• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time to let America be ****ed?

Time to Move on and let the pandemic sweep through America and Europe?

• Total voters
The thing about plagues is that they show how stupid appeals to common sense and anecdote really are.
I know 1000's of people in the 50, 60, 70, 80 age group that have had covid19 at least once and are just fine. The only person I know who died from it was 70, obese, and smoked for 50+ years. All the rest were in nursing homes and already dying.
I have no idea why bod would give a like for this. Your statement makes it glaringly obvious that you do not give a **** about anyone but yourself.
Sorry but I am not going to obsess over a cold. I have a life to live and I will not live in fear. Most people I know other than the few obsessed lefties have moved on as well. I just talked to a person today at lunch who said the same thing. I was asked if I would get the next vaccine. If my doctor tells me to get it then I will. However I am done with all this fear mongering by the left for political power. It won't be long before the rest of the world tells you the same thing. Most people have basically said the fear mongers can stick it where the sun don't shine and I agree.

Didn't vote because there are already enough people who have decided THEY are done with the pandemic, which means we all are. Pandemic isn't done with us though - see you at the next variant.

935K+ American dead as of this post.

"COMORBIDITIES! COMORBIDITIES!"
I think that was the point.

The world is ready to move on. Screw the USA and Western Europe. Your society is bringing it on themselves with all these idiots not wearing masks, not getting vaccinated, hanging in groups. The USA did not take it seriously as a nation. No contact tracing is a huge one... not staying at home responsibly when the order was in. I know tons of people that went out, got in groups, went on vacation or to restaurants just because everybody else was.

We took shit seriously here. We locked down when there was a lock down. We contact traced. We have teams that move in and investigate and isolate carriers. We have border closures with mandated two week isolation at designated safe zones. We did what we needed to do and so did many other nations. **** America and Western Europe and now Canada for making this issue so much worse. Then we have to listen to these self-righteous jerks pander about how hard it is for America and it is about protecting life. Bullshit. The USA did not care and is paying the price.

Next pandemic maybe you guys take this shit seriously. We are ready to move on with life and if a million more Americans die that is your ****ing problem.
In a somewhat dark ironic way, those most harshly hit by it are usually those who refused to do the things necessary to mitigate it.

It remains to be seen how much that will impact politics in future, even if the amount of deaths attributed to Covid is only about 1/334th of the population.

The world is ready to move on. Screw the USA and Western Europe. Your society is bringing it on themselves with all these idiots not wearing masks, not getting vaccinated, hanging in groups. The USA did not take it seriously as a nation. No contact tracing is a huge one... not staying at home responsibly when the order was in. I know tons of people that went out, got in groups, went on vacation or to restaurants just because everybody else was.

We took shit seriously here. We locked down when there was a lock down. We contact traced. We have teams that move in and investigate and isolate carriers. We have border closures with mandated two week isolation at designated safe zones. We did what we needed to do and so did many other nations. **** America and Western Europe and now Canada for making this issue so much worse. Then we have to listen to these self-righteous jerks pander about how hard it is for America and it is about protecting life. Bullshit. The USA did not care and is paying the price.

Next pandemic maybe you guys take this shit seriously. We are ready to move on with life and if a million more Americans die that is your ****ing problem.

Hear hear.

On the plus side, as time goes on, the disease is selecting more and more against stupid mother****ers.

The world needs less stupid mother****ers.

If the bat came from a wet market in the area, why wouldnt they research it at the closest facility?
The initial claim, and the one that China is sticking to, to this very day, is that the virus was naturally occurring and was transmitted from a dead bat to the person(s) who ate it.

Curiously, the wet market that this bat supposedly came from is within sight or the Wuhan lab.

The initial claim, and the one that China is sticking to, to this very day, is that the virus was naturally occurring and was transmitted from a dead bat to the person(s) who ate it.

Curiously, the wet market that this bat supposedly came from is within sight or the Wuhan lab.

If the bat came from a wet market in the area, why wouldnt they research it at the closest facility? Or the closest qualified facility near the region where the virus was found?

If the bat came from a wet market in the area, why wouldnt they research it at the closest facility? Or the closest qualified facility near the region where the virus was found?
Because they had no way of knowing about it.

By the time people had gotten sick, and that sickness began to spread to the point where they recognized the problem, weeks and more likely MONTHS had passed.

Because they had no way of knowing about it.

By the time people had gotten sick, and that sickness began to spread to the point where they recognized the problem, weeks and more likely MONTHS had passed.
??? Source?

And how does it address my question, it doesnt directly so I'm confused.

??? Source?

And how does it address my question, it doesnt directly so I'm confused.
This isn't at all complicated.

The initial reports were that the virus came from a bat, which I guess is a common food item in China, purchased is a "wet market"(kinda like a fish market) located in the city of Wuhan. It turns out that this wet market which supposedly this bat came from, is located only about a city block away from a research center which was, at this very time, conducting "gain of function" research on the very strain of virus which Covid-19 originated.

So this is the question that we are left with... Do you believe that it really came from somebody eating a bat or do you believe that that there was a "leak" at the Wuhan lab? What isn't in doubt or even in question is that ground zero was Wuhan, China.

All of this is information that is readily available.

This isn't at all complicated.

