• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

They Are At It Again Philly and CNN Won't Show it

We have seen the results of that. In most cases, the cops walk. In the Breonna Taylor case, we now find out that they werent even allowed to consider homicide charges and yet felt the cops were at the least, negligent.

We have yet to see the outcome of the George Floyd case. When the deaths keep a'comin and no change is happening...what are your expectations?

I believe many criminals and male losers (both sides of the political fence) are taking advantage and committing violence. But the protestors? I've not seen them get much satisfaction or real answers yet.

My expectations are that rioting, looting and arson will continue to escalate so long as government “officials” allow that to happen. It is obvious that the public is now expected to simply tolerate that as the standard response to “unrest” over the police shooting of an armed criminal on a rampage.

Your attempt to link any and all police use of deadly force to some other totally unrelated cases in the past has convinced me that defunding (aka reimagining) the police is the only answer. It is time for the community to accept that they must deal with crazed, knife (or gun) wielding folks (as well as rioters, looters and arsonists) among them on their own since use of deadly force is to be reserved to the general public - by popular demand.

What? The cops shot another black person full of holes again? Heck, seems like they can't get enough of that shit. Pandemic or no pandemic.

Yep, it’s time to reimagine (disarm?) the police and let the community deal with it’s crazed, knife wielding members in reimagined ways. The good news is that ‘shopping‘ at Walmart no longer costs anything. ;)

Reactions: PoS
Why have CNN refused to cover this story, I wonder.

Looks like a PD needs to get some less lethal means of dealing with people, especially ones with mental health issues.
Why do people call the cops to deal with mental health issues at all?

The knife wielding "peaceful protester" was within 10 ft of the officers. It takes 1.4 seconds to traverse 15 feet. He is an imminent threat. A knife can be a more deadly weapon than a gun at short range. (Imagine a slashing wound through your aorta or other major artery.) The video indicates that he was told very forcefully and loudly to put the knife down. ("The only unarmed man is a man with no arms...but then there is the story about a man with no arms who kicked an adversary to death." )

But, of course burning down the neighborhood will fix everything; and the fact that CNN plays down the violence gives you a pretty good idea that BLM and antifa types, and their progressive apologists and liberal local politicians, are complicit in the violence.
What's irritating is you get posts like the one from Atomic Kid blaming it on the cops ad the media will, too, fomenting more violence. If Biden were in office, the media would shut this down instantly. Instead, like the evil Goebbels they are, they won't show the rioting and looting.

It's a good thing that FOX is number one. They are the only ones who show the truth.

100% of “why isn’t mainstream media talking about X” accusations fall into two categories:

1) Mainstream media is, in fact, talking about X.
2) They aren’t talking about it because it’s absolute horseshit found only in far-right garbage blogs

The only horseshit was 3 years of the Steele Dossier. Hunters Laptop appears to be exactly as it is portrayed

Can you find in their report where the black man was attacking them with a knife? I may have missed it.

The knife was mentioned since it had to be as the reason for a citizen calling police to deal with (arrest?) the crazed man wielding it. CNN intentionally tried to downplay the threat of an armed crazed man (describing him as merely walking toward police - yep he was shot dead for walking while black) so as to imply that police use of deadly force (in self defense?) was questionable.

Police said the incident started with a call about a man with a knife, KYW reported.
"Responding officers witnessed a male on the block. Immediately they noticed he had a knife in his possession and he was brandishing it, and waving it erratically," Philadelphia police Sgt. Eric Gripp told KYW.
Cell phone video recorded from inside a nearby vehicle captured the final moments of the confrontation. Wallace first can be seen walking around parked cars, crossing into the street from one side across to the other.
A woman -- who a family member and law enforcement source said was Wallace's mother -- appears to be trying to intervene to help him as two male police officers in the street point their guns at him, the video shows. As Wallace comes around a parked car into the street, the two officers can be seen backing up as he walks towards them.
Multiple shots ring out as police fire, striking him. Sgt. Gripp told KYW that an officer took Wallace in his police cruiser to Presbyterian Hospital, where he died.

Maybe a 10% sales and liquor tax increase in Philadelphia would be the best way to pay for the damages.

The mainstream media draws insufficient attention to the problems caused by the high rates of black crime and black illegitimacy, and the fact that affirmative action policies advance many blacks to positions where they lack the native intelligence to perform adequately.

Because CNN wants Biden to win.

It's on the front page. Maybe not as high as it could be, but that's editors for you.

It's on the front page. Maybe not as high as it could be, but that's editors for you.

Nothing in there about him having a criminal record or previously saying he wanted to kill cops. Only when you get towards the end do they talk about a knife and that they should hae done this, that or the other thing. Typical CNN hit piece against cops intended to rile up black people.

Nothing in there about him having a criminal record or previously saying he wanted to kill cops. Only when you get towards the end do they talk about a knife and that they should hae done this, that or the other thing. Typical CNN hit piece against cops intended to rile up black people.
I wasn't arguing it is a good or comprehensive article about the events. I'm just refuting the claim that CNN refused to cover the story, which you agreed with. That is factually false.

I wasn't arguing it is a good or comprehensive article about the events. I'm just refuting the claim that CNN refused to cover the story, which you agreed with. That is factually false.
They covered in a way that made it seem the cops shouldn't have done it is how they covered it. IOW, the blacks have a reason to riot. This is what CNN does constantly. THEY are the prime reason there i so much hate and division today in the world. They are evil and despicable.

So CNN did cover the story after all. You just don't like it refusing to editorialize the news to suit your racist views. Now I understand.

So CNN did cover the story after all. You just don't like it refusing to editorialize the news to suit your racist views. Now I understand.
Yep, and it was run for the blacks.

Yep, it’s time to reimagine (disarm?) the police and let the community deal with it’s crazed, knife wielding members in reimagined ways. The good news is that ‘shopping‘ at Walmart no longer costs anything. ;)
Yeah well, imagine calling for help with a family member having a mental health episode. And instead of an ambulance, or paramedic, what you immediately get is a bunch of cops with guns drawn the minute they arrive, and instead of making any attempts at de-escalation or employing non-lethal force, such as tasers or beanbags, they go with full confrontation and shoot him not just once or twice, but multiple times. Do you think you could 'reimagine' a better response? :rolleyes:

Yeah well, imagine calling for help with a family member having a mental health episode. And instead of an ambulance, or paramedic, what you immediately get is a bunch of cops with guns drawn the minute they arrive, and instead of making any attempts at de-escalation or employing non-lethal force, such as tasers or beanbags, they go with full confrontation and shoot him not just once or twice, but multiple times. Do you think you could 'reimagine' a better response? :rolleyes:

Hmm... so you would prefer that the 911 operator dispatch an ambulance or paramedic to a crazed man threatening folks with knife call? Is that done where you live?

Hmm... so you would prefer that the 911 operator dispatch an ambulance or paramedic to a crazed man threatening folks with knife call? Is that done where you live?
Why couldn't they dispatch both? They know that calls of this sort are highly likely to involve a person with a mental health issue as normal people usually don't something of this sort. My own hometown recently had an incident of a report of a man walking down a street waving a machete. They managed to take him into custody without he or anyone else being injured and got him the help he needed. So it can be done. This pandemic is putting a lot of strain on people with mental issues and unfortunately national health plan for effectively dealing with or treating people with mental health issues. They're often just taken to a jail or hospital and then later released back onto the streets again

Whether or not certain networks are covering this is NOT the issue. It's an unfortunate red-herring that deflects from the real issue which is that (mostly) black people use this sort of thing to riot and loot. It's not a good look, but they keep doing it.

One lucky Biden supporter rolled home a new washing machine. I mean, how many 75 inch tvs do ya need, after all?
They need something to wash the clothes they stole.

What? The cops shot another black person full of holes again? Heck, seems like they can't get enough of that shit. Pandemic or no pandemic.
Maybe he should have obeyed their instructions to put the knife he had down.

Back
Top Bottom