• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Third night of unrest in Sweden over far-right anti-Islam rally

Sounds awful. I mean, not as bad as mass terrorism resulting in thousands of deaths and the violent takeover of entire nations, but not great for sure.

Mass terrorism? I already pointed out the Northern Irish quagmire. Italy’s far right terrorists conducted numerous attacks that were actually supported by the CIA as part of the “strategy of tension”. There are a number of Christian terrorist groups in places like India and Africa, not to mention other examples in Latin America such as various groups of Cuban exiles or the Contras.

And as I already pointed out, Christians have violently taken over literally hundreds of different countries over th years.

How many years since they joined most hardline Muslim countries in effectively stripping women of their bodily autonomy - you mean that, right?
Nope. Violent takeover of a country. Been awhile, yes? I thought so. Planes into buildings? Shooting up newspapers for a comic they drew? Nah?

Yeah, I thought so.

Mass terrorism? I already pointed out the Northern Irish quagmire. Italy’s far right terrorists conducted numerous attacks that were actually supported by the CIA as part of the “strategy of tension”. There are a number of Christian terrorist groups in places like India and Africa, not to mention other examples in Latin America such as various groups of Cuban exiles or the Contras.

And as I already pointed out, Christians have violently taken over literally hundreds of different countries over th years.
So no examples from this century. Didn't think so. Seems one religion has recently monopolized mass terrorism. Not good.

Read John 3:3 and beyond. It might clear some things up for you. The red letters are the words of Jesus.
Thank you.
Christianity begins and ends with the Holy Scriptures. The Bible is the word of God.
Hearsay...
If you don’t accept that you might as well forget about it. Bible. Basic instructions before leaving earth. B.I.B.L.E.

Jesus said except a man be born again…
I think that the Bible is fine... believing it to be the word of God, literally, and having a relationship with the spirit of a dead person is insanity.

Nope. Violent takeover of a country. Been awhile, yes? I thought so. Planes into buildings? Shooting up newspapers for a comic they drew? Nah?

Yeah, I thought so.

These things happen in cycles. Islam, like Christianity, like Judaism, like a lot of faiths, is a religion of peace and war. It depends on how its adherents intend to use it. You're ignorant of history and in denial if you believe Christians aren't capable of matching Islam in its violent impulses and extremes. There's a reason the Framers of the Constitution wanted to keep religion in check, and they were more familiar with Christianity than any other faith, so that's pretty telling.

So no examples from this century. Didn't think so. Seems one religion has recently monopolized mass terrorism. Not good.

You just can’t stop embarrassing yourself huh.

And these are just a FEW examples.

These things happen in cycles. Islam, like Christianity, like Judaism, like a lot of faiths, is a religion of peace and war. It depends on how its adherents intend to use it. You're ignorant of history and in denial if you believe Christians aren't capable of matching Islam in its violent impulses and extremes. There's a reason the Framers of the Constitution wanted to keep religion in check, and they were more familiar with Christianity than any other faith, so that's pretty telling.
I'm not particularly concerned with what one group might do, if another group is actually doing these things.

When's the last time anyone strapped a bomb to their chest and blew up a market in the name of buddha? Sure those karate monks "could" do harm, but they're not shooting up nightclubs or forming armies that take over countries and stop girls from going to school or driving cars.

Yeah, that's what I thought. A bunch of stuff from last century and a white supremacist, not a christian terrorist. Not even a single violent takeover of a country. Quite a ways to go to get to the big leagues.

There's a reason people have to scan their shoes at airports now, and it's not because some people violently attacked a plane with bibles..

Yeah, that's what I thought. A bunch of stuff from last century and a white supremacist, not a christian terrorist. Not even a single violent takeover of a country. Quite a ways to go to get to the big leagues.

There's a reason people have to scan their shoes at airports now, and it's not because some people violently attacked a plane with bibles..

The “last century”? 2015 is the “last century “ now? All of those incidents have occurred since the dawn of the 21st century, and thugs like Tarrant were explicitly motivated by Christian extremist beliefs. America literally only exists because Christians violently took over multiple countries.

Wow, every time I think your frantic excuses can’t get more pathetic, you manage to top yourself

The “last century”? 2015 is the “last century “ now? All of those incidents have occurred since the dawn of the 21st century, and thugs like Tarrant were explicitly motivated by Christian extremist beliefs. America literally only exists because Christians violently took over multiple countries.

Wow, every time I think your frantic excuses can’t get more pathetic, you manage to top yourself
No, you listed a bunch of white supremacists, and some terrorist group from last century, and a crazy guy who is so loony they won't even let him stand trial.

All terrible things, but where are these guys claiming jesus compels them? Any examples?

Meanwhile...

I'm not particularly concerned with what one group might do, if another group is actually doing these things.

When's the last time anyone strapped a bomb to their chest and blew up a market in the name of buddha? Sure those karate monks "could" do harm, but they're not shooting up nightclubs or forming armies that take over countries and stop girls from going to school or driving cars.

Buddhists are pretty regularly engaging in anti-Muslim violence in Myanmar and Sri Lanka, even though I'm pretty sure you probably meant 'in white countries'.

3,000? Christians slaughtered over eight THOUSAND Muslim civilians during the Bosnian genocide.

As I already explained, they stuck to tossing bombs into the nightclubs. Duh.

Actually, they bombed office buildings, concerts, buses....anything you could think of really.

They took over literally dozens of countries across Africa, Asia, the Americas and the Middle East and effectively enslaved the inhabitants, which makes your sputtering pretty meaningless

Christians and not being able to own up to their religion’s history.....how typical.
For you to blame all Christians for genocide is like blaming all Americans for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or all Germans for the Holocaust.

Nobody has been excluded... you just think that they have. They will calmly continue to practice Christianity regardless of what you think.
If anyone has been excluded it was by their own choice. Practicing Christianity is WHAT?

Buddhists are pretty regularly engaging in anti-Muslim violence in Myanmar and Sri Lanka, even though I'm pretty sure you probably meant 'in white countries'.
Nope. I hope Islamic terrorists stop attacking people in any country.

But they won't.

Unrest broke out in southern Sweden late on Saturday despite police moving a rally by an anti-Islam far-right group, which was planning to burn a Qur’an among other things, to a new location as a preventive measure.

6173.jpg

Scuffles and unrest were reported in the southern town of Landskrona after a demonstration scheduled there by the Danish right-wing party Stram Kurs party was moved to the nearby city of Malmo, 27 miles south.

Opponents of Stram Kurs numbering up to 100 mostly young people threw stones, set cars, tires and dustbins on fire, and put up a barrier fence that obstructed traffic, Swedish police said. The situation had calmed down in Landskrona by late Saturday but remains tense, police said, adding no injuries were reported.

Kim Hild, spokesperson for police in southern Sweden, had said earlier on Saturday that police would not revoke permission for the Landskrona demonstration, organised by the Stram Kurs party, because the free-speech threshold for doing that is very high in Sweden.

1316428_bigpicture_471176_schweden_krawalle_03_afp.jpg

The right of the protesters “to demonstrate and speak out weighs enormously, heavily and it takes an incredible amount for this to be ignored”, Hild told Swedish news agency TT.

Since Thursday, clashes have been reported also in Stockholm and in the cities of Linkoping and Norrkoping – all locations where Stram Kurs either planned or had demonstrations.

On Friday evening, violent clashes between demonstrators and counter-protesters erupted in the central city of Orebro ahead of Stram Kurs’ plan to burn a Qur’an there, leaving 12 police officers injured and four police vehicles set on fire.

1316426_bigpicture_471174_schweden_krawalle_01_ap.jpg

Video footage and photos from chaotic scenes in Orebro showed burning police cars and protesters throwing stones and other objects at police officers in riot gear.

At Saturday’s demonstration in a park in Malmö, Stram Kurs’ leader Rasmus Paludan addressed a few dozen people. A small number of counter-protesters threw stones at demonstrators and police were forced to use pepper spray to disperse them.

Paludan himself was reported to have been hit on his leg by a stone, Swedish media said. No serious injuries were reported, according to police.

Paludan, a Danish lawyer who also holds Swedish citizenship, set up Stram Kurs, or Hard Line, in 2017. It runs on an anti-immigration and anti-Islam agenda.

Completely unnecessary provocation by these Neo-Nazis. You don't burn regular books, like the Nazis did, or religious books that many hold dear.
Sounds like Saturday night in big cities in America.

3,000? Christians slaughtered over eight THOUSAND Muslim civilians during the Bosnian genocide.

As I already explained, they stuck to tossing bombs into the nightclubs. Duh.

Actually, they bombed office buildings, concerts, buses....anything you could think of really.

They took over literally dozens of countries across Africa, Asia, the Americas and the Middle East and effectively enslaved the inhabitants, which makes your sputtering pretty meaningless

Christians and not being able to own up to their religion’s history.....how typical.

Holy shit, you're still flailing about things that didn't even happen this century, and that was a nationalist movement and not a religious one.

Dude, you're failing, hard at this. You don't have to like christians, but painting them as terrorists when they're clearly not is dumb.

Holy shit, you're still flailing about things that didn't even happen this century, and that was a nationalist movement and not a religious one.

Dude, you're failing, hard at this. You don't have to like christians, but painting them as terrorists when they're clearly not is dumb.
He’s a bit erratic. Like a pitbull.

Again, EVERY case I just listed from Wiki happened in the 21st century. You can’t even read and you expect anyone to take you seriously? Too funny 😂

Furthermore, sobbing about events that happened in the mid 1990s like it was an unthinkably long time ago is almost comical....and I hate to break it to you but religious hatred played a MASSIVE role in motivating the genocide.

Hate to break to you but blatantly demonstrating you either didn’t read or can’t count and then doubling down on it because you can’t bear to face the facts doesn’t change them.

For you to blame all Christians for genocide is like blaming all Americans for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or all Germans for the Holocaust.

The fact of the fact is Christianity’s history right up until the present is every bit as blood soaked as Islam’s......yet Christians get oh so upset when their blanket statements are turned back on them

No, you listed a bunch of white supremacists, and some terrorist group from last century, and a crazy guy who is so loony they won't even let him stand trial.

All terrible things, but where are these guys claiming jesus compels them? Any examples?

Meanwhile...

I listed a bunch of people who were explicitly motivated by Christian fundamentalism. Tarrant literally thought of himself as a modern day Crusader and opposed NATO because he hated for its intervention on behalf of Muslim Bosnians against Christian Serbs.

Your excuses are totally pathetic.

The fact of the fact is Christianity’s history right up until the present is every bit as blood soaked as Islam’s......yet Christians get oh so upset when their blanket statements are turned back on them
In your mind. We know our history. But it’s history and it’s isolated. I have never hurt anyone. Never owned a slave. Same difference. I’m a Christian. And glad of it.

I made no attempt to teach you anything, but if you are willing to learn, do some research on the Reformation and Martin Luther, Augustine, John Calvin, the Pentecostal revival, and what is now known as the Evangelical church, which is the Christian church. Your statements are based upon predisposed ideas, and partial truths which is typical of stone throwers.

I doubt that there‘s a much clearer expession of Evangelical chauvinism out there.

You declared that yours is the “true” Christian church.

It’s’ little wonder that most of the rest of the christian community regards the likes of the late Falwell and the rest of the television carnival barkers as a joke and a threat.

In your mind. We know our history. But it’s history and it’s isolated. I have never hurt anyone. Never owned a slave. Same difference. I’m a Christian. And glad of it.

He’s right, and you know it.

Pretending that the history of christianity is not blood soaked is ridiculous, false and self serving.

How do you know the young Muslim rioters are leftist ?

It is likely the opposite: they are radicalized, meaning they are right-wing.
More like the radicals called Antifa and BLM and the DNC

Back
Top Bottom