• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trans kids on the Republican bills targeting them: 'I'm not a problem to society'

You read the rest of my post. Do not disrespect me.
and learn.

This is how the gun nuts turned me against guns. They were so extreme that I just said **** it, there is no reasoning with these agenda driven dolts and so now I am anti gun.

Here's the thing. The studies you posted, I don't believe that they're wrong. But what you're doing is focusing so much on a couple of trees in the forest that you miss the rest of the forest. The transphobes are so hell-bent on the belief that trans girl athletes have advantages over cis girl athletes, as if that rare-to-nonexistent occurrence negates all the disadvantages trans people are forced to face.

So if you'll take a bigger look at the forest, perhaps I'll give your trees another chance. And not until then.

Here's the thing. The studies you posted, I don't believe that they're wrong. But what you're doing is focusing so much on a couple of trees in the forest that you miss the rest of the forest. The transphobes are so hell-bent on the belief that trans girl athletes have advantages over cis girl athletes, as if that rare-to-nonexistent occurrence negates all the disadvantages trans people are forced to face.

So if you'll take a bigger look at the forest, perhaps I'll give your trees another chance. And not until then.

I am not sure what you are advocating. I am simply insistent that trans women should not be allowed to participate in women/girls sports.
They can pee where they want, marry who they want, have every right they deserve as Americans. Like i said before, I would not even hesitate to date someone trans.
But you cross a line when you allow a genetic male to compete with females. At that point, it is best to tell women to screw off, all sports are now unisex. Abolish all women's sports.

I tend to not let my opponents dictate my advocacy. Ive seen incredibly toxic trans people like chaosismel, does not change one iota of my beliefs.

Every barrel has a couple of bad apples. The problem is that just like with any disadvantaged group, trans people's bad apples are held as examples of the entire group.

I am not sure what you are advocating.

Then you're not reading a word that I'm saying. That or you're letting your imagination distort what I'm saying. How about actually reading what I'm actually saying instead?

Then you're not reading a word that I'm saying. That or you're letting your imagination distort what I'm saying. How about actually reading what I'm actually saying instead?
Forest and trees? I am supposed to understand that?

What my take away from your position is that you think a reasoned approached is inadequate because if you do not grant transwomen all the right they want people will not accept any of their demands. That is not logical.

Every barrel has a couple of bad apples. The problem is that just like with any disadvantaged group, trans people's bad apples are held as examples of the entire group.
True. Im speaking more on the level of activists and personal experiences with them dont change my beliefs. If i hold a strong belief, it wouldnt matter how toxic people are to me who may advocate the same.

Conservatives don't care if someone is a problem to society.

If they are different from the 1950s ideal of a white family, the conservatives will attack them.

The truth is transgenders are no more of a problem to society than anyone else with a psychological disorder that begins at conception. Why do conservatives think their job is to condemn pediatric and psychiatric studies that proves gender dysphoria is actually not a kid's stupid decision, but a medical condition like multiple personality disorder? I never hear conservatives say we should mistreat people with MPD, which causes people to change genders, among other problems.

For those genuinely interested in the sports issue there is a non-partisan working group comprised of many athletes, some trans, some gay, some doctors, some lawyers. All want to find a solution that is as fair as possible, knowing that it will be imperfect. Those without a political axe to grind will be open to reading some of what this group has to say.

https://womenssportspolicy.org/about-us/

"Our mission is to affirm the legal permissibility of separate girls’ and women’s competitive sport teams while including all trans girls and trans women under the girls’ and women’s sports umbrella. We reject both the effort to exclude trans girls and trans women from girls’ and women’s sport and the effort to disadvantage females by forcing them to compete against some trans athletes with male sex-linked physical advantages. There is a middle way."

True. Im speaking more on the level of activists and personal experiences with them dont change my beliefs. If i hold a strong belief, it wouldnt matter how toxic people are to me who may advocate the same.

I know of one really toxic trans woman YouTuber, whom I won't give the time of day. I know some much better ones, too, such as Contrapoints.

I know of one really toxic trans woman YouTuber, whom I won't give the time of day. I know some much better ones, too, such as Contrapoints.
Blair White? Chaosismel?

Blair White? Chaosismel?

Yes, Blair White. I feel somewhat sorry for her; she has a traumatic past, and she's using attention to try to heal that trauma. She doesn't need attention; she needs help.

Yes, Blair White. I feel somewhat sorry for her; she has a traumatic past, and she's using attention to try to heal that trauma. She doesn't need attention; she needs help.
True though i think the crowd she is going with is probably going to tell her that her usefulness has expired, at that point it wont be good for her.

“Transgender kids all across the country are listening to what you say and watching what you do. The act of writing bills like this, holding hearings, and later casting votes sends a direct message to them: ‘You aren’t real to us. We don’t believe you when you tell us who you are. Your existence is dangerous to the other kids around you. We are okay if you feel lonely, isolated, and unwelcome. We are willing to take away even the smallest concessions that have been made for you because we have power and you don’t,’” the parents wrote. “Transgender folks are so tired, tired of fighting for their existence. And parents like us are tired of begging you to see our kids and treat them as full and equal members of society.”

spoiled TERFs can **** off. This is exactly what they too say to trans people.

But why is it okay for a man to hit a woman and not a man? Because the only reason I've seen is that women are all weaker and less capable, and thus should be handled with kiddie gloves, an idea which is extremely patronizing to women.

Not to mention it doesn't apply here since the transman in question was a competitor in a wrestling match who'd made it to the final round. Clearly this is not a person who is weak or incapable. Do you know how insulting it would be to be told "yeah, I can't fight you because you're weaker than me and you'll get hurt." It shows a complete lack of respect for the other party's efforts.

Sure injuries can happen, but this isn't some unrestrained beatdown. It's supervised and there's someone to step in if things go to far. There's no reason to believe this transman was going to die that day.

I think you messed up the first sentence of your message from what you wanted to say? Are you instead asking why it is ok for a man to hit a man, but not a woman?

What are you talking about? In your opinion there is no way to know who is a man or a woman. You have no way to know if anyone is a man or woman unless they first tell you - and then you have to just take their word. Obviously in terms of sex - by your messages - you are bisexual, since the only different to you is in the other person's head. However, while a person's sex is irrelevant, you may prefer one psychological gender over the other. I'm ok with that about you. That's not me.

I am not posting about psychological self identity social-gender problems people have, but rather about people's sex. I am singularly posting about females and males.

If you want a reputation of bragging beating up a female with a trophy to show off for it like you think he should want - if your girlfriend/date/wife hits you then you will slug her for the sake of equality - that's your thing. Unless you slugged her in front of me. Then we would find out if you are the first man I ever saw who hit a female a second time with his other arm.

Millions of males agree with you. Maybe tens of millions of males. Lots and lots of men have piles of reasons to hit and/or beat up females, not just you. Either a person does not hit females on principle, or has his reasons why he will and/or does.

My most known reputation was I will protect females and children, never harm one, nor touch a female without her expressed consent - and well known for hurting men who hit, hurt or try to hurt a child or female. That was way up the list of why my wife decided - though didn't say so - that I was who she was going to marry the first time she saw me and then we each told of ourselves. Prior, she only had 1 date each with 5 different men, all gentle good men who would never hit or physically hurt a female or child. But were lacking in the ability to protect a female or child - among other reasons there was no second date. She would have called a taxi to not get back into a car with you for what you are saying.

Then again she is is a female woman, not a male woman. You have explained repeatedly that to you there is no difference whatsoever. You're bisexual?

For those genuinely interested in the sports issue there is a non-partisan working group comprised of many athletes, some trans, some gay, some doctors, some lawyers. All want to find a solution that is as fair as possible, knowing that it will be imperfect. Those without a political axe to grind will be open to reading some of what this group has to say.

https://womenssportspolicy.org/about-us/

"Our mission is to affirm the legal permissibility of separate girls’ and women’s competitive sport teams while including all trans girls and trans women under the girls’ and women’s sports umbrella. We reject both the effort to exclude trans girls and trans women from girls’ and women’s sport and the effort to disadvantage females by forcing them to compete against some trans athletes with male sex-linked physical advantages. There is a middle way."

Give the t;dr for their plan.how do they equalize transwoman and woman sports? What is the middle way they have?

Give the t;dr for their plan.how do they equalize transwoman and woman sports? What is the middle way they have?

Go straight to the FAQ if you want it distilled down and simple to understand. I encourage you to read more, though. The FAQ answers pretty much all the questions people are asking and keeps it very short and simple.

Their proposal has nuance and is somewhat dynamic based on various organizations' current rules, enforcement, etc. They also propose different rules based on the individual's stage of transition, whether they have gone through puberty, etc.
Again, I encourage you to read it for yourself.
Here is a bit of it:
It is essential that we continue to safeguard girls’ and women’s sport. It is also good policy to be inclusive when doing so does not harm the female sports competition or the individuals separate sex sport is designed to protect. Congress and the Administration should make it clear that institutions governed by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Ted Stevens Olympic and Amateur Sports Act (the Sports Act), and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) will:

(1) continue to be obligated to provide males and females with equal sporting opportunities on the basis of biological sex, and

(2) be newly obligated to provide ways to include trans girls/women in girls’/women’s sports that ensure competitive fairness and playing-safety without diminishing the protection of biological females.

This two-step approach safeguards the integrity of the existing competitive sport process in which millions of girls and women participate annually. It also incrementally and thoughtfully expands the development of additional sports opportunities for emerging trans girls/women.

Go straight to the FAQ if you want it distilled down and simple to understand. I encourage you to read more, though. The FAQ answers pretty much all the questions people are asking and keeps it very short and simple.

Thanks. I didn't read it, but saw a pretty little graphic that attracted my eyes and seemed to explain it. I've been feeling lazy the past few days.

Basically:
1) no male puberty - unlimited access
2) male puberty but on hormones - no head to head competition
3) male puberty and hormones - can play.

Anyway, I have issues with it, but whatever. It's a tough one.

Thanks. I didn't read it, but saw a pretty little graphic that attracted my eyes and seemed to explain it. I've been feeling lazy the past few days.

Basically:
1) no male puberty - unlimited access
2) male puberty but on hormones - no head to head competition
3) male puberty and hormones - can play.

Anyway, I have issues with it, but whatever. It's a tough one.
Sometimes a willingness to engage in good faith makes a lot of difference :)

Demanding females accept their place is serving males and males will do all the hard physical things because males are superior to females at everything - even at being women - how progressive Democrat of you.

Why not just say what you think: that females should shut up, put on their burka and stay home servicing males because the superior males should run everything. Why beat around the bush? Just say it outright.

Demanding females accept their place is serving males and males will do all the hard physical things because males are superior to females at everything - even at being women - how progressive Democrat of you.

Why not just say what you think: that females should shut up, put on their burka and stay home servicing males because the superior males should run everything. Why beat around the bush? Just say it outright.
:LOL:😂

Why people keep responding to joko with anything but a laugh is beyond me.

It's not rare. The vast, vast majority of males are stronger and faster than females of a similar age. That advantage stays after transitioning. To say it doesn't is rejecting science because it doesn't fit in with your beliefs. You are no better than climate change deniers.

The disadvantages trans people face in other parts of society is irrelevant to the debate around sports.

Back
Top Bottom