• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

They Are At It Again Philly and CNN Won't Show it

Maybe he should have obeyed their instructions to put the knife he had down.
Yeah, because everybody knows that mentally ill people in the midst of an episode are so good at following instructions. Can't imagine why he didn't. :rolleyes: Except maybe suicide by cop with the police being only too happy to oblige. Maybe get in a little target practice too while they're at it.

This could be the black ghetto riot that gets Trump re elected. Whoever wins the next election, I want laws passed to crush black ghetto riots as quickly as possible and as violently as necessary.

Characteristics that enabled the ancestors of Negroes to thrive in the tribal environment of sub Saharan Africa learn for them many of them felony convictions in civilized countries. A criminal justice system that is effective for the two civilized races is insufficiently harsh for Negroes. Before the civil rights movement that was understood in the United States, and especially in the South. That is why, when a black man and a white man committed the same crime, the black man got more punishment.

Dude, you're a shameless bigot.

Yeah well, imagine calling for help with a family member having a mental health episode. And instead of an ambulance, or paramedic, what you immediately get is a bunch of cops with guns drawn the minute they arrive, and instead of making any attempts at de-escalation or employing non-lethal force, such as tasers or beanbags, they go with full confrontation and shoot him not just once or twice, but multiple times. Do you think you could 'reimagine' a better response? :rolleyes:
Imagine calling people with guns to help save you from a guy with a knife and NOT expecting them to show up with guns drawn!?

Or calling a complete random stranger for help with your mentally ill family member and then being disappointed when they can't calm them down any better than you can.

OP is lying. (Which is par for a thread claiming that left-lean media isn't reporting something)

(CNN)Philadelphia police shot and killed a Black man who waved a knife while standing on a street, plunging the city into protests that injured 30 officers as the police commissioner acknowledged the encounter "raises many questions." Drawing fresh national attention to fatal use of force by police, the incident also renews the spotlight on the swing state of Pennsylvania just a week before the presidential election. The man killed in West Philadelphia was Walter Wallace, according to a statement from Mayor Jim Kenney. Swift demonstrations following his death ended with the police injuries, businesses looted and 10 people arrested, police said.
Anger over the incident led to violence overnight, and Philadelphia police said at least 30 officers were injured during protests, according to a police press release obtained by CNN affiliate WPVI. Most of the injured officers were hit by projectiles, but at least one "was struck by a pickup truck - she sustained a broken leg and various other injuries," police said, according to WPVI. That officer was taken to a hospital. The other 29 injured officers were treated and released. In addition, five police vehicles were vandalized, and multiple businesses were looted across the city, the police said. At least 10 people were arrested.

LOL, “waved a knife”. Yeah, I guess that classifies as “reporting”.

Imagine calling people with guns to help save you from a guy with a knife and NOT expecting them to show up with guns drawn!?

Or calling a complete random stranger for help with your mentally ill family member and then being disappointed when they can't calm them down any better than you can.

Yes, well, these are people who think 911 should connect you to some publicly funded shrink instead of the police.

OP is lying. (Which is par for a thread claiming that left-lean media isn't reporting something)

(CNN)Philadelphia police shot and killed a Black man who waved a knife while standing on a street, plunging the city into protests that injured 30 officers as the police commissioner acknowledged the encounter "raises many questions." Drawing fresh national attention to fatal use of force by police, the incident also renews the spotlight on the swing state of Pennsylvania just a week before the presidential election. The man killed in West Philadelphia was Walter Wallace, according to a statement from Mayor Jim Kenney. Swift demonstrations following his death ended with the police injuries, businesses looted and 10 people arrested, police said.
Anger over the incident led to violence overnight, and Philadelphia police said at least 30 officers were injured during protests, according to a police press release obtained by CNN affiliate WPVI. Most of the injured officers were hit by projectiles, but at least one "was struck by a pickup truck - she sustained a broken leg and various other injuries," police said, according to WPVI. That officer was taken to a hospital. The other 29 injured officers were treated and released. In addition, five police vehicles were vandalized, and multiple businesses were looted across the city, the police said. At least 10 people were arrested.

And they totally legitimize it as has the Democratic mayor who is meeting with the family of the man with the knife who died - but not any of the 30 police officers violently assaulted or their families.

Black guy with a knife, shoot his ass. White guy who just killed two and is walking down the street with his rifle around his neck, nothing, zero response by the cops even when he stood next to a cop car with his rifle.

Nah, there is no systemic racism in america.
Was the white guy advancing on the cops brandishing his weapon, even though the cops were retreating?

Did the black guy approach the cops with his hands in the air?

And they totally legitimize it as has the Democratic mayor who is meeting with the family of the man with the knife who died - but not any of the 30 police officers violently assaulted or their families.
Because the supporters of the cops aren’t likely to show up at the Mayor’s doorstep in the middle of the night.

Yes, well, these are people who think 911 should connect you to some publicly funded shrink instead of the police.
People: Cops shoot people all the time!!

Also people: Imma call the cops on my family....

So CNN did cover the story after all.

Yeah. I just found one article on their website which makes one reference to “alleged looting.” It’s listed way down the page between an article about Kim Kardashian’s 40th birthday party and an add for knitting yarn at Michaels.

What? The cops shot another black person full of holes again? Heck, seems like they can't get enough of that shit. Pandemic or no pandemic.

He was wielding a deadly weapon. Should they just ignore it?

Yeah. I just found one article on their website which makes one reference to “alleged looting.” It’s listed way down the page between an article about Kim Kardashian’s 40th birthday party and an add for knitting yarn at Michaels.
"alleged looting"
The "alleged people" carrying "alleged TVs" after "allegedly" breaking store windows to "allegedly" gain entry.

b30c101357772890.jpg

Black guy with a knife, shoot his ass. White guy who just killed two and is walking down the street with his rifle around his neck, nothing, zero response by the cops even when he stood next to a cop car with his rifle.

Nah, there is no systemic racism in america.

You are always outraged in your messages with police not successfully murdered.

I agree, though, no police officer in any Democratic Party run city to respond to ANY 911 call where a black person involved, where any crime or violence is alleged, or when there is any statement that there are any weapons involved.

"alleged looting"
The "alleged people" carrying "alleged TVs" after "allegedly" breaking store windows to "allegedly" gain entry.

Yeah, who knew that the savaging and sacking - I’m sorry, “alleged looting”- of a major city and one time national capital was on par with what Kim Kardashian is doing in Tahiti.

My expectations are that rioting, looting and arson will continue to escalate so long as government “officials” allow that to happen. It is obvious that the public is now expected to simply tolerate that as the standard response to “unrest” over the police shooting of an armed criminal on a rampage.

Your attempt to link any and all police use of deadly force to some other totally unrelated cases in the past has convinced me that defunding (aka reimagining) the police is the only answer. It is time for the community to accept that they must deal with crazed, knife (or gun) wielding folks (as well as rioters, looters and arsonists) among them on their own since use of deadly force is to be reserved to the general public - by popular demand.
And the protesters, with no change in sight, now expect that they'll have to keep on protesting.

If protesting doesnt create change...then I can see more violence even from people that are against it, that become frustrated and lash out. (I am not justifying that)

Re: defunding the police, I dont associate all cop use of deadly force to 'totally unrelated cases,' I associate them with several current events where cops have used deadly force and abuse in very questionable circumstances. (And I also believe that this has been common...forever. Just not as easily captured on video, not shared as much on social media, etc) Some of which were justified, and some of which IMO, were not(not all adjudicated yet). It seems defunding has mostly been a term used improperly. I believe in more police oversight...by non-police, more training in non-lethal methods and de-escalation training, more training on recognizing mental health issues, and using some of that 'funding' to train and support social services workers in the field, with and without cops. (See: Eugene, OR for an example.)

And the protesters, with no change in sight, now expect that they'll have to keep on protesting.

If protesting doesnt create change...then I can see more violence even from people that are against it, that become frustrated and lash out. (I am not justifying that)

Re: defunding the police, I dont associate all cop use of deadly force to 'totally unrelated cases,' I associate them with several current events where cops have used deadly force and abuse in very questionable circumstances. (And I also believe that this has been common...forever. Just not as easily captured on video, not shared as much on social media, etc) Some of which were justified, and some of which IMO, were not(not all adjudicated yet). It seems defunding has mostly been a term used improperly. I believe in more police oversight...by non-police, more training in non-lethal methods and de-escalation training, more training on recognizing mental health issues, and using some of that 'funding' to train and support social services workers in the field, with and without cops. (See: Eugene, OR for an example.)

Except it is all a Democratic Party lie in those cities. They could send social workers now - but don't.

Yeah, because everybody knows that mentally ill people in the midst of an episode are so good at following instructions. Can't imagine why he didn't. :rolleyes: Except maybe suicide by cop with the police being only too happy to oblige. Maybe get in a little target practice too while they're at it.
Bwahahaha! A guy charging at you with a knife dies. That is policy. At 15 feet, he can reach you in 1.4 seconds. It takes 1.2 seconds to present your weapon. You can never let them get 22 feet according to training.

Was the white guy advancing on the cops brandishing his weapon, even though the cops were retreating?

Did the black guy approach the cops with his hands in the air?
It's a sad state of our country and our police that a man with a knife is such a threat the cops can't figure out how to handle a situation like that without shooting people? Lethal force or nothing and you see nothing wrong with that attitude?

It's a sad state of our country and our police that a man with a knife is such a threat the cops can't figure out how to handle a situation like that without shooting people? Lethal force or nothing and you see nothing wrong with that attitude?
Why don’t you let some mentally ill person stab you a bunch of times and report back on how it’s not really that big of a deal. Assuming you’re still able to, of course.

Why don’t you let some mentally ill person stab you a bunch of times and report back on how it’s not really that big of a deal. Assuming you’re still able to, of course.
Knives are no joke. This guy was really lucky.

Sad you can think of no other option than deadly force.

CNN.com's front page reference to the 2nd night of riots in Philadelphia consists entirely of the word "Philadelphia" in the "Trending" banner.

Why don't they just get it over with and rename themselves DPN, the Democrat Party Network?

Back
Top Bottom