• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Topics For 1st Presidential Debate Released

If it’s helpful to Joe Biden that Donald Trump has to answer questions about his own record, I guess that’s more of a statement about Donald Trump’s own record.
Of course. And Trump will eagerly talk about his record...which is pretty damned good. And Biden will have to answer questions about HIS record (hopefully)...which, of course, he'll say is pretty damned good. And the viewers will decide for themselves.

But the last thing we need is Wallace injecting himself into the debate.

Wallace is a never-Trump and never hesitates to call anyone he is interviewing a liar if that person is in disagreement with Wallace's opinion. I can't stand his fake voice either, like some 1950s radio announcer for a baseball game.
I agree...and if Wallace brings that to the debate, I'll tune out.

I sense a gaffe-ridden crap show of epic proportions, but I could be pleasantly surprised. The optimist in me says Wallace will keep things on point, but I'm not sure what's going to keep Trump and Biden on point. I still have a hard time believing we're at a point in time where this is the best the US has to offer for leaders of the country. I'm going to have to try really hard to not cry into my soup.

Selected by Mr Chris Wallace his damn self:

What to watch: Topics for the Sept. 29 debate will include Trump and Biden's records, the Supreme Court, COVID-19, economic policy, racism and the integrity of the election, the Commission for Presidential Debates announced on Tuesday. Each topic will receive 15 minutes of conversation and will be presented in no particular order.

Trump and racism is gonna be a hoot.
How many times will Wallace emit his nervous laugh when he loses control of the debate? I say the over/under is 100.

Racism is a hoax in Trump's America, there is no racism in this country.

images
I am sure Trump will claim he is best think to happen for "the blacks" since Lincoln. I hope Biden has some good stuff prepared for that stupidity

All very good timely & pertinent topics, I must admit!

'Racism' & 'Election Integrity' are going to be Trump minefields, I think. He'll probably just keep declaring the election & mail-in voting are 'frauds', which might not play so well in a moderated debate. He won't be in control, as he usually is when he spouts nonsense.
Trump is going to brag. He gave himself an A plus on his COVID response, and he is the best thing that ever happened to black people since Lincoln.

Since it takes your posting a fake photo to make your claim proves you got nothing.
Don't you worry about the photo joko104, that hat doesn't MAKE the racist.....the racist does that all by himself.

Name just ONE RACIST THING Donald Trump has ever said or did!
Huh? Auntie did you come down with the Biden malady and forget which side you are on?

All of them.

It's not his job to deal with whatever he thinks are lies. He's just the moderator.

It's Biden's job to deal with the lies...if he can.

I agree. The job of the moderator is to insist that the answer/rebuttal remains on topic - not to evaluate its accuracy. Staying on topic also seems to be very hard thing for Trump to do.

I sense a gaffe-ridden crap show of epic proportions, but I could be pleasantly surprised. The optimist in me says Wallace will keep things on point, but I'm not sure what's going to keep Trump and Biden on point. I still have a hard time believing we're at a point in time where this is the best the US has to offer for leaders of the country. I'm going to have to try really hard to not cry into my soup.

Well, if you Ds had done a better job in 2016, we wouldn’t have had Hilarity NOR Trump, so that’s on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if you Ds had done a better job in 2016, we wouldn’t have had Hilarity NOR Trump, so that’s on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a Democrat. That people voted for Trump is on the voters who chose to do so.

That's why I questioned Chomsky. I don't see it being a minefield for the President.

So you can’t even name ONE RACIST THING Donald Trump has ever said or did.

Mr. Vice President, you've been in public office for 47 years, yet there is no record of you accomplishing anything in that time, can you explain?

Mr. Biden, you've spent your life in government, never making more than $200,000 a year, yet you are worth over a hundred million dollars, how is that possible?

Mr. Biden, do you consider yourself to be the property of the Peoples Republic Of China? Bought and paid for?
None of these questions would be difficult to deal with, they’re insane.

Mr. Vice President, you've been in public office for 47 years, yet there is no record of you accomplishing anything in that time, can you explain?

Brings out a list of all the bills he was involved in.... and it is pretty long. Or he could counter with, "What exactly have you accomplished Donald?" and tear him apart on the facts.

Mr. Biden, you've spent your life in government, never making more than $200,000 a year, yet you are worth over a hundred million dollars, how is that possible?

Sound investments unlike you. How many bankruptcies is it now Donald? Also Donald, where are those tax returns?

Mr. Biden, do you consider yourself to be the property of the Peoples Republic Of China? Bought and paid for?

No, but we all know that you are the property or patsy of Putin and Russia. Dont know which is worse.

Of course. And Trump will eagerly talk about his record...which is pretty damned good. And Biden will have to answer questions about HIS record (hopefully)...which, of course, he'll say is pretty damned good. And the viewers will decide for themselves.

But the last thing we need is Wallace injecting himself into the debate.
The record convo should be easy for Trump. He has claimed 2017 - 2019 the greatest in our history.

Cakewalk

So you can’t even name ONE RACIST THING Donald Trump has ever said or did.
Nothing comes to mind that is worthy of bring up in a debate. As opposed to Biden's extensive history of racist comments and votes in the Congress.

All very good timely & pertinent topics, I must admit!

'Racism' & 'Election Integrity' are going to be Trump minefields, I think. He'll probably just keep declaring the election & mail-in voting are 'frauds', which might not play so well in a moderated debate. He won't be in control, as he usually is when he spouts nonsense.
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what random number Biden cites for COVID deaths - ten million, twenty five, Corn Pop? :ROFLMAO:

Nothing comes to mind that is worthy of bring up in a debate. As opposed to Biden's extensive history of racist comments and votes in the Congress.

So not a single thing comes to mind. Should be pretty easy for President Trump then.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what random number Biden cites for COVID deaths - ten million, twenty five, Corn Pop? :ROFLMAO:
So you think the issue of covid dead will be a problematic topic for Joe Biden?

So not a single thing comes to mind. Should be pretty easy for President Trump then.
Did you have some RACIST THINGS Donald Trump has ever said or did?

Brings out a list of all the bills he was involved in.... and it is pretty long. Or he could counter with, "What exactly have you accomplished Donald?" and tear him apart on the facts.
"Bills he's been involved in"? Like those naming "The Richard Byrd Memorial Library"? Or those he signed on as a "me too" sponsor?

PeteEU said:
Sound investments unlike you. How many bankruptcies is it now Donald? Also Donald, where are those tax returns?
Any more cliches?

PeteEU said:
No, but we all know that you are the property or patsy of Putin and Russia. Dont know which is worse.
Yeah, the "Putin Patsy" that is pushing to strengthen NATO; increasing our petroleum production to cut Russia's profits and moving anti-air batteries into eastern European Countries". You just spew the talking points your controllers give you without thinking, right?

So you think the issue of covid dead will be a problematic topic for Joe Biden?
Considering he can't spout a sensible or consistent answer, yeah it'll be a problem. His latest power 200 million.

Back
Top Bottom