• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trudeau gives banks power to freeze funds without court order in bid to choke off protest funding

Blah Blah Blah.
You can't come into Canada from a foreign country without proof of vaccination. If that offends your delicate sensibilities, well, the Canadian government isn't obliged to assuage your sense of injury.
Those truck drivers are being hindered by American laws, not Canadian, but they and their supporters are just too stupid to get it.
Like I said, I'm in favour of relaxing the measures here, internally, within Canada. It's time. But no way should we open up to countries that are pestilential hotbeds. And that includes the USA.
If you are among the sanctimonious vaccinated, what are you worried about?

If the Truckers were blocking unimportant roads, I wouldn't care. The problem is that they blocked border crossings. Alternatively, if they want to take up camp in downtown Ottawa for the next 15 years, I do not care as that does not impact the US or trade during a shortage caused by COVID.
You’re falling for a bunch of malarkey emanating from the Trudeau government. They’re trying to plant all supply chain woes on the shoulders of these truckers when the truth is it isn’t impacting anything because all anyone hast to do is zig instead of zag on the Highway to go through a different point of entry.

If you are among the sanctimonious vaccinated, what are you worried about?
Canadians who aren't.
You guys died two per minute in the previous 24 hours and you think we ought to open up the border between us? Why on earth would we do that? To assuage your hurt feelings?

Canadians who aren't.
You guys died two per minute in the previous 24 hours and you think we ought to open up the border between us? Why on earth would we do that? To assuage your hurt feelings?
Canadians who arent have made that choice. Besides, they are far more likely to get covid from you than from me., so your argument is kinda dumb.

Canadians who arent have made that choice. Besides, they are far more likely to get covid from you than from me., so your argument is kinda dumb.
Well he lives here, you don't
how did you arrive at that?

The worldwide average death rate is 752 per million. Canada is slightly higher at 935. You guys are at 2,851, up there among the worst in the world.
What would be kinda dumb would be for us to open ourselves up to some of the most infectious people in the world. That's what Americans have done- you've made yourselves into an infectious hotbed and you're loudly demanding that we and other countries do the same.
Know what it is? You've given up the fight. Thrown your hands in the air and said there's no winning so why try. And the sad fact is that given the influence of your size you might just be right. You might be able to negate the best efforts of people who have more staying power.

I think Trudeau is making a mess of his own future and really damaging the Canadian image in general. But if the result is that Canada ends up with a PM from the Conservative party next time - that would be great and a good step in a better direction. What's happening with the Canadian government right now - is insane, IMO.

The worldwide average death rate is 752 per million. Canada is slightly higher at 935. You guys are at 2,851, up there among the worst in the world.
What would be kinda dumb would be for us to open ourselves up to some of the most infectious people in the world. That's what Americans have done- you've made yourselves into an infectious hotbed and you're loudly demanding that we and other countries do the same.
Know what it is? You've given up the fight. Thrown your hands in the air and said there's no winning so why try. And the sad fact is that given the influence of your size you might just be right. You might be able to negate the best efforts of people who have more staying power.
So if you are among the sanctimonious vaccinated, what are you worried about?

I think Trudeau is making a mess of his own future and really damaging the Canadian image in general. But if the result is that Canada ends up with a PM from the Conservative party next time - that would be great and a good step in a better direction. What's happening with the Canadian government right now - is insane, IMO.
Not so sure about that. Beta male Canadians love seeing their girly-man PM go full blown tyrant in the face of a protest by the working man.

So if you are among the sanctimonious vaccinated, what are you worried about?
Jesus. Do you realize you asked me this already and I answered it already?
Scroll back through this exchange. You can do that by clicking on the orange circle with an arrow in it- that will take you to the previous post in the exchange. If you keep doing that you'll come to when you asked this question before and see my answer.
Let me know if you still have a problem with this.

Not so sure about that. Beta male Canadians love seeing their girly-man PM go full blown tyrant in the face of a protest by the working man.
Sun must be well over the yard-arm where you are. Explains some of your confusion.

Making a mess of his future and damaging the Canadian image.
Hmmm...

Sun must be well over the yard-arm where you are. Explains some of your confusion.
Im not confused. The vaccinated have nothing to fear from the unvaxed. Nothing. They never did. You guys just have not figured that out yet and probably never will. So yes, there are those here who are confused.

If the Conservatives could have a leader to challenge Trudeau and make climate change part of their party platform, Trudeau would be in trouble

It is clear you are unfamiliar with our politics, laws and culture is lacking

Im not confused. The vaccinated have nothing to fear from the unvaxed. Nothing. They never did. You guys just have not figured that out yet and probably never will. So yes, there are those here who are confused.
I can you waiting for someone to mention break through infections.

I can you waiting for someone to mention break through infections.
Let me educate you, although I doubt it will sink in. Ready? Unvaccinated =/= infected. And here is a freebie for you: the sanctimonious vaccinated can get and spread the virus too. Put your thinking cap on and see if you can figure this one out on your own. You are in a room with two other people, one vaxed one unvaxed. The vaxed guy has covid, the unvaxed guy does not. Who is the threat to you and why?

Ah well. Be confused.
Must be that vaunted American exceptionalism that makes you guys understand these issues so much better than the rest of the world.
Uh, what were those numbers again? Two per minute? Thousands per million? Gotta love when you understand issues better than those around you, huh?
But you'll have to be patient if people from other countries don't automatically defer to American advice re. the pandemic.

Let me educate you, although I doubt it will sink in. Ready? Unvaccinated =/= infected. And here is a freebie for you: the sanctimonious vaccinated can get and spread the virus too. Put your thinking cap on and see if you can figure this one out on your own. You are in a room with two other people, one vaxed one unvaxed. The vaxed guy has covid, the unvaxed guy does not. Who is the threat to you and why?
Bites hard with a stupid post

I just watched this video of a segment with John Roberts interviewing David Krayden. Roberts grew up in Canada and, IMO, has done some good reporting on the Canadian situation in the last 3 weeks. I think this does a fair job of summing up the situation and where it stands now.

It appears that Trudeau is moving to cut off funding for the truckers. This will probably clean up the dregs of the revolution that wasn't.
It is despicable misuse of government power, this should only be done by a court not by the government.

You’re falling for a bunch of malarkey emanating from the Trudeau government. They’re trying to plant all supply chain woes on the shoulders of these truckers when the truth is it isn’t impacting anything because all anyone hast to do is zig instead of zag on the Highway to go through a different point of entry.
Uh no. The supply chain issues existed before this blockade and is an intricate issue with multiple causes but mainly is due to COVID.

Blah Blah Blah.
You can't come into Canada from a foreign country without proof of vaccination. If that offends your delicate sensibilities, well, the Canadian government isn't obliged to assuage your sense of injury.
Those truck drivers are being hindered by American laws, not Canadian, but they and their supporters are just too stupid to get it.
Like I said, I'm in favour of relaxing the measures here, internally, within Canada. It's time. But no way should we open up to countries that are pestilential hotbeds. And that includes the USA.
And make no mistake, Trudeau is as big an SOB in my eyes- though I'd stop short of calling his mother a bitch- but damned if I'm in favour of opening the country to people who want to come here from infectious hotbeds. Damn. The worldwide average of deaths per million is 752. Canada is slightly higher at 935. You guys are at 2,851, and you want us to open up the border between us? Americans died two per minute in the previous 24 hours and you think we should ignore that for the sake of your hurt feelings?

Personally, the mandates do not affect me, for I've been vaccinated, fyi. So this negates most of your rant, above. Here in the States we have a president and liberal democrats who have been snubbing their noses at our immigration laws and illegally helping covid infected immigrants to invade our country illegally, and all during a pandemic. They will pay for this lawlessness in Nov, then Joe will pay for it in 2023. The days of overreach and criminal behavior from elected officials are coming to a head, their powers removed and returned to the people, where it belongs. Bottom line, just plain sick and tired of hearing these kooks call everybody and everything who disagrees a nazi or racist.....time for the kiddies to go home for good.

Thats politics. BTW, did you hear Hillary spied on Trump?

Point is, the only mandate the federal government has jurisdiction over is the one at the border. You can't come into Canada from a foreign country without proof of vaccination or a quarantine plan. All other mandates are on provincial or local governments or company policies.
I'm in favour of relaxing internal mandates. It's time. But the one at the border has to stay. We share a very long border with a country That's a pandemic hotbed and we still need to regulate travel across that border.

Its not, but that doesnt matter. The govt should not have reacted to disagreement with such tyranny. They work for the truckers, not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom