• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

This Is Serious Dems, Vote In Person November 3rd

While I will take your word for it in your particular area, the facts show that it is the young liberals around the country who are going maskless and getting Covid.

don't gather in crowds during a pandemic.

Yes he is, hence why he wants no funds for the USPS, he said it himself, or did you miss that?

But but but if Trump is going to use mail in voting to cheat wouldn't he be encouraging people to vote by mail instead of discouraging it?

We have people in our neighborhood asking around if anyone needs help getting to the polling stations. There are a lot of people volunteering to carpool. My only concern is whether polling stations will be able to handle large numbers since Colorado has switched primarily to voting by mail, reducing polling station bandwidth. Hopefully there are plans in place to increase our ability to vote in person in case USPS becomes unreliable.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to call your local city hall and ask that specific question. I think that most polling locations can handle thousands in a single day even if people have to wait in line.

Moderate showed yesterday that he has started believing in conspiracy theories which is extremely fascinating since he fails to see plots that have been openly admitted to by his own president.

I'm seeing conspiracy theories while you guys claim that masks work but they don't work while voting? I'm seeing conspiracy theories of Trump using the post office to cheat in the election while he actually discourages people from voting by mail?

If you think Trump is using mail in voting to cheat why would he be telling people not to vote by mail? Wouldn't he be encouraging people to vote by mail so their votes could be disqualified?

You've really sold your soul for the orange baby's cause haven't you? :lamo

You're starting to get boring though....

Yeah, that is why when out Republican Governor made masks Mandatory and closed the bars when the numbers shot through the roof, thing is it wasn't just 20 somethings not wearing masks in the bars. Have you looked at the Sturgis photos no masks but plenty of overweight older people, many with probable health issues, Stupidity Defined.

Have you looked at the facts? Lefties like facts. The facts show that the biggest age group for new cases is those aged 20-29. That's the facts. Or, are you a fact denier?

So then why would you encourage mail in voting? That makes no sense. Trump has even said you shouldn't vote by mail. If he was going to use mail in voting to cheat, wouldn't he be encouraging mail in voting?

In other words, what Democrats need to do is assume that Trump will cheat and mess with our ballots, and you're fine with that actually, and the burden is on the voters to anticipate that cheating and work around it.

FWIW, he's said people in Florida should vote by mail, he and his worthless kids vote by mail, Barr votes by mail, as do many other bootlicking sycophants in the Trump WH. Trump just doesn't want to make it easy and safe for you and me to vote by mail.

Why not? It's even possible to organize by leasing a bus for a day, one that can carry from 40 to 80 people. It's definitely a doable endeavor. Post notices, arrange stopping locations and pick them all up and drive them there and back.
You could even write "COVID Express" in big letters on the sides.

He is not using mail-in voting to cheat. He is cheating by preventing mail-in voting every way he can. He is telling people not to vote by mail, he is refusing funding to the USPS that would allow mail-in voting to be cleaned up and secured to prevent fraud, and he has placed one of his people at the top of the USPS to sabotage the system.

Can you explain how removing sorting station machines saves costs when sorting machines were originally put in place to reduce overhead by reducing the number of employees necessary to sort mail? Does that make any sense to you?

But but but you guys are encouraging mail in voting while trying to claim that Trump is using mail in voting to cheat. Isn't that rather stupid? If you don't think your mail in vote is going to count due to Trump, then why encourage mail in voting?

Vote in person November 3rd!

Today's NYT has an editorial that turns down the panic on this issue a bit:

The truth is that seven states and the District will have universal vote-by-mail this fall; most others will have liberalized absentee voting. It’s likely that roughly twice as many voters will use those methods than in 2016, when nearly one-quarter of the 136.6 million votes were mail-in or absentee. Yes, counting of mailed-in ballots in New York’s primary was a fiasco, as Mr. Trump incessantly says, but most states are learning by doing, and more recent primaries have gone smoothly.​

The editorial ends with a video on the history of voter suppression in the US. Excellent.

My state of Washington has had universal vote-by-mail for several decades. It works great. Vote at you leisure from you house, look up info as needed as you work your way through your ballot.

Why not? It's even possible to organize by leasing a bus for a day, one that can carry from 40 to 80 people. It's definitely a doable endeavor. Post notices, arrange stopping locations and pick them all up and drive them there and back.

I guess you forgot that the rural areas lean toward Trump and now you want to help them vote. Thanks for the chuckle.

According to a recent poll, a majority of Dems already declared they would accept the results of the 2020 election. I called it BS at the time and was mocked for it. Now Dems are desperately looking for reasons to not accept it even before it happens.

Mail-in ballots don't work well in most places. Even under the best of conditions, a quarter-to-third of mail-in ballots get disqualified or never get counted for various technical problems. What will happen if half the people vote by mail and a third of those votes get tossed?

I'll probably vote like I always do. Fill out the mail-in ballot, sign and seal it, and drop it off at the polling place.

The assorted morons are the young liberals aged 20-29. That is a proven fact.

So prove it. :roll:

I see a lot more than 20-29 year olds not wearing masks around here. But it doesn't matter. The point is lots of morons in this area do NOT wear masks, and I have to assume they'll be in line when I vote and I don't want to be near those people as the virus is spreading widely in my area, which it is now. So it's FAR safer to vote by mail.

You've really sold your soul for the orange baby's cause haven't you? :lamo

You're starting to get boring though....

If you think Trump is using mail in voting to cheat why would he be telling people not to vote by mail? Wouldn't he be encouraging people to vote by mail so their votes could be disqualified?

In other words, what Democrats need to do is assume that Trump will cheat and mess with our ballots, and you're fine with that actually, and the burden is on the voters to anticipate that cheating and work around it.

FWIW, he's said people in Florida should vote by mail, he and his worthless kids vote by mail, Barr votes by mail, as do many other bootlicking sycophants in the Trump WH. Trump just doesn't want to make it easy and safe for you and me to vote by mail.

It is YOU who say that Trump is going to use mail in voting to cheat and then you turn right around and encourage mail in voting, while Trump is telling you that there are too many problems with mail in voting. It's all rather hilarious.

You can play your dumb game with someone else. You know exactly what the situartion is and fully support the unethical manipulations. Nothing more to discuss. :roll:

Mail-in ballots don't work well in most places. Even under the best of conditions, a quarter-to-third of mail-in ballots get disqualified or never get counted for various technical problems. What will happen if half the people vote by mail and a third of those votes get tossed?

Nonsense.

The strategy should be to force Trumps hand, if he wants to go down that way let him. Make no mistake if Trump does manipulate our election it will be the end of him, not our democracy.

What you are proposing is for us to do is give in to Trump. Doing so would only bolster his false claims.

I am not so certain. If Trump loses by a slim margin he may claim he was cheated and his supporters may act violently to keep him in office.

I believe there is a very real risk of a second Civil War.

I am absolutely disgusted by the refusal of Trump supporters to stand up for the right of their fellow citizens to vote.

When the act of voting becomes a partisan issue that is when you know the country is headed towards a second civil war.

If he were using mail in voting to cheat, wouldn't he be encouraging mail in voting instead of discouraging it? And, don't forget, masks work so voting in person is OK. As a matter of fact, some nameless person made a thread encouraging people to vote in person. So, let Trump spin his wheels on cheating while all of you thwart him by voting in person instead.

Again, watch what he does, not what he says, though even in the case of what he says there is more than enough admission. He says the post office won't be able to handle all the ballots, so what does he do? He removes equipment that is used in handling the ballots. Get a clue. He's also said he opposes funding the USPS because of mail-in voting, which has historically low fraud in the .000 percentage. So, he wants us to use mail-in voting but actively opposes funding the service that will be used to do it, and is also actively removing the equipment needed to do it. This is your Trumpster logic, and you think no one notices? You are truly laughable at this point.

Trump admits he'''s blocking postal cash to stop mail-in votes

Lawyers Outraged the Post Office Is Removing Mail Sorting Machines | Law & Crime

USPS removing mail-sorting machines is latest change ahead of election - Business Insider

According to a recent poll, a majority of Dems already declared they would accept the results of the 2020 election. I called it BS at the time and was mocked for it. Now Dems are desperately looking for reasons to not accept it even before it happens.

I'll probably vote like I always do. Fill out the mail-in ballot, sign and seal it, and drop it off at the polling place.

Exactly. If Trump wins by a narrow margin, Democrats will sue to have disqualified ballots qualified.

Nonsense.

Truth.

Over 80,000 mail-in ballots disqualified in NYC primary mess
By Carl Campanile, Nolan Hicks and Bernadette HoganAugust 5, 2020 | 6:53pm | Updated
One out of four mail-in ballots were disqualified for arriving late, lacking a postmark or failing to include a voter’s signature, or other defects. The Post reported Tuesday that roughly 30,000 mail-in ballots were invalidated in Brooklyn alone.

84,000 mail-in ballots disqualified in NYC primary election

So prove it. :roll:

I see a lot more than 20-29 year olds not wearing masks around here. But it doesn't matter. The point is lots of morons in this area do NOT wear masks, and I have to assume they'll be in line when I vote and I don't want to be near those people as the virus is spreading widely in my area, which it is now. So it's FAR safer to vote by mail.

Then vote by mail. I highly encourage you to do so. Trump may even process your ballot himself.

You can play your dumb game with someone else. You know exactly what the situartion is and fully support the unethical manipulations. Nothing more to discuss. :roll:

So, you can't answer the question?

Back
Top Bottom