• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Tony Snow to replace McClellan

Re: Fox pundit to replace Mcullan

kmhowe72 said:
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060425221309990002&ncid=NWS00010000000001:rofl

Well three press secratary's you think they would get it right by now.:rofl :rofl

Year(s) ----- Name ----- President

2006–present --- Tony Snow --- George W. Bush
2003–2006 --- Scott McClellan --- George W. Bush
2001–2003 --- Ari Fleischer --- George W. Bush

2000–2001 --- Jake Siewert --- Bill Clinton
1998–2000 --- Joe Lockhart --- Bill Clinton
1994–1998 --- Mike McCurry --- Bill Clinton
1993–1994 --- Dee Dee Myers --- Bill Clinton

1989–1993 --- Marlin Fitzwater --- George H. W. Bush

1987–1989 --- Marlin Fitzwater† --- Ronald Reagan
1981–1987 --- Larry Speakes† --- Ronald Reagan
1981–1989 --- James Brady‡ --- Ronald Reagan

1977–1981 --- Jody Powell --- Jimmy Carter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Press_Secretary

Yeah, they're right on par...(look who had 4 of them - I guess they didn't get it right until then - :rofl)

Arthur Fonzarelli said:
Yeah, they're right on par...(look who had 4 of them - I guess they didn't get it right until then - :rofl)

I think it's silly to laugh that the administration is replacing the person who without a doubt has one of the hardest jobs in Washington. But with almost 3 years to go I think it's stupid to laugh at Clinton for having 1 more press secretary over his full 8 years.

I wonder if Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh feel snubbed?

KCConservative said:
Welcome to the forum, howe. FYI, Press Secretaries come and go like the winter snowfalls. Clinton had 4. :lol: Thanks for playing. :2wave:

Oh, Clinton had 4. Boy, I wish someone would have brought up that point earlier.

millsy said:
Oh, Clinton had 4. Boy, I wish someone would have brought up that point earlier.
I agree. Had the original poster known this simple fact, this silly thread never would have been written.

millsy said:
I think it's silly to laugh that the administration ......

I agree, silly silly silly.

There's nothing to see here folks, now move along.

millsy said:
I agree, silly silly silly.

Did you just agree with your own post? :lol: :2wave:

Gibberish said:
Did you just agree with your own post? :lol: :2wave:
NO NO NO, I was showing KC that I had ALREADY said that the post was silly.

millsy said:
I think it's silly to laugh that the administration is replacing the person who without a doubt has one of the hardest jobs in Washington. But with almost 3 years to go I think it's stupid to laugh at Clinton for having 1 more press secretary over his full 8 years.

the :rofl was just part of the absurdness of the entire thread - certainly with three years to go GWB could end up with yet another press secretary. Just using sarcasm to point out how absurd this is...have a nice day :2razz:

Mod note: closed other threads to have all discussion filter in here as this was the longest thread. Changed title to be more accurate as well.

Arthur Fonzarelli said:
Year(s) ----- Name ----- President

2006–present --- Tony Snow --- George W. Bush
2003–2006 --- Scott McClellan --- George W. Bush
2001–2003 --- Ari Fleischer --- George W. Bush

2000–2001 --- Jake Siewert --- Bill Clinton
1998–2000 --- Joe Lockhart --- Bill Clinton
1994–1998 --- Mike McCurry --- Bill Clinton
1993–1994 --- Dee Dee Myers --- Bill Clinton

1989–1993 --- Marlin Fitzwater --- George H. W. Bush

1987–1989 --- Marlin Fitzwater† --- Ronald Reagan
1981–1987 --- Larry Speakes† --- Ronald Reagan
1981–1989 --- James Brady‡ --- Ronald Reagan

1977–1981 --- Jody Powell --- Jimmy Carter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Press_Secretary

It looks like the guy that started this thread did not do his homework my friend.......:roll:

Tony Snow is a good man, liked by both Conservatives and Liberals....He will do a great job.......

At least now we will all know that after the press conferences we have been completly "Snowed". Hahaha.... j/k

I got no beef with Snow. In fact, I always thought him to be a moderate conservative that is as fair and balanced as one could be and still have a job. He's just a mouthpiece anyways. All press secretary's are just mouthpieces anyways, right? They don't make policy, they just announce it.

Snow's quick on his feet. He'll do good. I do have to wonder, however, if the things he has to report and the following spin that ensues, will damage his personal credibility.

hipsterdufus said:
It should be a smooth transition from Snow lying at Fox to schilling for the pres. I think they should have given the job to Hannity myself.....

I wonder if the press will ask him about any of the following statements he made:
See signature:

Question for you hipsterdufas. Have you listened to Snow's radio show for any length of time?

hipsterdufus said:
It should be a smooth transition from Snow lying at Fox ...

Without any evidence to this, the only lie is in your post and your rabid jealousy is plain to see. Congratulations.

KCConservative said:
Without any evidence to this, the only lie is in your post and your rabid jealousy is plain to see. Congratulations.
Can of worms, KCConservative. KCConservative meet can of worms:

FOX's Snow lied about Navy documents to defend Swift Boat Vets attacks
Referring to widely discredited attacks on Senator John Kerry by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, FOX News Channel and FOX News Radio host Tony Snow falsely claimed that "there has been no documentary contradiction of the swift boat stuff." In fact, multiple documents contradict the anti-Kerry group's accusations and corroborate Kerry's version of events. As the Los Angeles Times reported on August 20: "Military documents and accounts of crewmates who did serve with Kerry support the view put forth by the candidate and his campaign -- that he acted courageously and came by his five medals honestly."

I wish sites like mediamatters presented the entire can of worms and not just partisan parts. I remember this story and hearing Snow correct his error. A mistake, sure. A lie, hardly.

I repeat that Snow is a good pick in my opinion.

But on the other hand, this pretty much validates my suspicions regarding the White House and FOX being in collusion all these years.:roll:

But that's no big surprise I suppose.

shuamort said:
Can of worms, KCConservative. KCConservative meet can of worms:

FOX's Snow lied about Navy documents to defend Swift Boat Vets attacks

If Kerry is such a hero as you claim all he has to do it release his form 80 that describes his so called heroic deeds and the medals awarded for them...........He hasn't done it and he never will because he is a liar, a coward, and a traitor to his fellow Viiet Nam Vets.........

There was a picture published before the lections showing all the officers that served with Kerry on the swiftboats.......Out of about 20 officers in the pictures only a couple supported Kerry........There is a reason for that my friend......

Navy Pride said:
If Kerry is such a hero as you claim

Navy Pride, it looks like you're back to the same lame tricks.

SHOW ME WHERE I CLAIMED ANY SUCH THING.

If not, you're just a partisan hack and a liar. We'll all wait breathlessly while you try to get yourself out from under this rock. Good luck.

shuamort said:
Navy Pride, it looks like you're back to the same lame tricks.

SHOW ME WHERE I CLAIMED ANY SUCH THING.

If not, you're just a partisan hack and a liar. We'll all wait breathlessly while you try to get yourself out from under this rock. Good luck.

Well you defending him.............you must hold him in high esteem........:confused:

didn't you cite this:

Referring to widely discredited attacks on Senator John Kerry by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, FOX News Channel and FOX News Radio host Tony Snow falsely claimed that "there has been no documentary contradiction of the swift boat stuff." In fact, multiple documents contradict the anti-Kerry group's accusations and corroborate Kerry's version of events. As the Los Angeles Times reported on August 20: "Military documents and accounts of crewmates who did serve with Kerry support the view put forth by the candidate and his campaign -- that he acted courageously and came by his five medals honestly."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom