• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tired Chyron

Felis Leo

Moral clarity is needed
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
It’s about time to retire “Bombshell” in reference to news. It doesn’t mean a thing any longer.

Au contraire, Rexedgar. With a major war in Europe for the first time in over half a century, the reference has been given a new lease on life.

lemmiwinx

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Breaking News is the worst of them all. How long does it have to be out there before CNN stops calling it breaking news?

EdwinWillers

"Who will tell us the truth?"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It’s about time to retire “Bombshell” in reference to news. It doesn’t mean a thing any longer.
Ahyup.

The best these companies, whether national or local, can come up with anymore are narcissistic glamour ads touting their own "news" (i.e. wire readers) and "weather" (i.e. model readers) and "sports" (i.e. stats readers) teams to the very audiences that are already watching them.

But ... as to "bombshell" not meaning anything any more - have you not seen the "bombshells" they hire these days to deliver their narcissistic snot? ;)

Tlrmln

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

I hate it when they use nouns as adjectives. Like "Shock Report...."

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

I attribute it's loss of interest to every bombshell of the last 5 years being duds.

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Bombshell?

What about "blasted", "hit back at", "eviscerated", etc., all those fluff words to make a snide tweet sound important.

Allan

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Bombshell?

What about "blasted", "hit back at", "eviscerated", etc., all those fluff words to make a snide tweet sound important.
The one that bugs me the most is someone starting a Tweet with "BOOM!" as though some earth-shattering fact is being served up.

Get over yourself.

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The one that bugs me the most is someone starting a Tweet with "BOOM!" as though some earth-shattering fact is being served up.

Get over yourself.
We have one of those……….

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Under the bus, granular, walk and chew gum and more.

When one word or phrase is used, damn if more and more reports contain the exact language. I watch too much news, I know.

Deuce

Outer space potato man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Also, describing "repeated tired old talking points and criticisms" as slammed, or eviscerated, etc.

mrjurrs

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Can I rewrite that? How about "Not for anything that's over 15 minutes old and that they've finished analyzing." :)
I disagree because they analyze the same stuff over and over and over. I say stick with a time limit.

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I attribute it's loss of interest to every bombshell of the last 5 years being duds.

I'm sure Hillary Clinton is thinking that right there in the jail cell Trump's DOJ locked her up in over those emails . . .

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Get over yourself.

And then come the articles in papers of record stating that the tweet has "eviscerated" its target...oy...

Media as hype man.

bomberfox

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Chyron? Uhhhhhh…..?

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Nor does "Breaking News" which CNN has had running continuously in their chyron since 1992.
"breaking news" has a real meaning. It's a thing.

Top Bottom