• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trudeau gives banks power to freeze funds without court order in bid to choke off protest funding

Its not, but that doesnt matter. The govt should not have reacted to disagreement with such tyranny. They work for the truckers, not the other way around.
So how long does stupidity that disrupts hundreds of peoples lives need to be tolerated? The government showed more patience than any other government in the world would have. Name me one country that would have allowed that amount of chaos for weeks.
Tyranny ffs. Anyone who isn't a lunatic-fringe rightist would say that 'protest' should not have been allowed to go on past the first week.

So how long does stupidity that disrupts hundreds of peoples lives need to be tolerated? The government showed more patience than any other government in the world would have. Name me one country that would have allowed that amount of chaos for weeks.
Tyranny ffs. Anyone who isn't a lunatic-fringe rightist would say that 'protest' should not have been allowed to go on past the first week.

The US allowed worse. Occupy Wall Street, Bundy Ranch, CHOP, Howard University. But thats not the point. The point is the govt should have listened to and addressed their concerns. Instead they declared a national emergency and treated civil disobedience as terrorism.

And im not a lunactic fringe rightist, so that proves you wrong. I bet I can find others.

The US allowed worse. Occupy Wall Street, Bundy Ranch, CHOP, Howard University. But thats not the point. The point is the govt should have listened to and addressed their concerns. Instead they declared a national emergency and treated civil disobedience as terrorism.

And im not a lunactic fringe rightist, so that proves you wrong. I bet I can find others.
What do you think the Canadian government should have done? There's only one federal mandate, the one at the border, and it Doesn't affect truckers. Those dumbasses were protesting against the wrong government.
And terrorism isn't tolerated for weeks on end.

What do you think the Canadian government should have done? There's only one federal mandate, the one at the border, and it Doesn't affect truckers. Those dumbasses were protesting against the wrong government.
And terrorism isn't tolerated for weeks on end.

According to Canadian news and the govt, there is a Canadian mandate that requires unvaccinated Canadian truckers to quarantine when crossing the border into Canada. According to the CTA this affects 10-15% of Canadian Truck drivers. It also bans foreign truck drivers from entering Canada if unvaccinated. Thats what they were protesting, and the govt should have listened to their concerns and tried to reach a compromise.

And blocking traffic isnt terrorism.

According to Canadian news and the govt, there is a Canadian mandate that requires unvaccinated Canadian truckers to quarantine when crossing the border into Canada. According to the CTA this affects 10-15% of Canadian Truck drivers. It also bans foreign truck drivers from entering Canada if unvaccinated. Thats what they were protesting, and the govt should have listened to their concerns and tried to reach a compromise.

And blocking traffic isnt terrorism.
How do you think an unvaccinated Canadian trucker could be crossing the border into Canada when he needed to show proof of vaccination to cross into the USA in the first place? The Canadian law doesn't affect them at all.
And no, It's not terrorism. That's my point- they weren't treated like terrorists. This is how terrorism is responded to in Canada...

flqcolour.png

Last edited:
How do you think an unvaccinated Canadian trucker could be crossing the border into Canada when he needed to show proof of vaccination to cross into the USA In the first place? The Canadian law doesn't affect them at all.
And no, It's not terrorism. That's my point- they weren't treated like terrorists. This is how terrorism is responded to in Canada...
They used a anti-terrorism law to seize bank accounts, cancel insurance, unperson them, force businesses to report funding activity. And the law does affect them.

Industry vaccination rates remain reflective of the Canadian national average as well as the regional provincial averages of 83-87 per cent. The industry is expecting a loss of 12,000-16,000 (10-15%) cross-border commercial drivers if the mandate takes effect this month, with higher or lower losses in capacity in certain regions depending on the location of companies. The enforcement of a federal domestic vaccine mandate on drivers could lead to as many as 30,000 Canadian federally regulated drivers exiting the supply chain.

They used a anti-terrorism law to seize bank accounts, cancel insurance, unperson them, force businesses to report funding activity. And the law does affect them.

This is the border vaccine mandate that affects Canadians...

Foreign Truckers Must Be Vaccinated to Enter US Starting Jan. 22​

That was a week or so before those dumbasses decided to protest against the wrong government.

The Emergencies Act is not just an anti-terrorism law. There are four sections each with their own abilities and restrictions. Public Welfare, Public Order, International and War.

"The Emergencies Act contemplates four distinct types of emergencies: a public welfare emergency, a public order emergency, an international emergency, and a war emergency.[27] It uses a "finely graded set of provisions" to respond to each type.[28][29][30] The four categories of emergency are triggered in separate circumstances and a declaration of an emergency under each category gives the government a separate set of powers."

This is the border vaccine mandate that affects Canadians...

Foreign Truckers Must Be Vaccinated to Enter US Starting Jan. 22​

That was a week or so before those dumbasses decided to protest against the wrong government.

THIS is the border mandate that affects Canadians.

But I can tell youre stuck on name calling, so im done.

It appears protesters in Toronto have set up a PayPal account
Did a search, nothing so far that I could find

It appears protesters in Toronto have set up a PayPal account
Did a search, nothing so far that I could find
They don't learn I guess.

The Emergencies Act is not just an anti-terrorism law. There are four sections each with their own abilities and restrictions. Public Welfare, Public Order, International and War.

"The Emergencies Act contemplates four distinct types of emergencies: a public welfare emergency, a public order emergency, an international emergency, and a war emergency.[27] It uses a "finely graded set of provisions" to respond to each type.[28][29][30] The four categories of emergency are triggered in separate circumstances and a declaration of an emergency under each category gives the government a separate set of powers."
Heard something today- Parliamentary Committee, small numbers, all parties, to be briefed daily by our security agencies on the threats, accts frozen and all.
That will be one driver as to when the EA is lifted
All sworn to secrecy, which I believe they will maintain, and IMHO adds more oversight on the EA. As in daily oversight

Another plus Canada has is built in mandatory review by Parliament completed within 360

So we as Canadians will see a report that will list failures, successes, and the decisions with evidence as to why we needed an EA.
It will provide a wealth of information on the failures of in some cases 3 levels of Govt

And all this completed well before the next probable election in 23

Heard something today- Parliamentary Committee, small numbers, all parties, to be briefed daily by our security agencies on the threats, accts frozen and all.
That will be one driver as to when the EA is lifted
All sworn to secrecy, which I believe they will maintain, and IMHO adds more oversight on the EA. As in daily oversight

Another plus Canada has is built in mandatory review by Parliament completed within 360

So we as Canadians will see a report that will list failures, successes, and the decisions with evidence as to why we needed an EA.
It will provide a wealth of information on the failures of in some cases 3 levels of Govt

And all this completed well before the next probable election in 23
The oversight is significant, bipartisan and legislated......something the weapers and the knashers about Canadian democracy will choose to ignore.......

Back
Top Bottom