• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Toxic Masculinity and the Gun

I suggest training at a tactical range. It's much more useful to practice in real life scenarios than standing still and plugging targets.

Did someone highjack your account?!?

There's a gun death every 13.14 minutes. It looks like guns are much more of a problem: 4 times more of a problem; than even drunk driving.

Thanks for pointing that out, Trix. We can always use another ally down here. :)

Suicides have nothing to do with the premise of the thread so give us the real figures for deaths from murder.
Stay on topic. Tell us how us how often gun deaths happen from murderer, like you did in your original post.

Suicides have nothing to do with the premise of the thread so give us the real figures for deaths from murder.
Stay on topic. Tell us how us how often gun deaths happen from murderer, like you did in your original post.

Suicide gun deaths have everything to do with gun control. But, drunk driving certainly does not.

But, I am sure you will still try to justify ten deaths by two shooters as somehow being no different than drunk driving. :doh

Suicide gun deaths have everything to do with gun control. But, drunk driving certainly does not.

But, I am sure you will still try to justify ten deaths by two shooters as somehow being no different than drunk driving. :doh

The OP, if perhaps you remember, is on Toxic Masculinity and Guns.

The OP, if perhaps you remember, is on Toxic Masculinity and Guns.

Males commit the most gun violence, by far. And, they also top the list of gun suicides. You may want to read up on that.

You're moving the goal posts, away from the premise of your thread. That's on you...
Your gun numbers listed above mean nothing compared to the death rate caused by drunk drivers because suicide by gun (at least in the year 2017) was 2/3 of the total death rate by gun.

You're moving the goal posts, away from the premise of your thread. That's on you...
Your gun numbers listed above mean nothing compared to the death rate caused by drunk drivers because suicide by gun (at least in the year 2017) was 2/3 of the total death rate by gun.

lol...you carried the goal posts out to the parking lot with your drunk driving bull****. But, thanks for proving to everyone that 4 times more people die from gun violence than drunk driving.

That was very useful. It's great to be surrounded by people who are inadvertently useful.

Males commit the most gun violence, by far. And, they also top the list of gun suicides. You may want to read up on that.

I'm familiar with both sets of data. How much of either are you blaming on "toxic masculinity", how can you support that claim, and what is your solution? I presume, perhaps naively, that you don't want to restrict the rights of those without toxic masculinity.

Gun suicides count as gun deaths. Why don’t you criticize the people whining about drunk driver deaths? Talking about those are totally irrelevant in a gun thread.
Suicide is suicide whether its done by a gun or by some other means.

Making guns harder to get will not reduce suicide it will just change the method.

I suggest training at a tactical range. It's much more useful to practice in real life scenarios than standing still and plugging targets.

I do that too but tactical ranges are harder to find, standard shooting ranges are much more common.

Yet lots of women use guns, now more than ever and its been like that ever since the Obama administration.

They also commit the most non-gun violence, too, and have triple the amount of suffocation/hanging suicides that women do. Why are you limiting the examination of "toxic masculinity" to just guns?

He's trolling. that is the entire purpose of his anti gun thread. best thing to do is ignore it

I agree.

When this person began posting murder anecdotes, my first thought was to begin posting anecdotes about defensive gun uses. But, then, I thought, it would be a waste of space and of my time. OP's purpose is to get some entertainment value out of baiting gun owners into participating in inane arguments, the outcome of which is never decided. Personally, I have decided not to engage these types of anti-gunners, except when they tell blatant lies.

Actually, I believe it is probably a good thing that these people come here to rant. It means they are not out in the real world causing mischief.

I agree.

When this person began posting murder anecdotes, my first thought was to begin posting anecdotes about defensive gun uses. But, then, I thought, it would be a waste of space and of my time. OP's purpose is to get some entertainment value out of baiting gun owners into participating in inane arguments, the outcome of which is never decided. Personally, I have decided not to engage these types of anti-gunners, except when they tell blatant lies.

Actually, I believe it is probably a good thing that these people come here to rant. It means they are not out in the real world causing mischief.

My personal favorite is his post linking DC v Heller to an increase in homicides while ignoring that the only geography that was actually affected by Heller was Washington, DC, where the homicide rate fell 33% from 2008 to 2016.

They also commit the most non-gun violence, too, and have triple the amount of suffocation/hanging suicides that women do. Why are you limiting the examination of "toxic masculinity" to just guns?

THe thread is about guns and men. You want to talk about men hanging like figs from trees, start a thread.

why are you trolling this anti gun bait?

You always say that when you have no argument but wish to ignore mass shootings.

ten dead people, two guns.

You always say that when you have no argument but wish to ignore mass shootings.

ten dead people, two guns.

So. I guess even a five round capacity limitation isn't good enough.

shrug...

Have you ever seen The Walking Dead? They could have done the same thing with an ax or a Samurai sword.

Interesting argument.

So when Rucker61 asks how a woman can protect herself from rape if she wasn't able to buy a gun, I'll tell him that women can defend themselves just as easily with an ax or sword and point him to The Walking Dead for a graphic illustration.

One man, one gun, five women dead in Florida.

One man, one gun, five people dead in Louisiana.

Florida:

Louisiana

Shot his Parents, girlfriend, her dad and brother.

Boys Gone Wild....aided by a gun.

It's not the guns. You referred to the problem in your title.

We need to figure out how and why we are creating these POS male losers and then stop doing so, or at least learn how to identify and either help or stop them.

Oh...what gun laws would have prevented these POSs from getting guns?

That is a very stupid comment.

Guns killed almost 40,000 people in the US last year--way more than drunk drivers.

Gun deaths in US rise to highest level in 20 years, data shows

And aside from the 2/3 that were suicide, now we're left with the majority of shootings between criminals and gangs.

After that, we end up with rare tragedies at the same level of drownings. I dont see anyone up in arms about banning pools and boating.

And lord knows, car deaths far exceed that number and we love our cars, we're not banning or even complaining about those. We happily accept their very real risks every day.

Let's view things more realistically so that the hypocrisy can be avoided.

So the 0P blames masculinity and guns for these two mass murders.

Let's see both were 21 years of age.

Did either of the males have a live in father to teach them how to be a man or were they raised by only a mother who possibly tried to emasculate them. Enquiring minds want to know.

Did either of these males have a history of drug abuse or on medications for psychiatric care? If they didn't have a good father chances are they may have a history of mental issues as would a drug addict.

Sounded like both had fathers in their lives.

Back
Top Bottom