• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trans kids on the Republican bills targeting them: 'I'm not a problem to society'

Thanks. I didn't read it, but saw a pretty little graphic that attracted my eyes and seemed to explain it. I've been feeling lazy the past few days.

Basically:
1) no male puberty - unlimited access
2) male puberty but on hormones - no head to head competition
3) male puberty and hormones - can play.

Anyway, I have issues with it, but whatever. It's a tough one.

Transwomen who haven't gone through male puberty are probably fine to play against women assuming there is no physical advantage, which I can't see why there would be.

I think you messed up the first sentence of your message from what you wanted to say? Are you instead asking why it is ok for a man to hit a man, but not a woman?
Yes.
In your opinion there is no way to know who is a man or a woman. You have no way to know if anyone is a man or woman unless they first tell you - and then you have to just take their word.
Yeah.... It's always been that way. Outside of legal and medical matters, if you meet someone on the street and they say they're a woman- you just have to take them at their word. You might make a guess based on their presentation, but at the end of the day how they identify themselves is all you have to go on.
Obviously in terms of sex - by your messages - you are bisexual, since the only different to you is in the other person's head.
Your drawing conclusions straight from the trash can, I see. My attraction is private, it has nothing to do with the conversation, and I will not further engage with you if continue to bring it up.
I am not posting about psychological self identity social-gender problems people have, but rather about people's sex. I am singularly posting about females and males.
Transmen are people of the female sex who identify as male. Transmen use he/him pronouns and want to be referred to as men. It'd be nice if you'd heed that.
If you want a reputation of bragging beating up a female with a trophy to show off for it like you think he should want
Why are you assuming the cisman would win? They had both made it to the final round, it should be assumed they were equals. Two equal competitors fighting each other in a wrestling match is normal.
if your girlfriend/date/wife hits you then you will slug her for the sake of equality - that's your thing.
If my significant other was violent towards me, yes, I would defend myself and then call the police. Guess by your standards victims of domestic violence should just sit there and take it, huh?
Unless you slugged her in front of me. Then we would find out if you are the first man I ever saw who hit a female a second time with his other arm.
Nice to know you'd defend an abuser over the abused, Joko.
Either a person does not hit females on principle, or has his reasons why he will and/or does.
On what principle should someone refrain from violence only towards women, and not men?
Then again she is is a female woman, not a male woman. You have explained repeatedly that to you there is no difference whatsoever.
There is a difference of origin, chromosomes, reproductive parts, etc. Physically, a trans man who has been on hormones for a year can compete equally with a cisman.
You're bisexual?
Jesus Christ, Joko. What does my sexuality have to do with anything?

Transwomen who haven't gone through male puberty are probably fine to play against women assuming there is no physical advantage, which I can't see why there would be.

I dont know if there is. Though I read one study claiming not. So, I wouldn't argue it without other evidence.

My problem with it is I dont think PB are a good idea in large percentage of kids. They have lifelong consequences and this could encourage some parents, or at least provide an additional item on the "positive side", to start PB.

I have provided a study previously that nearly 70 percent of kids that have some form of GD desist and/or detransition. That study only looked at kids until 15. Other studies have shown the numer at 80% - I purposely provided the lower number study.

I have read, that as kids brains develop and they become capable of more complex thought by going through puberty their GD is more likely to cease. So, the 80% number is *probably* accurate.

Actually, we have historical precedence showing that they do have an advantage. In medieval Europe, they would neuter young boys before puberty. They were called the castrati. They boys would grow up never having undergone puberty. They were considered great singers cause they had, on average, larger lung volume than women have. Larger lung volume can give a competitor a major advantage. Just because a boy doesn't go through puberty doesn't mean he is physically equal to a woman.

Actually, we have historical precedence showing that they do have an advantage. In medieval Europe, they would neuter young boys before puberty. They were called the castrati. They boys would grow up never having undergone puberty. They were considered great singers cause they had, on average, larger lung volume than women have. Larger lung volume can give a competitor a major advantage. Just because a boy doesn't go through puberty doesn't mean he is physically equal to a woman.

Well there's no way a transwoman who hasn't gone through male puberty is going to be able to compete with men, so I still suspect that for them competing with women is probably the best option available.

