• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Toxic Masculinity and the Gun

Also, just to stoke the fires. Did you know women are the number 1 thing at violently killing their own children? For some reason when they snap they target kids. Or shooting guys in their head in their sleep.

Sources?

Not only that, men very commonly kill the children of their girlfriends/wives from previous relationships. Most of it from beating them, rather than guns tho.

It's not the guns. You referred to the problem in your title.

We need to figure out how and why we are creating these POS male losers and then stop doing so, or at least learn how to identify and either help or stop them.

Oh...what gun laws would have prevented these POSs from getting guns?

I think this movie vaguely touches on why some males want to kill randomly or take their frustrations out on women in general. its a really weird freakin' movie but i think they are trying to say something. This guy draws a sunshine on his work paperwork and the bosses try to get him to kill his girlfriend and be like them. Its really weird but almost so strange it makes it worth watching.

Gun suicides count as gun deaths. Why don’t you criticize the people whining about drunk driver deaths? Talking about those are totally irrelevant in a gun thread.

It's their choice. Sick or not. Why should the rest of us be punished for their personal illness? Please answer that.

Then tell me which gun laws would prevent suicide by gun? Because the most basic tenet of the 2A is to own a firearm. Period.

So just stop using it dishonestly. Suicide is a terrible thing, and we need to examine it from the identification point of view for EVERYONE's sake, since plenty of people commit suicide without guns.

I suggest training at a tactical range. It's much more useful to practice in real life scenarios than standing still and plugging targets.

And way more fun.

Males commit the most gun violence, by far. And, they also top the list of gun suicides. You may want to read up on that.

I would think that toxic males committing suicide in any fashion would be a net positive for society.

You may want to consider that.

Sources?

Not only that, men very commonly kill the children of their girlfriends/wives from previous relationships. Most of it from beating them, rather than guns tho.

I dont even know if its true I just heard from a femanist that women are number 1 at killing their own children violently, non abortion stats.

I think this movie vaguely touches on why some males want to kill randomly or take their frustrations out on women in general. its a really weird freakin' movie but i think they are trying to say something. This guy draws a sunshine on his work paperwork and the bosses try to get him to kill his girlfriend and be like them. Its really weird but almost so strange it makes it worth watching.

No time now but I'll check it out. Thanks.

I dont even know if its true I just heard from a femanist that women are number 1 at killing their own children violently, non abortion stats.

Actually alot of women do kill their kids but mostly use 'non-violent' methods OR we should consider all killing as violent. I'm fine with either definition.

Women lean more towards 'non-violent' methods like drowning, poison, suffocation, and pushing them off bridges, etc. Or just placing some other male first in her life, ahead of her kids and letting them abuse them to death.

Interesting argument.

So when Rucker61 asks how a woman can protect herself from rape if she wasn't able to buy a gun, I'll tell him that women can defend themselves just as easily with an ax or sword and point him to The Walking Dead for a graphic illustration.

If I saw Michone walking down the street...with her Samurai sword on her back...there's no way I'd try to rape her. However, Michone also has a gun on her hip, so there's that, too.

Interesting argument.

So when Rucker61 asks how a woman can protect herself from rape if she wasn't able to buy a gun, I'll tell him that women can defend themselves just as easily with an ax or sword and point him to The Walking Dead for a graphic illustration.

Two points, then: one, there's a Bed, Bath and Beyond in every town and a 20% coupon in every mailbox. Swords and axes are available via Amazon. Why do we still have rapes? Two, why is the UK preventing women from defending themselves from rape with swords, axes or even knives?

shrug...

Have you ever seen The Walking Dead? They could have done the same thing with an ax or a Samurai sword.

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where people have a samurai sword handily stored under their beds just in case they want to go out in rage and slice up some people. Statistics have verified that countries with fewer guns have lower homicide rates. Even US states with fewer guns have fewer homicides. Japan has one of the lowest gun rate deaths in the world. Just three people were killed by guns in Japan last year.

