• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time to let America be ****ed?

Time to Move on and let the pandemic sweep through America and Europe?

• Total voters
And yet even as you criticize it, you just can't help yourself. I don't know much about NZ...is a smug sense of superiority a cultural trait? Because we don't think about you guys at all. Even our world maps often forget you exist.

Everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been vaccinated. Most of us are tired of enduring stupid rules to protect unvaccinated people. I'm not going to care more about their health than they do.

That's fine, you are a sparsely populated island country over a thousand miles from civilization. You can lock down for years or generations if you want to.
At least I can make a criticism about something that actually is happening in america.. Where as all you have done is demonstrate that an american could not even find nz on a map let alone be able to make a relevant comment.

I could not care less about their health either. But I am aware that allowing people to be unvaccinated is a sure way for a virus to find new ways of evolving. My health I do care about and the stupid rules are what we have to slow down or stop the virus from becoming a new and more lethal variant.

And again you not only demonstrate your ignorance on geography but basic economics as well.

I know. That's why I just asked you why YOU think it came from the lab?
I already told you.

The Chinese are claiming it came from a bat in the wet market. The wet market they are claiming that it came from is within a stones throw away from the Wuhan research facility which just so happened to be conducting gain of function research on this very strain of virus, at the exact same time, when they claim that it was passed onto humans via a bat in the wet market.

This is just too incredible of a coincidence, IMO.

I already told you.

The Chinese are claiming it came from a bat in the wet market. The wet market they are claiming that it came from is within a stones throw away from the Wuhan research facility which just so happened to be conducting gain of function research on this very strain of virus, at the exact same time, when they claim that it was passed onto humans via a bat in the wet market.

This is just too incredible of a coincidence, IMO.
Coincidences like that are the kind of thing that sprouts conspiracy theories.

The thing to remember is that, just occasionally, conspiracy theories turn out to be true.

I'm quite curious to see which is the case here.

If the virus came out of my ass on flying monkeys, what is the plan?
Take stool samples from you, I would assume. And figure out how flying monkeys fit in your ass.
Also how a tribe of monkeys developed an aircraft construction industry inside your ass, and when they gained sufficient intelligence to do so.

I am just curious at what age human life ceases to have any value. I mean, I'm in my mid-50s now, and I kind of want to know when I'm going to be cut adrift on an ice floe.
That will be when your kids tell you they have found a nice new home for you to live in.

The world is ready to move on. Screw the USA and Western Europe. Your society is bringing it on themselves with all these idiots not wearing masks, not getting vaccinated, hanging in groups. The USA did not take it seriously as a nation. No contact tracing is a huge one... not staying at home responsibly when the order was in. I know tons of people that went out, got in groups, went on vacation or to restaurants just because everybody else was.

We took shit seriously here. We locked down when there was a lock down. We contact traced. We have teams that move in and investigate and isolate carriers. We have border closures with mandated two week isolation at designated safe zones. We did what we needed to do and so did many other nations. **** America and Western Europe and now Canada for making this issue so much worse. Then we have to listen to these self-righteous jerks pander about how hard it is for America and it is about protecting life. Bullshit. The USA did not care and is paying the price.

Next pandemic maybe you guys take this shit seriously. We are ready to move on with life and if a million more Americans die that is your ****ing problem.
Stop exaggerating. Mask have little effect, the vaccine doesn't stop the virus, you can still spread it and you can still die. The CDC has hid the true data because it doesn't support what they claim.

Coincidences like that are the kind of thing that sprouts conspiracy theories.

The thing to remember is that, just occasionally, conspiracy theories turn out to be true.

I'm quite curious to see which is the case here.
At this point in time, all we are left with is the choice between these two scenarios. Until and unless more info comes out this is all we have to work with and one of these scenarios seems much more likely than the other.

Stop exaggerating. Mask have little effect, the vaccine doesn't stop the virus, you can still spread it and you can still die.
Yep. We are all dead. Only thing to do is protest and block some traffic screwing with the lives of innocent people.
The CDC has hid the true data because it doesn't support what they claim.
Yep. It is a huge conspiracy.

At least I can make a criticism about something that actually is happening in america.. Where as all you have done is demonstrate that an american could not even find nz on a map let alone be able to make a relevant comment.

I could not care less about their health either. But I am aware that allowing people to be unvaccinated
Your vaccine mandate policies appear to be roughly the same as they are here, so I dunno what you're talking about. Looks like your government requires it for emergency workers, health workers, teachers, correctional workers, and military. Which is pretty similar to what many US states and the federal government require (although it's mostly optional for teachers here).
is a sure way for a virus to find new ways of evolving. My health I do care about and the stupid rules are what we have to slow down or stop the virus from becoming a new and more lethal variant.
Viruses typically evolve to become *less* lethal. And indeed that is what has happened with Omicron. Anyway, vaccine mandates are one thing. Incessant lockdowns, masking, and hygiene theater are very different from vaccine mandates. I support mandatory vaccinations especially for those in public-facing roles, which is sensible unlike shutting your borders and closing everything for years.
And again you not only demonstrate your ignorance on geography but basic economics as well.
Looks like your government agrees with me.

Last edited:
At this point in time, all we are left with is the choice between these two scenarios. Until and unless more info comes out this is all we have to work with and one of these scenarios seems much more likely than the other.
Assuming for the moment that by accident or intent the research escaped confinement, I wonder if our intelligence organizations could use proof of that, did they have any, to pressure people in china to provide them intelligence on or influence in China.

And might keep that proof secret as a result.

Speaking of conspiracy theories.

Assuming for the moment that by accident or intent the research escaped confinement, I wonder if our intelligence organizations could use proof of that, did they have any, to pressure people in china to provide them intelligence on or influence in China.

And might keep that proof secret as a result.

Speaking of conspiracy theories.
Well... until someone accuses someone else of using nano-thermite charges, I will remain curious.

Your vaccine mandate policies appear to be roughly the same as they are here,
LOL The difference is that we followed the mandates... we did not cry like bitches about it screwing with the world and that is why our numbers have been so low for so long... one of the best in the world.
so I dunno what you're talking about. Looks like your government requires it for emergency workers, health workers, teachers, correctional workers, and military. Which is pretty similar to what many US states and the federal government require (although it's mostly optional for teachers here).

Viruses typically evolve to become *less* lethal. And indeed that is what has happened with Omicron. Anyway, vaccine mandates are one thing. Incessant lockdowns, masking, and hygiene theater are very different from vaccine mandates. I support mandatory vaccinations especially for those in public-facing roles, which is sensible unlike shutting your borders and closing everything for years.

I know 1000's of people in the 50, 60, 70, 80 age group that have had covid19 at least once and are just fine. The only person I know who died from it was 70, obese, and smoked for 50+ years. All the rest were in nursing homes and already dying.

Sorry but I am not going to obsess over a cold. I have a life to live and I will not live in fear. Most people I know other than the few obsessed lefties have moved on as well. I just talked to a person today at lunch who said the same thing. I was asked if I would get the next vaccine. If my doctor tells me to get it then I will. However I am done with all this fear mongering by the left for political power. It won't be long before the rest of the world tells you the same thing. Most people have basically said the fear mongers can stick it where the sun don't shine and I agree.
Following your logic all I need to do to prove rape does not exist and is simply scare mongering by women is to talk to a thousand people who have not been raped.

LOL The difference is that we followed the mandates... we did not cry like bitches about it screwing with the world and that is why our numbers have been so low for so long... on of the best in the world.
But not anymore. You're ready to move on with your life, like us dumbass American bitches now. In-N-Out Burger is too important, amirite?

LOL The difference is that we followed the mandates... we did not cry like bitches about it screwing with the world and that is why our numbers have been so low for so long... one of the best in the world.
It appears that in a pre-COVID previous life, you had a long career as an anti-vax lunatic. This you?

No children ever suffer, or have a serious issue, from a vaccination?
If we are to reduce the populations of Africa and South America Bill Gates and the elite know that an intense vaccination program must begin well before 2025.
Reactions are not always known, or generally even acknowledged when they happen for that matter... so mandatory vaccinations should remain illegal.
I'm glad you came to your senses and changed your mind on this nonsense. Too bad it took a lot of stupid jingoistic nationalism to do it though. Still, I'd prefer someone who is only pro-vaccine because they hate America over someone spreading unhinged anti-vax garbage.

Your vaccine mandate policies appear to be roughly the same as they are here, so I dunno what you're talking about. Looks like your government requires it for emergency workers, health workers, teachers, correctional workers, and military. Which is pretty similar to what many US states and the federal government require (although it's mostly optional for teachers here).

My reference to the fact that americans appear to love hating other americans was not confined to just the covid thing.

Viruses do not typically go to plague level so quickly.

Yes we are moving in that direction. However it is being done more slowly than america and europe has done.

As for the economic part. No, no country can stayed closed for years. But nz has shown that a country can shut down for a couple of months and not end up as all the scary stories predicted would happen. Our economy actually bounced back and on an economic level have done better than many countries.
https://www.newsroom.co.nz/nz-economy-in-the-worlds-strongest-position
The EY report says New Zealand is – for now – in the No 1 position in the global fight against the negative economic and health impacts associated with the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.

It appears that in a pre-COVID previous life, you had a long career as an anti-vax lunatic. This you?
This makes sense to you... not sure how. If I am arguing for vaccinations now why would I be an anti-vax lunatic in a past life?
I'm glad you came to your senses and changed your mind on this nonsense. Too bad it took a lot of stupid jingoistic nationalism to do it though. Still, I'd prefer someone who is only pro-vaccine because they hate America over someone spreading unhinged anti-vax garbage.
I just tracked that post and realized that was from a specific thread from over 4 years ago. Wow. What a waste of time you just spent. LOL

You should stick to the points that I am currently schooling you on and not looking back to statements that I can really confuse you about...

This makes sense to you... not sure how. If I am arguing for vaccinations now why would I be an anti-vax lunatic in a past life?
I don't know, you tell me. I don't know your motives for being an antivax lunatic in the past, just that you were one.
I just tracked that post and realized that was from a specific thread from over 4 years ago. Wow. What a waste of time you just spent. LOL
Three different posts from three different threads from years ago, actually. With plenty of others I could have picked. This wasn't just a one-time lapse in judgment when you were having a bad day, it was a cause celebre for you.
You should stick to the points that I am currently schooling you on and not looking back to statements that I can really confuse you about...
I am glad to see you have abandoned the anti-vax stuff. And I guess if it took toxic anti-American nationalism to do it, that's a good trade. I wish you could just be pro-vaccine without the tribalistic hatred, but maybe that's expecting too much.

I don't know, you tell me. I don't know your motives for being an antivax lunatic in the past, just that you were one.
I wasn't.

Please be better.
Three different posts from three different threads from years ago, actually. With plenty of others I could have picked.
Do it.
This wasn't just a one-time lapse in judgment when you were having a bad day,
None of them were bad days...
it was a cause celebre for you.

I am glad to see you have abandoned the anti-vax stuff.
Never was anti-vax
And I guess if it took toxic anti-American nationalism to do it, that's a good trade.
Whatever the **** that means... LOL
I wish you could just be pro-vaccine without the tribalistic hatred, but maybe that's expecting too much.
Two in a row... whatever the **** this means. LOL

I wonder why we should even bother with nursing homes? They are dying anyways. How despicable.
Where I live our leaders didn't. The democratic leaders where I live not only did not protect the people in our nursing homes they sent infected people back to quarantine. They even ordered infected patients to return. Clearly they had never been to one. I have been to too many of those nursing homes. It is the saddest thing I have ever seen. 2 or 3 people to a room with nothing but a curtain separating them. The workers did not have a chance in hell of protecting the patients. They should have stayed in the hospital to quarantine.

I take elderly people to visit their friends in nursing homes. You sit there and listen to these people pray and beg to die you would know that a lot of them welcomed a quick death. If you think those SPCA commercials are sad go to any of the poor nursing homes and get real taste of reality. I wish I had gone when I was 17. I would have put every spare nickel I had into retirement to make sure I never end up in one of those places.

Sigh. OK, if you insist:

Science shows some kids die from vaccinations too...
My nephew was the same. Perfectly fine. Soon after vaccines he started being very different.
It is Nazi like fascism to force injections into people's bodies.
Vaccines didn't stop polio... clean sanitation and better hygiene did.
Just so many shitty takes, and that's not even close to all of them. Just pages and pages of quotes I could have chosen from. But I believe that people have the ability and the right to change their mind about their wrong opinions. Do you disavow these quotes?

I don't know how you go from an anti-vax conspiracy nut, to someone who is so ardently pro-vaccine that you are attacking *other* countries for what you perceive as an insufficient commitment to them, all in the span of a few years. I guess a major crisis like COVID has a way of reframing things for some people...but dial it back a couple notches. Nevertheless, I prefer the new hypernationalist pro-vaccine Bodhisattva over the old anti-vaccine conspiracy nut Bodhisattva. I just hope you don't flip back once COVID is over.

Last edited:
I encourage you in this sort of thinking. Go forth bravely.
I have already had it. Even mother and father have had it. They are in their 80's. It is not because we are brave it is because we have nothing to fear but fear itself. We are done listening to the fear mongers. This virus is not going away any more than H1N1 did in 1918. Time to live in the real world.

Back
Top Bottom