• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The War Crimes of Vladimir Putin

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is what I was afraid of. War not going as well as he wanted, so he has become victim of the “cornered rat” syndrome and is now going into war crime territory in order to get the war going the way he wants. “Total war”. Killing of Ukrainians en masse by shelling residential areas and ruination of Ukraine infrastructure en masse. No mercy. He has told his army to kill kill kill. It’s going to be very sad over the next few weeks.

As of this moment, I'm more than willing to chalk up the targeting of civilians by the Russians to pure incompetence or "scared cop syndrome." It's also quite likely in a lot of cases that they're not deliberately targeting civilians, but just don't give a shit or are being indiscriminate especially with indirect fire. I don't think the average Russian soldier on the ground ACTUALLY wants to kill Ukrainian civilians, or otherwise end viral on Twitter for killing civilians on purposefully or otherwise.

It'll probably get worse as we see the civilian population start fighting back with Molotovs and their own firepower.

As of this moment, I'm more than willing to chalk up the targeting of civilians by the Russians to pure incompetence or "scared cop syndrome." It's also quite likely in a lot of cases that they're not deliberately targeting civilians, but just don't give a shit or are being indiscriminate especially with indirect fire. I don't think the average Russian soldier on the ground ACTUALLY wants to kill Ukrainian civilians, or otherwise end viral on Twitter for killing civilians on purposefully or otherwise.

It'll probably get worse as we see the civilian population start fighting back with Molotovs and their own firepower.
Guerillas warfare is ugly.

This is what I was afraid of. War not going as well as he wanted, so he has become victim of the “cornered rat” syndrome and is now going into war crime territory in order to get the war going the way he wants. “Total war”. Killing of Ukrainians en masse by shelling residential areas and ruination of Ukraine infrastructure en masse. No mercy. He has told his army to kill kill kill. It’s going to be very sad over the next few weeks.
There are two problems with this. First, we know that the Ukranian military is embedding its forces in and among civilian infrastructure to make air strikes more difficult. Second, and the most important, who is a civilian in a nation of conscripts and housewives making molotov’s? You can’t call your nation to arms and complain about the consequences.

I don't think there is any reason to think capitulation would help all that much. He'll still punish them for resisting, kill/torture who knows how many people, etc. Besides, principle goes before self-preservation in situations like this, and as it does it unites. It inspires. Look at the pictures. Men too old to be drafted instead handling equipment, doing anything they can.

"Russian Warship, **** yourself"

That's honor. That's patriotism. That's strength.

There are two problems with this. First, we know that the Ukranian military is embedding its forces in and among civilian infrastructure to make air strikes more difficult. Second, and the most important, who is a civilian in a nation of conscripts and housewives making molotov’s? You can’t call your nation to arms and complain about the consequences.

Some hard times ahead. Ukrainian authorities have been on air urging civilians to pick up arms. If civilians are armed, who are the Russians supposed to engage?

Some hard times ahead. Ukrainian authorities have been on air urging civilians to pick up arms. If civilians are armed, who are the Russians supposed to engage?

Has Russia tried NOT invading their neighbors?

Has Russia tried NOT invading their neighbors?

non sequitur. All Ukrainians- man, woman, child- are justified in taking up arms against Russia, how does that change the fact that it makes them combatants?

non sequitur. All Ukrainians- man, woman, child- are justified in taking up arms against Russia, how does that change the fact that it makes them combatants?

No, hear me out: Maybe if Putin didn't invade, that wouldn't be an issue.

Also, targeting high rise buildings with rockets and artillery before the Ukrainian people do anything at all is a sure fire way for a nice, peaceful post-invasion state.

This will all end well for everyone, and your short little Russian hero is a GENIUS.

I agree but we can hit him harder if we stop importing his oil.
Just think if every counry had the above resolve to just say NO to Putin OIL.

No, hear me out: Maybe if Putin didn't invade, that wouldn't be an issue.

He has invaded.

Also, targeting high rise buildings with rockets and artillery before the Ukrainian people do anything at all is a sure fire way for a nice, peaceful post-invasion state.

This will all end well for everyone, and your short little Russian hero is a GENIUS.

War is hell.

Of course they are. It's their F*cking country. Their city.

Way to blame the victims for Russia's naked aggression.

Naive. If Putin tells them to target indiscriminately, they will. Or he will replace their commanders. Putin, at this point, has become evil and cares not about Ukrainian lives.

Excuse making for Putin. You must be a Republican.

They are not supposed to be there in’s the first place. Every single person killed is blood on the hands of one man and one man only, the evil Putin.

See post #18. What exactly do you recommend that they do when their county is invaded.

I agree but we can hit him harder if we stop importing his oil.
Just think if every counry had the above resolve to just say NO to Putin OIL.

I’m pretty sure that’s happening. Two oil giants have cut ties with the Russian oil conglomerate.

He has invaded.

War is hell.

Civilians should not be indiscriminately targeted. That is a war crime, and Putin has ZERO concern about committing them. No matter how many lame excuses you make for him. You must be a Republican.

They are not supposed to be there in’s the first place. Every single person killed is blood on the hands of one man and one man only, the evil Putin.

Well, they are there. Now I imagine you hold Putin responsible. Fine. Problem is he is behind a glittering bouquet of nukes. It is hard to hold leaders of major powers accountable.

Well, they are there. Now I imagine you hold Putin responsible. Fine. Problem is he is behind a glittering bouquet of nukes. It is hard to hold leaders of major powers accountable.

He’s not going to launch any nukes. That was just more saber rattling for the benefit of his Russian citizens. They are the ones he is afraid of. He hasn’t been out in public for years. He stays behind in his gilded palaces because otherwise people would be telling him that he has no clothes. And he is now committing war crimes in Ukraine by indiscriminately shelling residential areas, and its only the beginning of his atrocities. His megalomania must be fed.

See post #18. What exactly do you recommend that they do when their county is invaded.

It is natural for citizens to take up arms against an invader. It is naturally the right of Ukrainians to take up arms. But does that not make them combatants? And does the logic of war not dictate that the Russians will target those with arms? I mean, it is not nice. But that is the Logic of War.

Yes, it's going to get a lot worse for Ukraine. Putin is famous for having no scruples. How many of his own people has he ordered poisoned?

It is natural for citizens to take up arms against an invader. It is naturally the right of Ukrainians to take up arms. But does that not make them combatants? And does the logic of war not dictate that the Russians will target those with arms? I mean, it is not nice. But that is the Logic of War.

More excuse making for Putin. You must be a Republican. Targeting them with arms in a fair fight does NOT include indiscriminate shelling of residential areas. I have no idea why you don’t understand that. Why is it so important to you to make excuses for Putin?

Yes, it's going to get a lot worse for Ukraine. Putin is famous for having no scruples. How many of his own people has he ordered poisoned?

Exactly. He is evil at this point. Pure evil.

Back
Top Bottom