Neutering someone does not prevent puberty and they didnt have puberty blockers and hormone replacement.

Removing the testes of a guy before puberty will stop puberty from happening. That is why it was done to the castrati in Medieval Europe. What you call puberty blockers are mostly drugs that stop the testes from producing male steroids, or the ovaries from producing female steroids. Remove the testes or ovaries from an animal before puberty and they don't undergo puberty.

Yes.

Yeah.... It's always been that way. Outside of legal and medical matters, if you meet someone on the street and they say they're a woman- you just have to take them at their word. You might make a guess based on their presentation, but at the end of the day how they identify themselves is all you have to go on.

Your drawing conclusions straight from the trash can, I see. My attraction is private, it has nothing to do with the conversation, and I will not further engage with you if continue to bring it up.

Transmen are people of the female sex who identify as male. Transmen use he/him pronouns and want to be referred to as men. It'd be nice if you'd heed that.

Why are you assuming the cisman would win? They had both made it to the final round, it should be assumed they were equals. Two equal competitors fighting each other in a wrestling match is normal.

If my significant other was violent towards me, yes, I would defend myself and then call the police. Guess by your standards victims of domestic violence should just sit there and take it, huh?

Nice to know you'd defend an abuser over the abused, Joko.

On what principle should someone refrain from violence only towards women, and not men?

There is a difference of origin, chromosomes, reproductive parts, etc. Physically, a trans man who has been on hormones for a year can compete equally with a cisman.

Jesus Christ, Joko. What does my sexuality have to do with anything?

Rather than just repeating ourselves back and forth just new comments.

Could he have lost? Sure. That does not change that he will not fight a female. Wouldn't want to win nor lose.

People on your side of the topic ALWAYS refuse to mention bone structure and proportionality. Did the transman have his upper and lower leg bones shortened? Did he have his pelvis bones cut in half with a section removed on each side?

If my wife violently attacked me and not as play? I would restrain her without harming and then leave or maybe call her friends, parents - whatever seemed best since I can't actually imagine that happening. I would not hit her. I would not call the police on her. Remotely such as phone then explore options if I left, which could then include separation/break up.

What principle? My principle. I also don't steal on my principles. But also on my experiences that made those principles. In the club I would rarely see a female slap, hit or kick a man. Never did any damage. I'd/others would separate them and likely make them both leave - together or separately. I've never seen a female actually harm a male or a male seriously hurt by a female. I know it happens very rarely, but we aren't talking the topic of murder nor hyperbole examples back and forth.

I've seen females being hurt and having been hurt more times in my life than I could possibly count. Beaten, kicked, face slashed and disfigured, broken bones, raped and gang raped, and having been sadistically and torturously murdered. Always the male. That is where my "principle" comes from about hurting females. It is much stronger when it comes to children.

I will remind that the topic is you want athletic competitions that only allow females to compete or males to compete completely eliminated to enforce your "principles" on ALL females - like it or not. Competitions only between females should be banned or just not available. Even on government degree and law.

Isn't your view that ALL females can agree to live and compete under YOUR principles - or stay away from all athletic and sports competitions. And I agree the goal is to run all females out of professional sports so all the money goes to males, all the fame and to "prove" males are superior to females - even at being females physically.

Can a male defend himself against a truly dangerous violent assault by a female for which he can only defend himself by counter violence? Yeah, sure. I'm not going to play the counter hyperboles and extreme examples game.

Last edited:
Could he have lost? Sure. That does not change that he will not fight a female. Wouldn't want to win nor lose.
For one, the transmen identify as men. Calling a transman a woman or female is disrespectful as it ignores the transman's preference to be referred to as a man.

