• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Think Progress Editor Pissed Off About Woman Defending Herself With A Gun

You're one of THOSE idiots who can't reason.

If you ban guns and destroy all guns that are seized, you will slowly remove almost all guns from society.

Yes, there will always be guns, yes you will never eliminate gun crime.

But by god we can sure as hell make a dent in to out-of-control gun crime statistics if we got rid of guns.

You're just parroting gun lovers excuse # 3

There are too many guns to ban them.

WRONG !!!

if we eradicate all cancers-no one will die of cancer. I'd rather ban gun haters. Make it a deportable offense.

yes, you want a society where honest people are helpless in the face of violent criminals. Such people will then be willing to cede more rights to the government in a ephemeral trade for more safety.
Willing? they might not get a choice.....once we disarm, we are sheep.

if we eradicate all cancers-no one will die of cancer...

yeah...OK

Like when the world eradicated smallpox, no-one dies of small pox anymore

Eliminate guns...or close to eliminating guns and the USA could have gun crime levels similar to that of the UK

You know, the UK of about 60 million population which has had ONE mass shooting since 1996.

The USA with a pop of about 320 million had 345 mass shootings in 2017 alone.

I'm talking of that kind of reduction.

Would you accept that it would be a good thing to achieve ?

yeah...OK

Like when the world eradicated smallpox, no-one dies of small pox anymore

Eliminate guns...or close to eliminating guns and the USA could have gun crime levels similar to that of the UK

You know, the UK of about 60 million population which has had ONE mass shooting since 1996.

The USA with a pop of about 320 million had 345 mass shootings in 2017 alone.

I'm talking of that kind of reduction.

Would you accept that it would be a good thing to achieve ?

I like competing with firearms, shooting recreationally and having the means to defend myself. Anyone who tries to ban guns is trying to make me a victim and I see them as a threat to my life and the lives of other honest citizens

I like competing with firearms, shooting recreationally and having the means to defend myself. Anyone who tries to ban guns is trying to make me a victim and I see them as a threat to my life and the lives of other honest citizens

Your gun fun is a poor second the the lives and physical well being of the tens of thousands of victims to guns per year in the USA

You don't need guns to protect yourself
Excuse # 2a

Your gun fun is a poor second the the lives and physical well being of the tens of thousands of victims to guns per year in the USA

You don't need guns to protect yourself
Excuse # 2a

my rights and my ability to defend myself and my family is infinitely more important to me than you having clean shorts. and having shot a mugger you are lying. I have a black belt and years of knife tactical training. And if I hadn't have had the gun I would have had to kill both of the muggers since that is what happens when you cut them with a knife,.

You're one of THOSE idiots who can't reason.

If you ban guns and destroy all guns that are seized, you will slowly remove almost all guns from society.

Yes, there will always be guns, yes you will never eliminate gun crime.

But by god we can sure as hell make a dent in to out-of-control gun crime statistics if we got rid of guns.

You're just parroting gun lovers excuse # 3

There are too many guns to ban them.

WRONG !!!

Oh, you're one of THOSE idiots that thinks he's a mind reader. Opposing banning guns has nothing to do with thinking there are too many. As long as people have the right to own them, there are too few if someone wants more.

You live in a dream world if you think you could ever remove almost all guns from society.

Just how much gun crime is acceptable to you? None is acceptable to me. You seem to be willing to accept some.

my rights and my ability to defend myself and my family is infinitely more important to me than you having clean shorts. and having shot a mugger you are lying. I have a black belt and years of knife tactical training. And if I hadn't have had the gun I would have had to kill both of the muggers since that is what happens when you cut them with a knife,.

Excuse # 2

We need guns to protect ourselves.

Oh, you're one of THOSE idiots that thinks he's a mind reader....

You're one of those idiots who thinks he has a mind.

Listen can you actually make a contribution without resorting to personal abuse ?

I get this a lot on gun control debates, personal abuse normally follows when hysteria fails.

...opposing banning guns has nothing to do with thinking there are too many. As long as people have the right to own them, there are too few if someone wants more....

Gun control will always be half measures until the 2nd amendment is repealed.

...you live in a dream world if you think you could ever remove almost all guns from society....

Who says it is possible to remove ALL guns from society ?

Reducing the level of gun ownership to say British levels will more than suffice. Yes there will be the occasional gun homicide. And it will make the national news because its so rare.
Right now a gun homicide only ever makes the local news because its so commonplace (unless of course the victim is famous or there's a lot of them in a mass shooting).

...just how much gun crime is acceptable to you?

No gun crime is acceptable

No crime is acceptable

No automobile crash fatality is acceptable. All we can do is reduce the levels to the lowest we can.

Eighteen mass shootings in the USA so far this year (and it's only day 21 of the year).

NONE in the UK...none in the UK all last year.

In fact just ONE mass shooting since 1996 - (and the UK has a population of 60 million compared with the USA's 320 million).

For now, I'd take that, wouldn't you ?

You're one of those idiots who thinks he has a mind.

Listen can you actually make a contribution without resorting to personal abuse ?

I get this a lot on gun control debates, personal abuse normally follows when hysteria fails.

Gun control will always be half measures until the 2nd amendment is repealed.

Who says it is possible to remove ALL guns from society ?

Reducing the level of gun ownership to say British levels will more than suffice. Yes there will be the occasional gun homicide. And it will make the national news because its so rare.
Right now a gun homicide only ever makes the local news because its so commonplace (unless of course the victim is famous or there's a lot of them in a mass shooting).

No gun crime is acceptable

No crime is acceptable

No automobile crash fatality is acceptable. All we can do is reduce the levels to the lowest we can.

Eighteen mass shootings in the USA so far this year (and it's only day 21 of the year).

NONE in the UK...none in the UK all last year.

In fact just ONE mass shooting since 1996 - (and the UK has a population of 60 million compared with the USA's 320 million).

For now, I'd take that, wouldn't you ?

Funny thing is you're not the only one that supports taking guns. What's funnier is none of you have ever had the guts to do anything but talk big from behind your computer. I have yet to see one of you try to take a single gun away from a gun owner. Likely never will.

Funny thing is you're not the only one that supports taking guns. What's funnier is none of you have ever had the guts to do anything but talk big from behind your computer. I have yet to see one of you try to take a single gun away from a gun owner. Likely never will.

How many illegal immigrants have you stopped from crossing the border ?

Funny thing is you're not the only one who supports preventing illegal immigration...you talk tough from behind your computer. I love Debate Challenge's BS about how he'd surrender his guns to the police bullets first...

I have yet to seen one MAGA hat wearing Republican stop an illegal immigrant entering the USA.

You gun lovers' big talk is pathetic.

Excuse # 2

We need guns to protect ourselves.

I did protect my self

Gun banner LIE: you don't need a gun to protect yourself

why do you post so many lies?

I did protect my self

Gun banner LIE: you don't need a gun to protect yourself

why do you post so many lies?

Yeah, of course you did .... (pats you on the head)

It's still excuse # 2

Guns are needed to protect the gun owners.

Great, let's mobilize law enforcement and snuff out all those you consider to be "animals"

Yeah

A potential mass murderer

Meanwhile how about the SEVEN mass shootings we've had this year?
(today being only the 15th day of the year)

It did NOTHING !!!

All gun controls are half measures until the root problem is expunged.

The 2nd amendment must be repealed before we can have any significant gun control.

Lets get rid of the 1st amended the 4th amendment, 5th and 6th amendments, 7th amendment,8th, 9th 13th, and 14th.
amendments while we are at it..

hell let just get away of rights all together.

where do you people come up with this stuff?

How many illegal immigrants have you stopped from crossing the border ?

Funny thing is you're not the only one who supports preventing illegal immigration...you talk tough from behind your computer. I love Debate Challenge's BS about how he'd surrender his guns to the police bullets first...

I have yet to seen one MAGA hat wearing Republican stop an illegal immigrant entering the USA.

You gun lovers' big talk is pathetic.

How many guns of the type you say people shouldn't own have you taken from those that have them?

You talk tough from behind your computer but I've yet to have you knock on my door and try to take any of them from me. You gun haters talk a big game but no one expects you to personally do what you say should be done. Are you any different?

How many guns of the type you say people shouldn't own have you taken from those that have them?

You talk tough from behind your computer but I've yet to have you knock on my door and try to take any of them from me. You gun haters talk a big game but no one expects you to personally do what you say should be done. Are you any different?

gun banners are hoping men with guns carry out their wet dreams of a disarmed America

gun banners are hoping men with guns carry out their wet dreams of a disarmed America

Rich isn't the only one that has claimed people shouldn't own guns. The funny thing is NONE of them have tried to personally take away those guns.

Rich isn't the only one that has claimed people shouldn't own guns. The funny thing is NONE of them have tried to personally take away those guns.

they are hoping other do their dirty work. for the most part, they hate the politics of avid gun owners and NRA members and want the government to harass, and perhaps kill, gun owners.

they are hoping other do their dirty work. for the most part, they hate the politics of avid gun owners and NRA members and want the government to harass, and perhaps kill, gun owners.

He sounds like a real tough guy from behind his computer claiming people shouldn't own guns yet doing nothing about it. He's likely the kind that thinks the "AR" in AR-15 means assault rifle.

What constitutional right would I or anyone have in doing that ?

I've never arrested anyone for trafficking heroin either...have you ?
Does that mean I shouldn't support law enforcement's attempts to do so ?

You make ZERO sense as always.

Bring the Wild West to everyone's neighborhood.

No thanks !

I have a very nice, peaceful neighborhood. Quiet. Well kept. Our neighbors are more like family members than friends. Love abounds.

But, come try to take our guns, and you WILL see some Wild Wild West action on yo' ass.

Can't undo what's already been done.

As long as the bad guys have guns, (and they do and always will) I want my gun to be bigger, cleaner, well-oiled, locked and loaded as I pray my aim is true.

I applaud your dream world aspirations. I would also like to give the world a Coke and a smile.

But reality is a mother****er man. So, I remain locked, loaded, drilled and prepared for when that car-jacking P.O.S. comes running at me with a gun or that midnight prowler decides to come in my patio door.

As I pray that NEVER happens to me and that I NEVER have to point my piece at another human being. Ever.

But, just in case the good Lord ain't listening, the unmistakable sound of me throwing a round up in my .12 guage pump, will certainly get His ****ing attention.

But, if you choose to not own a gun, I will greatly support you in your decision.

Have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom