• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

To Avoid Looking Like a Criminal, Don't Commit a Crime

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Ann Coulter
July 17, 2013

Black liberals keep bemoaning the danger to their own teenage sons after the "not guilty" verdict in George Zimmerman's murder trial. To avoid what happened to Trayvon Martin, their boys need only follow this advice: Don't walk up to a stranger and punch him, ground-and-pound him, MMA-style, and repeatedly smash his head against the pavement.

The Justice-for-Trayvon crowd keeps pretending there hasn't been a trial where the evidence overwhelmingly showed that Trayvon committed the first (and only) crime that night by assaulting Zimmerman. Instead, the race agitators are sticking with the original story peddled by the media, back when we had zero facts. To wit, that Zimmerman had stalked a young black child and shot him dead just for being black and wearing a hoodie.

Dozens of these hair-on-fire racism stories are retold in my book, Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama. In the golden age of racial demagoguery, they came at a pace of about one a year. Al Sharpton was usually involved.

A normal person would hear some of the more outlandish allegations and think, "I can't believe it!" not meaning, "Wow! What a blockbuster story!" but rather, "I would like to hear the facts because I literally don't believe it." (That was much of America's reaction to the media's claim last year that a neighborhood-watch captain in Florida had hunted down a black teenager and shot him dead just for wearing a hoodie.)

Whenever a much-celebrated claim of racism turned out to be false -- which was almost always -- you'd just stop hearing about it. There would never be a clippable story admitting that the media's harrumphing had been in error: Attention, readers! That story we've been howling about for several months turned out to be a complete fraud.

Read more:
http://townhall.com/columnists/annc...iminal-dont-commit-a-crime-n1643187/page/full

Well said Ann...

Heya WW. :2wave: Uh oh.....now ya gone and done it. Brought out Ann Coulter. The Progressives will surely gone into meltdown mode. :lol:

By Ann Coulter
July 17, 2013

Black liberals keep bemoaning the danger to their own teenage sons after the "not guilty" verdict in George Zimmerman's murder trial. To avoid what happened to Trayvon Martin, their boys need only follow this advice: Don't walk up to a stranger and punch him, ground-and-pound him, MMA-style, and repeatedly smash his head against the pavement.

The Justice-for-Trayvon crowd keeps pretending there hasn't been a trial where the evidence overwhelmingly showed that Trayvon committed the first (and only) crime that night by assaulting Zimmerman. Instead, the race agitators are sticking with the original story peddled by the media, back when we had zero facts. To wit, that Zimmerman had stalked a young black child and shot him dead just for being black and wearing a hoodie.

Dozens of these hair-on-fire racism stories are retold in my book, Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama. In the golden age of racial demagoguery, they came at a pace of about one a year. Al Sharpton was usually involved.

A normal person would hear some of the more outlandish allegations and think, "I can't believe it!" not meaning, "Wow! What a blockbuster story!" but rather, "I would like to hear the facts because I literally don't believe it." (That was much of America's reaction to the media's claim last year that a neighborhood-watch captain in Florida had hunted down a black teenager and shot him dead just for wearing a hoodie.)

Whenever a much-celebrated claim of racism turned out to be false -- which was almost always -- you'd just stop hearing about it. There would never be a clippable story admitting that the media's harrumphing had been in error: Attention, readers! That story we've been howling about for several months turned out to be a complete fraud.

Read more:
http://townhall.com/columnists/annc...iminal-dont-commit-a-crime-n1643187/page/full

Well said Ann...

Holder said something to the effect, "I never thought I'd have to have a conversation with MY son about how to act if he's stopped by a police officer." (His father had that talk with him.) My very first thought was that every father should have that talk with his son. *shrug*

I say that, not because Zimmerman was a cop -- because, of course, he wasn't -- but because one of the things people should talk to their kids about is the inadvisability of pounding on anyone for any reason. These MMA fake street fights are ridiculous. They're wrong. If I found my son doing something like that? I'd MMA his ass myself.

Good parents teach their kids not to lay hands on anyone -- white, black, green or purple. And good kids listen.

As for her comment about getting more facts and dismissing the wrong ones? I did that just today with a thread that started out saying a man (or two) killed two white young men because they had a bumper sticker supporting Zimmerman on their car. I was temporarily outraged. Five posts later, it came out that the two young men were selling drugs and the other guys robbed and killed them. Case closed.

Martin supporters should be as intelligent. But they're not.

Saint Trayvon turned out to be a thug

Tragic situation but Zimmerman is not a racist. The jury has spoken. That's our system.

Accept it and move on. Stop trying to make this a race issue. Most young blacks are killed by other blacks. Never a peep from any of these supposed champions of race when blacks are killing other blacks, or when all the black babies are murdered in the womb before they even get a chance at life. The narrative must be Whites are bad. Whites are the racists. It's not fair. America is a racist country. GET OVER IT. Nobody hasn't own a *&^%$# slave in more than 150 years. Enough with the guilt projection. Trayvon attacked an armed individual and paid for it with his life. A horrible tragedy? YES. If only Trayvon's parents had gotten to him sooner and turned him from the path he was on. You heard Jeantel, (pure sociopathic trash milking this for all it's worth) state Trayvon went back and attacked Zimmerman. They both believed Zimmerman was a gay rapist and Trayvon didn't want Zimmerman to follow him to his house. It's was a bad situation but stop trying to make it about race.

It's gotten this ridiculous

Investigate the racial context behind Martin

By Ann Coulter

That's all I read. Then I stopped. That woman is hateful is anyone I've ever seen, and anyone who gives any credence to anything she says has my sympathy. She is worse than Hannity and Rush Limbaugh combined.

That's all I read. Then I stopped. That woman is hateful is anyone I've ever seen, and anyone who gives any credence to anything she says has my sympathy. She is worse than Hannity and Rush Limbaugh combined.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

That's all I read. Then I stopped.
That woman is hateful is anyone I've ever seen, and anyone who gives any credence to anything she says has my sympathy. She is worse than Hannity and Rush Limbaugh combined.

Aaaaahhhhh. There you go.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Did you read the article? Let me quote from it:

Perhaps, someday, blacks will win the right to be treated like volitional human beings. But not yet.

Is the clock still right?

Did you read the article? Let me quote from it:

Is the clock still right?

I skimmed it. Missed that. However, it doesn't make any sense. What do you take that to mean?

I skimmed it. Missed that. However, it doesn't make any sense. What do you take that to mean?

I took it to mean what it literally says. When I saw that quote(from someplace outside the article, I then searched on the board here figuring some one would be commenting on it), my first thought was that it was out of context. Sadly, it turned out to not be the case.

Ann speaks unvarnished truth. Sorry that's so tough to hear in this day of political correctness. Dr. Carson has a few things to say about that as well.

I've always been amused by those who say and act that everyone who disagrees with me is hateful. You don't know Ann, you don't know Sean and you certainly don't know Rush. However, as long as you think you're getting truth good on ya mate.

It means that someday they will stop being lead around by their noses by the democrats and self imposed "black" leaders and start to think for themselves.

Ann speaks unvarnished truth. Sorry that's so tough to hear in this day of political correctness. Dr. Carson has a few things to say about that as well.

I've always been amused by those who say and act that everyone who disagrees with me is hateful. You don't know Ann, you don't know Sean and you certainly don't know Rush. However, as long as you think you're getting truth good on ya mate.

You can't be drinking that Koolaid.

Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, Coulter, Sharpton, Jackson and Maddow are all snake oil salespeople looking to line their own pockets.

Anything that they do or say is for personal gain in selling their own wares.

Using their first name insinuates that you are a believer, which is bad.

Last edited:
Saint Trayvon turned out to be a thug

Tragic situation but Zimmerman is not a racist. The jury has spoken. That's our system.

Accept it and move on. Stop trying to make this a race issue. Most young blacks are killed by other blacks. Never a peep from any of these supposed champions of race when blacks are killing other blacks, or when all the black babies are murdered in the womb before they even get a chance at life. The narrative must be Whites are bad. Whites are the racists. It's not fair. America is a racist country. GET OVER IT. Nobody hasn't own a *&^%$# slave in more than 150 years. Enough with the guilt projection. Trayvon attacked an armed individual and paid for it with his life. A horrible tragedy? YES. If only Trayvon's parents had gotten to him sooner and turned him from the path he was on. You heard Jeantel, (pure sociopathic trash milking this for all it's worth) state Trayvon went back and attacked Zimmerman. They both believed Zimmerman was a gay rapist and Trayvon didn't want Zimmerman to follow him to his house. It's was a bad situation but stop trying to make it about race.

It's gotten this ridiculous

Investigate the racial context behind Martin

would he still be found innocent if martin was white

thats what l wonder

Last edited:
I took it to mean what it literally says. When I saw that quote(from someplace outside the article, I then searched on the board here figuring some one would be commenting on it), my first thought was that it was out of context. Sadly, it turned out to not be the case.

What does it mean? What is a volitional human being?? Edit: Never mind.

It means that someday they will stop being lead around by their noses by the democrats and self imposed "black" leaders and start to think for themselves.

Thanks Keymanjim. I looked up the definition of the word and still couldn't put it in context.

I don't disagree.

What does it mean? What is a volitional human being?? Edit: Never mind.

Thanks Keymanjim. I looked up the definition of the word and still couldn't put it in context.

I don't disagree.

You agree that blacks have not earned the right to be treated as free humans? Really?

You agree that blacks have not earned the right to be treated as free humans? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post

^^That's the definition I'm using.

Your definition? That they have not earned the right to be treated as free humans? I don't know where you're coming up with that. Being easily manipulated by politicians and race baiters is a far cry from not being treated as free humans.

The way you are twisting the words? Makes me wonder about you.

:shock: Wow, Maggie. Generalize much?

I forgot the word "Many"? A thoughtless mistake. (That's what this case has done to us here on DP? Pitted friend against friend?)

By Ann Coulter
July 17, 2013

Read more:
To Avoid Looking Like a Criminal, Don't Commit a Crime - Ann Coulter - Page full

Well said Ann...

To avoid looking and sounding like a racist, Ann Coulter should stop defending the Council of Conservative Citizens which is a racist, White supremacist hate group.

Read about Ann and the C.C.C. here: Ann Coulter and the Council of Conservative Citizens - Little Green Footballs

I forgot the word "Many"? A thoughtless mistake. (That's what this case has done to us here on DP? Pitted friend against friend?)

Friends can disagree, can they not? :lol: But I was :shock: because the statement was so... unMaggielike.

this ann coulter looks like a devil wearing an angel mask on her face

l am shocked

Back
Top Bottom