Japan, known for its strict firearms legislation, has historically had relatively little gun crime by international standards. In 2008, the number of shooting crimes fell below 50 for the year and has remained at this level ever since. This can be attributed to a general decline in both the illegal firearms trade and the number of gangsters in possession of guns since 2005.

The fact is that tougher gun legislation would most certainly curtail the number of gun deaths in this country.

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where people have a samurai sword handily stored under their beds just in case they want to go out in rage and slice up some people. Statistics have verified that countries with fewer guns have lower homicide rates. Even US states with fewer guns have fewer homicides. Japan has one of the lowest gun rate deaths in the world. Just three people were killed by guns in Japan last year.

Japan, known for its strict firearms legislation, has historically had relatively little gun crime by international standards. In 2008, the number of shooting crimes fell below 50 for the year and has remained at this level ever since. This can be attributed to a general decline in both the illegal firearms trade and the number of gangsters in possession of guns since 2005.

The fact is that tougher gun legislation would most certainly curtail the number of gun deaths in this country.

Japan isn't really that good of an example. You might want to research the history of gun control there.

The issue isn't what "tougher" gun control would do anywhere else, or even what it would do here. The issue is whether proposed gun control is Constitutional, effective, enforceable, would be enforced and is necessary.

Japan isn't really that good of an example. You might want to research the history of gun control there.

The issue isn't what "tougher" gun control would do anywhere else, or even what it would do here. The issue is whether proposed gun control is Constitutional, effective, enforceable, would be enforced and is necessary.

Trust me, I have.

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where people have a samurai sword handily stored under their beds just in case they want to go out in rage and slice up some people.
Some people do.

Statistics have verified that countries with fewer guns have lower homicide rates. Even US states with fewer guns have fewer homicides. Japan has one of the lowest gun rate deaths in the world. Just three people were killed by guns in Japan last year.

Japan might have a lower gun death rate than the USA but that doesn't mean it has a lower premature death rate overall.

Do you know that most gun deaths in the USA are suicides? And yet Japan, despite all its super strict gun control, has a much higher suicide rate than the USA.

Some people do.

Japan might have a lower gun death rate than the USA but that doesn't mean it has a lower premature death rate overall.

Do you know that most gun deaths in the USA are suicides? And yet Japan, despite all its super strict gun control, has a much higher suicide rate than the USA.

'premature deaths' and deaths from gun violence are two entirely different topics altogether.

You always say that when you have no argument but wish to ignore mass shootings.

ten dead people, two guns.

those actions are illegal-you are trolling

actually , the stuff many liberals want, would cause a civil war and lots of deaths

Trust me, I have.

So you're familiar with their gun control imposed by the Tokugawa Shogunate, along with the loss of all other civil rights, and how those hundreds of years of tyranny drove their culture to its current acceptance of laws that the US would not and count not?

Is that a threat?

Are you trolling? If a government starts harassing millions of people for exercising their rights, I am merely PREDICTING what would happen.

One man, one gun, five women dead in Florida.

One man, one gun, five people dead in Louisiana.

Florida:

Louisiana

Shot his Parents, girlfriend, her dad and brother.

Boys Gone Wild....aided by a gun.

And how many people had those same types of guns and did not kill anyone?

Guns, and owning guns, are not the cause of violence.

When I was at Bagram Air Base, there several thousand people there, over 90% armed, and armed with semi-automatic pistols, select fire rifles, grenade launchers, light an medium machine guns. And yet...although we had crime, and arguments and fights, things never turned into random shootouts and everything settled by firearms. We effectively had a small city where everyone was heavily armed and there were no gun crimes. Huh.

So I don’t think guns are the precipitating factor for violence and therefore keeping them from people with no history of violence or reason to believe they will be, doesn’t make much sense.

The fact is, the 2nd Amendment says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Back
Top Bottom