The initial reports were that the virus came from a bat, which I guess is a common food item in China, purchased is a "wet market"(kinda like a fish market) located in the city of Wuhan. It turns out that this wet market which supposedly this bat came from, is located only about a city block away from a research center which was, at this very time, conducting "gain of function" research on the very strain of virus which Covid-19 originated.

So this is the question that we are left with... Do you believe that it really came from somebody eating a bat or do you believe that that there was a "leak" at the Wuhan lab? What isn't in doubt or even in question is that ground zero was Wuhan, China.

All of this is information that is readily available.

It didnt come from eating a bat, :rolleyes: it would have come from contact with the bat. IMO it's easily likely that it came from the bat the way diseases have jumped to humans since...there have been Homo sapiens.

You relating this to the location of the lab is what keeps confusing me...

It didnt come from eating a bat, :rolleyes: it would have come from contact with the bat. IMO it's easily likely that it came from the bat the way diseases have jumped to humans since...there have been Homo sapiens.

You relating this to the location of the lab is what keeps confusing me...
The "official story" is that it came from a bat purchased in the wet market.(eating, touching, sniffing, or otherwise)

It just so happens that there is also a research facility located within sight of the place where this bat supposedly came from. My point is that I believe the Chinese government is lying to cover their ass because the virus really originated from, and escaped from, the lab. Admitting this would be a political disaster.

The "official story" is that it came from a bat purchased in the wet market.(eating, touching, sniffing, or otherwise)

It just so happens that there is also a research facility located within sight of the place where this bat supposedly came from. My point is that I believe the Chinese government is lying to cover their ass because the virus really originated from, and escaped from, the lab. Admitting this would be a political disaster.

So why do you believe it was their fault and not natural? Esp. since, as mentioned, such natural methods of diseases jumping to humans has been common since mankind stood up?

So why do you believe it was their fault and not natural? Esp. since, as mentioned, such natural methods of diseases jumping to humans has been common since mankind stood up?
If it came from a research facility, by definition, it is not natural.

I know 1000's of people in the 50, 60, 70, 80 age group that have had covid19 at least once and are just fine. The only person I know who died from it was 70, obese, and smoked for 50+ years. All the rest were in nursing homes and already dying.

Sorry but I am not going to obsess over a cold. I have a life to live and I will not live in fear. Most people I know other than the few obsessed lefties have moved on as well. I just talked to a person today at lunch who said the same thing. I was asked if I would get the next vaccine. If my doctor tells me to get it then I will. However I am done with all this fear mongering by the left for political power. It won't be long before the rest of the world tells you the same thing. Most people have basically said the fear mongers can stick it where the sun don't shine and I agree.
I wonder why we should even bother with nursing homes? They are dying anyways. How despicable.

If it came from a research facility, by definition, it is not natural.

I know. That's why I just asked you why YOU think it came from the lab?

I wonder why we should even bother with nursing homes? They are dying anyways. How despicable.

Leaving aside the moral sump that the proposition is, we still have hundreds of thousands of excess deaths, so maybe all the old people decided to just die at the same time?

From the sniffles. Or so I am told.

Sorry but I am not going to obsess over a cold. I have a life to live and I will not live in fear.
I encourage you in this sort of thinking. Go forth bravely.

Leaving aside the moral sump that the proposition is, we still have hundreds of thousands of excess deaths, so maybe all the old people decided to just die at the same time?

From the sniffles. Or so I am told.
Not sure if our resident experts will ever catch on.

Not sure if our resident experts will ever catch on.

I am just curious at what age human life ceases to have any value. I mean, I'm in my mid-50s now, and I kind of want to know when I'm going to be cut adrift on an ice floe.

I am just curious at what age human life ceases to have any value. I mean, I'm in my mid-50s now, and I kind of want to know when I'm going to be cut adrift on an ice floe.
Good question. The answer could be ever changing, depending on political climate and life expectancy.

You should move to China!

It's telling how so many Americans are mad at people who got covid and are fine, but they have no anger towards the people who made this virus!

Remember nobody is trying to FORCE YOU to NOT wear a mask, or NOT social distance, or NOT Get a vaccine/booster!

Do you even know what a Vaccine is ?
Do you know if you got a virus you don't need the vaccine for that virus ?

P.S. you should really make sure that Facui stops his research into making these pandemic viruses. If "YOU" care and are taking this seriously!

Hmmm. Moving on from hating cops, to hating the USA in general today Bhodi?
I think it's called rage posting. Just has to be ranting about something and try to stir up the most possible.
It seems to work?

You should move to China!
Why?
It's telling how so many Americans are mad at people who got covid and are fine, but they have no anger towards the people who made this virus!
Who is mad at people that got Covid?

LOL... WTF?
Remember nobody is trying to FORCE YOU to NOT wear a mask, or NOT social distance, or NOT Get a vaccine/booster!
Uhhh... what?
Do you even know what a Vaccine is ?
It is a French white wine sauce?
Do you know if you got a virus you don't need the vaccine for that virus ?

P.S. you should really make sure that Facui stops his research into making these pandemic viruses.
I am on it!
If "YOU" care and are taking this seriously!

What an unbelievably stupid post.

Back
Top Bottom