• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is now what peaceful look like.

I

I said acts of violence did I not?

Those with firebombs would be arrested and would go to jail for a long time. Those breaking property would see similar rates.
The non violent protesters who were identified as leaders would probably be arrested as well.
Going in and shooting every one would be seen as failure by the government and used as a last resort.

It has plenty of other options to use first

For every person you cherry pick to arrest, five more will take his place. You're wack-a-mole strategy would be a failure.

But not if someone runs over a protester or sprays bear mace at them, right?

Get out of the road. Stop attacking innocent citizens.

Still not an answer to my question.

I am not going to torture you any longer....The reason I asked how long the Chinese would tolerate "Portland" is to feel better that there are governments out there somewhere that have the balls to step down hard on rioting scum. If that takes live ammo, so be it.

Ours, at all levels, is an abysmal, embarrassing, pussified failure - too scared to protect the society, our properties, our lives, and even themselves. As I posted earlier, my contempt for the US and the Americans who see nothing wrong with the thugs and their sick Marxist dreams has reached the upper limit. That is why I will vote for Biden - an equivalent of giving an alcoholic a gallon of vodka wishing him an early death. No, I am not trolling.

Tsar Nicholas tried to crush the “rioters” with lethal force back in the day. How’d that end for him?

Your fantasies of massacring anyone who disagrees with you politically is completely incompatible with basic freedoms and liberties. That’s what’s truly “pathetic”.

China has thousands of protests every year across the country, the Chinese government does not arrest those people. Protests have caused chemical plants to close especially in Dalian, stopped building destruction.

300 in Hong Kong were arrested couple weeks ago on one day.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/06/asia/hong-kong-protests-elections-arrest-intl/index.html

or
DALIAN, China -- China has arrested or detained about 130 people in connection with recent protests in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region against compulsory Chinese-language education in elementary and middle schools.
The nongovernmental organization said on Monday that it estimates at least 4,000 to 5,000 ethnic Mongolians have been put under some form of police custody over the last three weeks.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Society/China-arrests-130-ethnic-Mongolians-over-language-policy-protests

Last edited:
300 in Hong Kong were arrested couple weeks ago on one day.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/06/asia/hong-kong-protests-elections-arrest-intl/index.html

or
DALIAN, China -- China has arrested or detained about 130 people in connection with recent protests in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region against compulsory Chinese-language education in elementary and middle schools.
The nongovernmental organization said on Monday that it estimates at least 4,000 to 5,000 ethnic Mongolians have been put under some form of police custody over the last three weeks.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Society/China-arrests-130-ethnic-Mongolians-over-language-policy-protests

So it appears that China has lots of protests every year does it not.

So it appears that China has lots of protests every year does it not.

It’s not “every year”; it’s large scale local protests in a city lucky enough to be a major center of international commerce and therefore partially protected from the CPC’s desire to pull another Tiananmen.

It’s not “every year”; it’s large scale local protests in a city lucky enough to be a major center of international commerce and therefore partially protected from the CPC’s desire to pull another Tiananmen.

There are lots of smaller protests across China every year, over a large variety of country issues

Hong Kong was just the largest and longest lasting

There are lots of smaller protests across China every year, over a large variety of country issues

Hong Kong was just the largest and longest lasting

And the CCP(which caused the protests via its own heavy-handedness and brutality in the first place) cracks down hard on any they can’t control, subvert or ignore.

Trying to use localized opposition to the CCP’s policies as proof that the CCP “tolerates dissent and protests”(when it really doesn’t) is pretty laughable.

Back
Top Bottom