Two, there's no reason not to fight the transman. This was men's sports. Remember that they'd made it to the final round, meaning that the transman had competed and won thus far. The transman wasn't weak or at a disadvantage, and yet the cisman treated him like he was. The cisman insulted the transman's capabilities by refusing to fight him because he "doesn't want to hurt a woman."
People on your side of the topic ALWAYS refuse to mention bone structure and proportionality. Did the transman have his upper and lower leg bones shortened? Did he have his pelvis bones cut in half with a section removed on each side?
I wouldn't know, you never provided a link to this example you're talking about. Anyway, a transman is someone of the female sex who identifies as male. Cismen are people of the male sex who identify as male. Studies show that transmen, after a year of hormones, are physically more or less on the level of cismen.
If my wife violently attacked me and not as play? I would restrain her without harming and then leave or maybe call her friends, parents - whatever seemed best since I can't actually imagine that happening. I would not hit her. I would not call the police on her. Remotely such as phone then explore options if I left, which could then include separation/break up.
Well, I can respect that you'd try to do the least damage while defending yourself, but that's just not something everyone can or would want to do. If someone attacks me, I'll attack back. Enough for them to stop, and enough for them to think twice about doing it again.
I've never seen a female actually harm a male or a male seriously hurt by a female. I know it happens very rarely, but we aren't talking the topic of murder nor hyperbole examples back and forth.
It happens more often than you think. For example, weapons can be an equalizer. You also can't ignore the mental trauma that can result from living with an abusive partner, or being hurt by someone you care about. Men who are victims of domestic violence rarely report because people don't take them seriously.
you want athletic competitions that only allow females to compete or males to compete completely eliminated to enforce your "principles" on ALL females - like it or not. Competitions only between females should be banned or just not available. Even on government degree and law.
No, I don't.

My position is that transmen (FtM) should continue to compete in men's sports, as medical changes like hormones make them physically superior to most women.

Transwomen (MtF) should not be allowed to compete in most women's sports because their biology gives them an advantage. This could change, however, if we created a science-backed criteria that allowed certain transwomen without an advantage to compete in women's sports. Until then, transwomen should either be allowed to participate on men's teams if they choose, or alternatives like a transwomen's division for sports.
And I agree the goal is to run all females out of professional sports so all the money goes to males, all the fame and to "prove" males are superior to females - even at being females physically.
Um, no.

For one, the transmen identify as men. Calling a transman a woman or female is disrespectful as it ignores the transman's preference to be referred to as a man.

Two, there's no reason not to fight the transman. This was men's sports. Remember that they'd made it to the final round, meaning that the transman had competed and won thus far. The transman wasn't weak or at a disadvantage, and yet the cisman treated him like he was. The cisman insulted the transman's capabilities by refusing to fight him because he "doesn't want to hurt a woman."

I wouldn't know, you never provided a link to this example you're talking about. Anyway, a transman is someone of the female sex who identifies as male. Cismen are people of the male sex who identify as male. Studies show that transmen, after a year of hormones, are physically more or less on the level of cismen.

Well, I can respect that you'd try to do the least damage while defending yourself, but that's just not something everyone can or would want to do. If someone attacks me, I'll attack back. Enough for them to stop, and enough for them to think twice about doing it again.

It happens more often than you think. For example, weapons can be an equalizer. You also can't ignore the mental trauma that can result from living with an abusive partner, or being hurt by someone you care about. Men who are victims of domestic violence rarely report because people don't take them seriously.

No, I don't.

My position is that transmen (FtM) should continue to compete in men's sports, as medical changes like hormones make them physically superior to most women.

Transwomen (MtF) should not be allowed to compete in most women's sports because their biology gives them an advantage. This could change, however, if we created a science-backed criteria that allowed certain transwomen without an advantage to compete in women's sports. Until then, transwomen should either be allowed to participate on men's teams if they choose, or alternatives like a transwomen's division for sports.

Um, no.

Anyone, male or female, should leave an abusive relationship. I am well aware females can be very abusive. You are correct men less often report abuse or rape (99+% of time by another male).

I think we've both said our opinion on the sports topic. The topic of course is much broader. Can a male hang out in the female's changing or locker room, the women's bathroom at a remote park, government requiring schools to put a boy in overnight outing motel rooms with girls, and males overall be and go into anywhere designated as female only by government order for anything within the public domain - as that is exactly what was happening under Obama.

I've been debating with you as if you are on the exact opposite of my opinion, which of course I don't know.

I tend not to care what people I don't know think about me. I see not duty to yield to what I don't agree with because someone likes to be offended and can not tolerate not dictating how people act towards that person.

Back
Top Bottom