• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trudeau gives banks power to freeze funds without court order in bid to choke off protest funding

Me neither, but I was talking more about the police reforms, and generally allowing protests. Sure they went too far in allowing the looting and destruction, but the truckers dont seem to be doing that. Since theyre just blocking roads, give them something.
The police were in a bind when dealing with the rioter population within the protests since a lot of that anger was directed at the cops themselves.

If the Truckers were blocking unimportant roads, I wouldn't care. The problem is that they blocked border crossings. Alternatively, if they want to take up camp in downtown Ottawa for the next 15 years, I do not care as that does not impact the US or trade during a shortage caused by COVID.

The police were in a bind when dealing with the rioter population within the protests since a lot of that anger was directed at the cops themselves.

If the Truckers were blocking unimportant roads, I wouldn't care. The problem is that they blocked border crossings. Alternatively, if they want to take up camp in downtown Ottawa for the next 15 years, I do not care as that does not impact the US or trade during a shortage caused by COVID.

It wouldnt be an effective protest if they didnt get your attention. But see, you keep resorting to criticizing the truckers when its the govts fault. This could all be over easily, but instead the tyrants double down.

It wouldnt be an effective protest if they didnt get your attention. But see, you keep resorting to criticizing the truckers when its the govts fault. This could all be over easily, but instead the tyrants double down.
Its the truckers' fault for not doing the simple thing and just getting vaccinated. They are protesting over the results of their own antisocial behavior.

Its the truckers' fault for not doing the simple thing and just getting vaccinated. They are protesting over the results of their own antisocial behavior.

Its the govts fault for requiring vaccination. They are mandating things they shouldnt. Tyranny should be opposed.

Its the govts fault for requiring vaccination. They are mandating things they shouldnt. Tyranny should be opposed.
Mandating vaccines is fine and is something the country has been doing in times of need since its founding.

Mandating vaccines is not fine, and certainly wasnt done since its founding. Just the opposite, Canada has a long history of violently opposing vaccine mandates.

I thought we were talking about Canada. But sure, STATES have mandated vaccines for some people in the past. There has never been a federal vaccine mandate of virtually everyone.

I thought we were talking about Canada. But sure, STATES have mandated vaccines for some people in the past. There has never been a federal vaccine mandate of virtually everyone.
I don't know much about Canada's history and don't really care, that's a national issue for them to deal with.

The distinction between federal and states is a minor one, the point is that this country has been issuing mandates since Washington.

I don't know much about Canada's history and don't really care, that's a national issue for them to deal with.

The distinction between federal and states is a minor one, the point is that this country has been issuing mandates since Washington.

Ok, well the topic is Canada and today, not US history.

Rofl.....don't you know how things work in this big old world? Trudeau ending the mandate will go a long way in influencing Biden to end the mandate, either way, it must start somewhere, no? You keep going on and on about there's nothing Trudeau can do....he must be a good for nothing in your mind. Just tell the SOB to stay out of it, bring somebody up with a set, who can make some real decisions and do what's best for the Canadian people.
You must be an advocate for government over-reach if you want the Canadian federal government to get involved in what is now a provincial and local government issue or a company policy issue.
Bear in mind, I'm all for Covid restrictions being relaxed now. It's time. Just not by the federal government sticking It's oar in where it doesn't belong. The rules need to be relaxed by the folks that imposed them, not by being dictated.
But that's internally, here inside Canada. I say no to allowing anti-vaxxers coming in from the USA. America is a hotbed of this pandemic. You guys are dying one or two a minute, three times the deaths per million rate as Canada and if you call regulating incoming people from countries that have mishandled the Covid measures 'tyranny', well, tough.

Thats the issue. The vaccine mandates, and I guess other dumb res. End them, problem solved.
Point is, the only mandate the federal government has jurisdiction over is the one at the border. You can't come into Canada from a foreign country without proof of vaccination or a quarantine plan. All other mandates are on provincial or local governments or company policies.
I'm in favour of relaxing internal mandates. It's time. But the one at the border has to stay. We share a very long border with a country That's a pandemic hotbed and we still need to regulate travel across that border.

I'm not the one on the side of those who wish to bring in utopia, new government, or lala land.....that's your side. Once you liberal progressives cancel out everybody, including truck drivers, your fearless leaders will be the first to run and hide.....100% guaranteed, lol.

Says the person who supported a literal fascist president.

Point is, the only mandate the federal government has jurisdiction over is the one at the border. You can't come into Canada from a foreign country without proof of vaccination or a quarantine plan. All other mandates are on provincial or local governments or company policies.
I'm in favour of relaxing internal mandates. It's time. But the one at the border has to stay. We share a very long border with a country That's a pandemic hotbed and we still need to regulate travel across that border.

And federal governments have the right to, despite insistence otherwise by the covidiots.

Everyone's had it with the weird populist bullshit.

Imagine that.

And federal governments have the right to, despite insistence otherwise by the covidiots.
It's funny how the people here who howl the loudest about government over-reach seem to want Trudeau and the Canadian federal government to interfere where it has no right to. But that border thing, yeah, that's federal jurisdiction. Like I said elsewhere here, I'm in favour of relaxing the restrictions internally, in the provincial and local jurisdictions and by companys but I approve of the vaccination or quarantine regulation for international travellers. My wife and I haven't left Canada in over two years but we intend to spend next winter somewhere far to the south and we're more than willing to jump through whatever hoops our destination country holds up.

It's funny how the people here who howl the loudest about government over-reach seem to want Trudeau and the Canadian federal government to interfere where it has no right to. But that border thing, yeah, that's federal jurisdiction. Like I said elsewhere here, I'm in favour of relaxing the restrictions internally, in the provincial and local jurisdictions and by companys but I approve of the vaccination or quarantine regulation for international travellers. My wife and I haven't left Canada in over two years but we intend to spend next winter somewhere far to the south and we're more than willing to jump through whatever hoops our destination country holds up.

Righties have conveniently forgotten that the rules are very different when one travels abroad. Even if it's just a drive between the US and Canada.

Righties have conveniently forgotten that the rules are very different when one travels abroad. Even if it's just a drive between the US and Canada.
Every now and then we hear about a guy who thinks his concealed-carry permit should allow him to bring his pistol across the border.

You must be an advocate for government over-reach if you want the Canadian federal government to get involved in what is now a provincial and local government issue or a company policy issue.
Bear in mind, I'm all for Covid restrictions being relaxed now. It's time. Just not by the federal government sticking It's oar in where it doesn't belong. The rules need to be relaxed by the folks that imposed them, not by being dictated.
But that's internally, here inside Canada. I say no to allowing anti-vaxxers coming in from the USA. America is a hotbed of this pandemic. You guys are dying one or two a minute, three times the deaths per million rate as Canada and if you call regulating incoming people from countries that have mishandled the Covid measures 'tyranny', well, tough.

Well, tell that SOB to cease with taking the money away from truck drivers.....cease taking their means of living, if it's not his business. According to you, then why is Trudeau instituting Banana Republic measures to quelch the truck drivers?.....Anti vaxers, anti vaxers, anti vaxers.....blah, blah, blah.....they are not the problem.....Good Lord, stop with the hysteria. If you have been vaccinated, why in the world are you worried about those who are not??? We have learned through the Omicron variant that it doesn't matter.....vaccinated or not.....both can spread the virus, equally.....wow, they got so many people worked up through propaganda and misinformation, it's truly unbelievable. It's time for people to grow a set, and stop being so scared and most importantly stop listening to governmental operations of misinformation and propaganda. Live your damn life without fear......your going to die anyway.

Everyone's had it with the weird populist bullshit.

Imagine that.
Windsor - Police handed out leaflets, assisted those wanting to leave.
Next morning many had gone
Police cleared the rest, IIRC a few arrests involved
No police in riot gear firing tear gas, no pepper spray, and it was over

Now Ottawa, I think there are some nut jobs there, so will it turn violent, don't know

Ottawa, leaflets handed out. Police will move in tomorrow morning is my best guess

Oh and another clunker- Head of the Police Board, hired an interim Police Chief, and did not inform the Police Board

They have an acting PC. Why bring someone in as the new Chief now? Let alone not placing this before the Board

Well, tell that SOB to cease with taking the money away from truck drivers.....cease taking their means of living, if it's not his business. According to you, then why is Trudeau instituting Banana Republic measures to quelch the truck drivers?.....Anti vaxers, anti vaxers, anti vaxers.....blah, blah, blah.....they are not the problem.....Good Lord, stop with the hysteria. If you have been vaccinated, why in the world are you worried about those who are not??? We have learned through the Omicron variant that it doesn't matter.....vaccinated or not.....both can spread the virus, equally.....wow, they got so many people worked up through propaganda and misinformation, it's truly unbelievable. It's time for people to grow a set, and stop being so scared and most importantly stop listening to governmental operations of misinformation and propaganda. Live your damn life without fear......your going to die anyway.
Blah Blah Blah.
You can't come into Canada from a foreign country without proof of vaccination. If that offends your delicate sensibilities, well, the Canadian government isn't obliged to assuage your sense of injury.
Those truck drivers are being hindered by American laws, not Canadian, but they and their supporters are just too stupid to get it.
Like I said, I'm in favour of relaxing the measures here, internally, within Canada. It's time. But no way should we open up to countries that are pestilential hotbeds. And that includes the USA.
And make no mistake, Trudeau is as big an SOB in my eyes- though I'd stop short of calling his mother a bitch- but damned if I'm in favour of opening the country to people who want to come here from infectious hotbeds. Damn. The worldwide average of deaths per million is 752. Canada is slightly higher at 935. You guys are at 2,851, and you want us to open up the border between us? Americans died two per minute in the previous 24 hours and you think we should ignore that for the sake of your hurt feelings?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom