• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time to let America be ****ed?

Time to Move on and let the pandemic sweep through America and Europe?

• Total voters
The world is ready to move on. Screw the USA and Western Europe. Your society is bringing it on themselves with all these idiots not wearing masks, not getting vaccinated, hanging in groups. The USA did not take it seriously as a nation. No contact tracing is a huge one... not staying at home responsibly when the order was in. I know tons of people that went out, got in groups, went on vacation or to restaurants just because everybody else was.

We took shit seriously here. We locked down when there was a lock down. We contact traced. We have teams that move in and investigate and isolate carriers. We have border closures with mandated two week isolation at designated safe zones. We did what we needed to do and so did many other nations. **** America and Western Europe and now Canada for making this issue so much worse. Then we have to listen to these self-righteous jerks pander about how hard it is for America and it is about protecting life. Bullshit. The USA did not care and is paying the price.

Next pandemic maybe you guys take this shit seriously. We are ready to move on with life and if a million more Americans die that is your ****ing problem.

Hmmm. Moving on from hating cops, to hating the USA in general today Bhodi?

No more variants that we know of yet. But we don't need to totally shut down in fear that it could happen. And for future brainiacs out there..... cutting off trade and travel with China may go along way towards preventing these avian and bat flu to human episodes.

So you just want to 'wing it' because you're tired of the inconvenience. Yeah, knew that already.

And how well did it go when we saw Omicron coming from S. Africa? We had a couple of weeks...didnt stop it a bit...seems like your 'China solution' is pretty useless too.

One thing is for sure. If there was ever a pandemic of something like the Ebola Virus, the dumb asses would die right before they
started screaming "It's a hoax!"

Didn't vote because there are already enough people who have decided THEY are done with the pandemic, which means we all are. Pandemic isn't done with us though - see you at the next variant.

935K+ American dead as of this post.

"COMORBIDITIES! COMORBIDITIES!"

The world is ready to move on. Screw the USA and Western Europe. Your society is bringing it on themselves with all these idiots not wearing masks, not getting vaccinated, hanging in groups. The USA did not take it seriously as a nation. No contact tracing is a huge one... not staying at home responsibly when the order was in. I know tons of people that went out, got in groups, went on vacation or to restaurants just because everybody else was.

We took shit seriously here. We locked down when there was a lock down. We contact traced. We have teams that move in and investigate and isolate carriers. We have border closures with mandated two week isolation at designated safe zones. We did what we needed to do and so did many other nations. **** America and Western Europe and now Canada for making this issue so much worse. Then we have to listen to these self-righteous jerks pander about how hard it is for America and it is about protecting life. Bullshit. The USA did not care and is paying the price.

Next pandemic maybe you guys take this shit seriously. We are ready to move on with life and if a million more Americans die that is your ****ing problem.
The West has become a libertine, hedonist, and decadent mess where people forgot about discipline and only clamor on about social democracy and social welfare programs. It skims off the top of the rest of the world's aristocrats to migrate here instead of expecting those aristocrats to lead their own countries. In turn, it doesn't care about the well-being of its own talent. It just cares about letting spoiled brats network with other spoiled brats.

The West can't be left behind because the West is the rest.

No more variants that we know of yet. But we don't need to totally shut down in fear that it could happen. And for future brainiacs out there..... cutting off trade and travel with China may go along way towards preventing these avian and bat flu to human episodes.
Not locating viral research centers in the middle of densely populated cities like Wuhan might not be a bad idea, either.

Not locating viral research centers in the middle of densely populated cities like Wuhan might not be a bad idea, either.
This is a good idea...

We have Reston very close to DC.
Not good.

We don't know for sure where this thing came from but it does seem much less likely to me that it came from a bat in a wet market than from the research center doing research on this very type of virus located literally within sight of it.

Having traveled to China several times over the years, it is pretty hard to locate anything outside of a population center there. A small town in China is 200,000 people.

So by "ready to move on with life," I assume that means you want to...do basically the same thing those other countries you mentioned are doing. Well, the important thing is you got to feel smug and passive-aggressive one last time before adopting the same sensible policies that the rest of us already adopted. Better late than never. We look forward to welcoming NZ back to the world. :LOL:
Yeah except that in our journey through covid we can say only 56 people have died so far. What's your count again?

Last edited:
I have already moved on with my life. This pandemic is over as far as I am concerned. I did not die from it. Nobody in my family has died from it. The few people I know who did die from it were already dying.
I have no idea why bod would give a like for this. Your statement makes it glaringly obvious that you do not give a **** about anyone but yourself.

Doesn't it make you wonder what Bod would have done had not the leaders of his country told him what to do?
Yet americans are just following weird conspiracy theories and a wanna be president trump. While the people in nz are following the science along with the government

Yet americans are just following weird conspiracy theories and a wanna be president trump. While the people in nz are following the science along with the government
Huh?

Yeah except that in our journey through covid we can say only 56 people have died so far. What's your count again?
I'm not saying NZ's approach was ineffective. I'm just saying OP doesn't get to gloat about it being effective and wish further misery on others, in precisely the same post that he's advocating NZ abandon that approach and adopt an American/European approach.

It doesn't really matter to me what NZ decides to do. Lock down your country, rejoin civilization, whatever. I'll be fine either way.

I'm not saying NZ's approach was ineffective. I'm just saying OP doesn't get to gloat about it being effective and wish further misery on others, in precisely the same post that he's advocating NZ abandon that approach and adopt an American/European approach.

It doesn't really matter to me what NZ decides to do. Lock down your country, rejoin civilization, whatever. I'll be fine either way.
I agree. Gloating and wishing bad things for others is done more than enough by americans themselves to each other without other countries adding to it.

And no, american and european are just giving up and not caring who dies. NZ has not and hopefully will not follow that path.

I agree. Gloating and wishing bad things for others is done more than enough by americans themselves to each other without other countries adding to it.
And yet even as you criticize it, you just can't help yourself. I don't know much about NZ...is a smug sense of superiority a cultural trait? Because we don't think about you guys at all. Even our world maps often forget you exist.
And no, american and european are just giving up and not caring who dies.
Everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been vaccinated. Most of us are tired of enduring stupid rules to protect unvaccinated people. I'm not going to care more about their health than they do.
NZ has not and hopefully will not follow that path.
That's fine, you are a sparsely populated island country over a thousand miles from civilization. You can lock down for years or generations if you want to.

Having traveled to China several times over the years, it is pretty hard to locate anything outside of a population center there. A small town in China is 200,000 people.
I get that but fundamentally, it's just a bad idea.

There is a reason why we chose Yucca Mountain to store radioactive waste. You can never guarantee containment 100%.

That

Not good.

We don't know for sure where this thing came from but it does seem much less likely to me that it came from a bat in a wet market than from the research center doing research on this very type of virus located literally within sight of it.

If the bat came from a wet market in the area, why wouldnt they research it at the closest facility?

Back
Top Bottom