proud to have shut the government down (1:20)

no. listen to trumps own words (1:20)

NO question this is tRump's shutdown
:lamo

You people persist in your lies. Its pathetic.

What legislation did Trump veto?

:lamo

You people persist in your lies. Its pathetic.

What legislation did Trump veto?

who said they would be proud to shut down the government
would not try to blame schumer
would wear the shutdown as a mantle

if you hear the video you know who accepted responsibility for shutting down the government
to attempt to assign this on anyone but the president is to oppose what tRump himself told us

When the President cannot make rational arguments, will rational people be able to stay on principle and win the fight?

Trump: ‘Most of the people not getting paid’ in shutdown are Democrats

It was kind of a funny comment. I mean, one of the conventional wisdoms is that Virginia is going purple because of the huge population growth in the DC suburbs who are voting Democrat. The thinking was that the bulk of these people are government employees. So his comment may not be politically correct, but there is a certain amount of logic and precedence in it.

It's all he ever does. He believes the controversy makes him look like a tough guy who's getting something done to appease his ever-decreasing base.

He's cornered like a simpering bitch, and the whole country knows it.

I’m detecting no arguments here

who said they would be proud to shut down the government
would not try to blame schumer
would wear the shutdown as a mantle

if you hear the video you know who accepted responsibility for shutting down the government
to attempt to assign this on anyone but the president is to oppose what tRump himself told us
Yes. Trump said he would be proud to shut down the government. now...please present the legislation that YTrump vetoed.

there is none...you know it. You also know the democrats in the senate blocked the spending bill.

And you know Schumer owns the shutdown. Its rather pathetic watching you and the others that know full well HOW things work just ignore it.

Or...I suppose you COULD present the legislation Trump vetoed.

No?

Didnt think so.

Yes. Trump said he would be proud to shut down the government. now...please present the legislation that YTrump vetoed.

there is none...you know it. You also know the democrats in the senate blocked the spending bill.

And you know Schumer owns the shutdown. Its rather pathetic watching you and the others that know full well HOW things work just ignore it.

Or...I suppose you COULD present the legislation Trump vetoed.

No?

Didnt think so
good
we agree
this is the tRump shutdown

Except of course that Trump told Schumer on national TV that he would own it. But that bit of theater aside what happened in the past is irrelevant. Trump created circumstances that he knew would make passage of the government funding unlikely at best. He cannot walk away from that.

And btw being against a wall does not mean being against border security. A wall is a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom