• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Today's Trump Lie.

Sure, the President fibs.

So do Senators.
So do Representatives.
So do governors.
So do mayors.

" Governments are run by liars and nothing they say should be believed."

-- I.F. Stone, journalist (1907 - 1984)

FIBS? Really? Politicians twist and manipulate words. They rarely flat out lie, and cerrtainly not about stupid meaninglees stuff that's easily checked. Trump's lies are constant and pathological. He has no boundaries.

The man who is good at making an excuse, is seldom good at any thing else.
-- Unknown; D. Akenhead and Sons, Ed.; Liber Facetiarum: Being a Collection of Curious and Interesting Anecdotes, Anecdotes of D.F.

Evangelicals reconcile their forbearance of Trump with their alleged devotion to God. The instant I see such a person do so, I know they are FoS. Patently clear in Proverbs 6:16-19, is God's antipathy toward liars:

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

That is not the only passage in which lying and, by implication, liars are execrated. Some others include:
The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy.
-- Proverbs 12:22

An honest witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies.
-- Proverbs 14:5

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
-- John 8:44

Do not lie to each other.
-- Colossians 3:9

Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
-- Revelation 22:15​

And, of course, there is the Commandment that declares clearly that lying is a sin:
Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
-- Exodus 20:16

Alone, Trump's lies should be sufficient for them to abjure having anything to do with Trump, and yet Evangelicals deign to conjure myriad exculpations for their forbearance of Trump and for Trump himself, which by their own faith constitutes rebellion against God's word....

For you are free, yet you are God’s slaves, so don’t use your freedom as an excuse to do evil.
-- 1 Peter 2:16

There is more hope for fools than for people who think they are wise. The lazy person claims, “There’s a lion on the road! Yes, I’m sure there’s a lion out there!” As a door swings back and forth on its hinges, so the lazy person turns over in bed. Lazy people take food in their hand but don’t even lift it to their mouth. Lazy people consider themselves smarter than seven wise counselors.
-- Proverbs 26:12-16

They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin.
-- John 15:22

Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning.
-- 1 John 3:8-10​

The man who is good at making an excuse, is seldom good at any thing else.
-- Unknown; D. Akenhead and Sons, Ed.; Liber Facetiarum: Being a Collection of Curious and Interesting Anecdotes, Anecdotes of D.F.

Evangelicals reconcile their forbearance of Trump with their alleged devotion to God. The instant I see such a person do so, I know they are FoS. Patently clear in Proverbs 6:16-19, is God's antipathy toward liars:

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

That is not the only passage in which lying and, by implication, liars are execrated. Some others include:
The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy.
-- Proverbs 12:22

An honest witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies.
-- Proverbs 14:5

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
-- John 8:44

Do not lie to each other.
-- Colossians 3:9

Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
-- Revelation 22:15​

And, of course, there is the Commandment that declares clearly that lying is a sin:
Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
-- Exodus 20:16

Alone, Trump's lies should be sufficient for them to abjure having anything to do with Trump, and yet Evangelicals deign to conjure myriad exculpations for their forbearance of Trump and for Trump himself, which by their own faith constitutes rebellion against God's word....

For you are free, yet you are God’s slaves, so don’t use your freedom as an excuse to do evil.
-- 1 Peter 2:16

There is more hope for fools than for people who think they are wise. The lazy person claims, “There’s a lion on the road! Yes, I’m sure there’s a lion out there!” As a door swings back and forth on its hinges, so the lazy person turns over in bed. Lazy people take food in their hand but don’t even lift it to their mouth. Lazy people consider themselves smarter than seven wise counselors.
-- Proverbs 26:12-16

They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin.
-- John 15:22

Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning.
-- 1 John 3:8-10​

LOL :lamo:funny

For adept readers, here are some links to research on lying:

[*]Men lie most about things they think will boost their social status; women lie most about their appearance.

That's the same thing and really a statement on society not gender.

oh the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would think of it as fixating on something trivial also if Trump was a normal President. According to reports his work day starts at 11am. If he were delayed because of any number of things we could excuse him if he were normal.
A lot of things are likely set in motion when a President announces he is in the oval office working. All Presidents lie or spin but this President has set a new standard for lies and obfuscation. It can be said that Presidents are never off the job but as far as office hours go this President works less than any modern President.

This morning, Trump tweeted at 10:37AM that he was in the Oval office.

At 11:02am the press pool were informed by the WH that as of 11:00am there was no Marine posted outside of the West Wing.

Both of those statements can not be true. He even lies about what room he's in!

The democrat hyenas sit just outside the WH speculating what new thing their archenemy Trump lion might be doing and what they can do to kill him and eat him.

In a way, I'm glad you're admitting the failures of past GOP president's. But as I said, it's still early. Trump is doing enough to please the GOP establishment, which is why they are doing everything possible to cover for him, and why he's certainly pleasing self identified "Republicans". Had Donald Trump done what Donald Trump really wanted to do, the two recent supreme court picks would have been the complete opposite of what you got, and that's just one example.

Unfortunately, Dems used to be not so much a war party but that has changed...they are almost more for globalization so there are many ways where the GOP and the Dems aren't any different.

I would think of it as fixating on something trivial also if Trump was a normal President. According to reports his work day starts at 11am. If he were delayed because of any number of things we could excuse him if he were normal.
A lot of things are likely set in motion when a President announces he is in the oval office working. All Presidents lie or spin but this President has set a new standard for lies and obfuscation. It can be said that Presidents are never off the job but as far as office hours go this President works less than any modern President.

While true...the media has also set a new standard of lies and obfuscation in the era of Trump.

While true...the media has also set a new standard of lies and obfuscation in the era of Trump.

There is bias and news reporters make errors. If the reporter and organization catch the error they apologize if they are honorable. The implication of bias is that it is unfair, not that it isn't true. I have lived in the time of 12 Presidents so far. Nixon had a lot of animosity towards the press. It takes a lot to out do Nixon in this regard but Trump has done it. Because I have a perspective on which to look I believe it is more Trumps fault than it is the media's fault although they bear some responsibility. Jill Abramson accused her former newspaper of bias against Trump. Jimmy Carter said he believed the press was too hard on Trump. I believe Trump brings a lot of it on himself. Just tweeting alone is responsible for a large volume of reporting and impetus for stories to be written. No other President did this to the degree Trump has. Outside of tweeting is the sheer volume of utterances, behaviors, and actions that must be reported on. If it is true it is not fake news.

1. Show me a President that hasn't lied his ass off.

2. Never said I was "fine with it". Stop making stuff up.

3. It's so utterly stupid to fixate over something so inconsequential. Only those with low IQ, self-control issues, or some other issue probably due to anxiety or instability of some sort cares about such a thing as this.

What a joke. You're embarrassing yourself as you desperately try to make excuses for your cult leader. Your comment is so vapid that it's not even worth a response.

There is bias and news reporters make errors. If the reporter and organization catch the error they apologize if they are honorable. The implication of bias is that it is unfair, not that it isn't true. I have lived in the time of 12 Presidents so far. Nixon had a lot of animosity towards the press. It takes a lot to out do Nixon in this regard but Trump has done it. Because I have a perspective on which to look I believe it is more Trumps fault than it is the media's fault although they bear some responsibility. Jill Abramson accused her former newspaper of bias against Trump. Jimmy Carter said he believed the press was too hard on Trump. I believe Trump brings a lot of it on himself. Just tweeting alone is responsible for a large volume of reporting and impetus for stories to be written. No other President did this to the degree Trump has. Outside of tweeting is the sheer volume of utterances, behaviors, and actions that must be reported on. If it is true it is not fake news.

He doesn't do himself any favors, which is why it's strange the press just doesn't go with factual reporting instead of making things up or reporting with no corroboration.

oh the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You too must be too young but what the right (GOP) did to Clinton was a whole lot more than what people know for a fact

about trump...a pathological liar. And Clinton was supposed be an immoral creep and either resign over one lie about an intern

or be impeached for which articles were drawn and voted on. If Clinton or Obama did a fraction of what we know about trump,

they would already be out of office looking at jail. But not now, this piece of scum...is just ok for the right of today.

Now the entire right wing and GOP are lucky there is no hell for them to go.

BTW on that note, did our fine young servicemen here, get ther 10 percent raise yet ?

Don't hold your breath.

What a joke. You're embarrassing yourself as you desperately try to make excuses for your cult leader. Your comment is so vapid that it's not even worth a response.

It's interesting you felt that was a valid response.

1. Show me a President that hasn't lied his ass off.

2. Never said I was "fine with it". Stop making stuff up.

3. It's so utterly stupid to fixate over something so inconsequential. Only those with low IQ, self-control issues, or some other issue probably due to anxiety or instability of some sort cares about such a thing as this.

Or you are right, Reagan lied right through his teeth from the day Poindexter resigned because after all,

all Ronnie did was commit treason by agreeing to and selling missiles to Iran a known terrorist country

and sponsors of the murder of 241 marines under Reagan. Heh...no big deal right ?

And only to delay the release of hostages to make 'morning in America again' and look like Reagan got them released.

Then committed a crime in using the money to fund a congressionally outlawed war to kill Nicaraguans

Reagan was scum too, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Gee Nixon, Reagan, Bush II, now trump. Republicans are the party of capital...and criminal scum now.

I wonder how Scooter Libby feels now about the repubs and the neocons these days. Go look it up.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Dems used to be not so much a war party but that has changed...they are almost more for globalization so there are many ways where the GOP and the Dems aren't any different.

You won't get an argument from me. I don't particularly like them either, and only voted straight ticket Dem in 2018 because I believe Trump and the GOP are worse. You had bad, and worse, and what's worse depends largely on where people lean politically.

Or you are right, Reagan lied right through his teeth from the day Poindexter resigned because after all,

all Ronnie did was commit treason by agreeing to and selling missiles to Iran a known terrorist country

and sponsors of the murder of 241 marines under Reagan. Heh...no big deal right ?

And only to delay the release of hostages to make 'morning in America again' and look like Reagan got them released.

Then committed a crime in using the money to fund a congressionally outlawed war to kill Nicaraguans

Reagan was scum too, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Gee Nixon, Reagan, Bush II, now trump. Republicans are the party of capital...and criminal scum now.

I wonder how Scooter Libby feels now about the repubs and the neocons these days. Go look it up.

Wonder why only Rs mad your list.

Back
Top Bottom