• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The War Crimes of Vladimir Putin

Excuse making for Putin. You must be a Republican.
Baloney. Actively participating in a war means you aren’t a civilian and when your defense strategy is to hide in civilian infrastructure then civilians die. No pearl clutching required.

He’s not going to launch any nukes.

He has them for decoration :) ?

That was just more saber rattling for the benefit of his Russian citizens. They are the ones he is afraid of. He hasn’t been out in public for years. He stays behind in his gilded palaces because otherwise people would be telling him that he has no clothes.

Maybe. I have no way of knowing.

And he is now committing war crimes in Ukraine by indiscriminately shelling residential areas, and its only the beginning of his atrocities. His megalomania must be fed.

Where do the civilians to whom Ukraine is distributing arms living,

Civilians should not be indiscriminately targeted.

What if fire at Russians is from civilian areas?

That is a war crime, and Putin has ZERO concern about committing them. No matter how many lame excuses you make for him. You must be a Republican.

Watsup, at the moment things are a little too fluid to draw conclusions.

It is natural for citizens to take up arms against an invader. It is naturally the right of Ukrainians to take up arms. But does that not make them combatants? And does the logic of war not dictate that the Russians will target those with arms? I mean, it is not nice. But that is the Logic of War.
Children are not taking up arms.
Why are they getting killed by Russian forces?

Russia is committing war crimes over and over. There is going to be a big price to be paid for their criminal activities.

Baloney. Actively participating in a war means you aren’t a civilian and when your defense strategy is to hide in civilian infrastructure then civilians die. No pearl clutching required.

More excuse making for Putin’s war crimes. You must be a Republican. You clearly do not understand the Geneva Convention.

He has them for decoration :) ?

Maybe. I have no way of knowing.

Where do the civilians to whom Ukraine is distributing arms living,

What if fire at Russians is from civilian areas?

Watsup, at the moment things are a little too fluid to draw conclusions.

You clearly haven’t a clue about the Geneva Convention. You prefer to make one lame excuse after another for the war criminal Putin. You must be a Republican. And what is “fluid”? Putin has invaded an INDEPENDENT country and is shelling civilian residential areas.

More excuse making for Putin’s war crimes. You must be a Republican. You clearly do not understand the Geneva Convention.
You don’t know what you’re talking about. Zelensky conscripted every man 18 and up and their women are making molotovs. He turned his civilian population into combatants.

Children are not taking up arms.
Why are they getting killed by Russian forces?

Good grief! Children werent killed in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya? It may just be that these childred were killed because that was where the Afghan, Iraqi, Syrian, and Libyan forces opposing the US placed their combatants.

Russia is committing war crimes over and over. There is going to be a big price to be paid for their criminal activities.

It is hard to make big powers pay for their war crimes.

You clearly haven’t a clue about the Geneva Convention.

Geneva Convention forbids targeting of armed civilians?

You prefer to make one lame excuse after another for the war criminal Putin. You must be a Republican.

Correct. I am a Republican. Worse, a certified Trumpist. :)

And what is “fluid”? Putin has invaded an INDEPENDENT country and is shelling civilian residential areas.

What is your big deal, independent countries get invaded all the time.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Zelensky conscripted every man 18 and up and their women are making molotovs. He turned his civilian population into combatants.
See post #29. You haven’t a clue about the Geneva Convention. You prefer making excuses for the war criminal Putin. You must be a Republican.

See post #29. You haven’t a clue about the Geneva Convention. You prefer making excuses for the war criminal Putin. You must be a Republican.
The truth isn’t an “excuse.” It’s just inconvenient to your ranting.

Men 18 and up are not even allowed to leave the country. They are expected to sign up for weapons

Geneva Convention forbids targeting of armed civilians?

Correct. I am a Republican. Worse, a certified Trumpist. :)

What is your big deal, independent countries get invaded all the time.

Sorry. Tired of trying to talk sense to RePublican traitors tonite.

This is what I was afraid of. War not going as well as he wanted, so he has become victim of the “cornered rat” syndrome and is now going into war crime territory in order to get the war going the way he wants. “Total war”. Killing of Ukrainians en masse by shelling residential areas and ruination of Ukraine infrastructure en masse. No mercy. He has told his army to kill kill kill. It’s going to be very sad over the next few weeks.
That is a concern of many, Putin will lash out in frustration. This is not going according to the play book. Putin underestimated his enemy on the ground and the economic will of the West to draw a line in the sand.

That is a concern of many, Putin will lash out in frustration. This is not going according to the play book. Putin underestimated his enemy on the ground and the economic will of the West to draw a line in the sand.

Exactly. He’s a cornered rat. Unfortunately, it is the fine people of Ukraine who will pay on death and destruction.

Sorry. Tired of trying to talk sense to RePublican traitors tonite.

I exchanged views with you. And I respect your views. I did not for a moment presume that I was trying to talk sense to you. And I still have to come across any poster that even remotely suggests a traitor to me.

Al Banks

Someone asked “Explain to me in kindergarten terms what’s going on with Russia and Ukraine” and someone responded with this:
R/p: The Ukraine & Russia crisis In simple terms for those that have no idea what is going on.

-Ukraine used to be in an abusive relationship with Russia, feeding him, letting him use her car & giving him whatever he asked for until she built up the confidence to call it quits back in 1991
-Since then Ukraine has been working on herself, becoming a strong independent woman with help from friends like France, America, Poland etc. offering her support, loaning her money, & helping her find her way.
-Ukraine has been enjoying being single for 30 years & looking forward to continuing to grow & create new friendships.
-Now Russia being the toxic Ex that it is wants her back, and doesn’t want her meeting new people or creating any new relationships.
-A couple of weeks ago Russia started sitting in the front of Ukraine’s house & when her friends ask him what was he doing there, he said “Oh nothing, just getting a little bit of exercise in, that’s all.”
-After her friends told her that Russia was potentially getting ready to do something bad to her, he said “They’re lying, they just want you to be scared of me & that’s not what it is”
-Yesterday Russia broke into Ukraine’s house, beating her up & “taking advantage” of her while on Livestream & double dog daring any of her friends to do something about it & if they do want the smoke, Russia got that thang on him.

Al Banks

Someone asked “Explain to me in kindergarten terms what’s going on with Russia and Ukraine” and someone responded with this:
R/p: The Ukraine & Russia crisis In simple terms for those that have no idea what is going on.

-Ukraine used to be in an abusive relationship with Russia, feeding him, letting him use her car & giving him whatever he asked for until she built up the confidence to call it quits back in 1991
-Since then Ukraine has been working on herself, becoming a strong independent woman with help from friends like France, America, Poland etc. offering her support, loaning her money, & helping her find her way.
-Ukraine has been enjoying being single for 30 years & looking forward to continuing to grow & create new friendships.
-Now Russia being the toxic Ex that it is wants her back, and doesn’t want her meeting new people or creating any new relationships.
-A couple of weeks ago Russia started sitting in the front of Ukraine’s house & when her friends ask him what was he doing there, he said “Oh nothing, just getting a little bit of exercise in, that’s all.”
-After her friends told her that Russia was potentially getting ready to do something bad to her, he said “They’re lying, they just want you to be scared of me & that’s not what it is”
-Yesterday Russia broke into Ukraine’s house, beating her up & “taking advantage” of her while on Livestream & double dog daring any of her friends to do something about it & if they do want the smoke, Russia got that thang on him.

Of course, as the advocate of the ex I prefer if Mr Banks talents were at the expense of the wanton Ukraine. :) But Mr Bank's analogy is on the spot. The relationship between the much misunderstood Russia and his various exes- the bear is not monogamous, the Russian bear has a harem- has been a fractious one. The bear loves excessively, and is faulty in his expressions of love. The bear has a thing for Ukrainian salmon. He will not be denied excellent Ukrainian salmon. After a good feast on a load of Ukrainian salmon the bear will drink deeply from the Dnieper.

There are two problems with this. First, we know that the Ukranian military is embedding its forces in and among civilian infrastructure.

Of course the Ukraine military is in Ukraine. Putin has invaded Ukraine. Their homeland.

What part of that don't you grasp?

Putin is actively shelling some civilian areas as an act of TERROR and REVENGE, not as a reasonable war tactic. May he burn in hell.

Of course the Ukraine military is in Ukraine. Putin has invaded Ukraine. Their homeland.

What part of that don't you grasp?
The problem is what you aren’t grasping. When the enemy embeds itself among civilians and civilian infrastructure the United States blows it all up and writes it off as collateral damage. We spent 20 years doing exactly that in the Middle East. Why are you howling about Putin doing the same thing? Putin is not directing the Ukranian military to use civilians and civilian infrastructure as a shield against aerial assault and artillery. That is the decision of Zelensky and his generals.

The problem is what you aren’t grasping. When the enemy imbeds itself among civilians and civilian infrastructure the United States blows it all up and writes it off as collateral damage. We spent 20 years doing exactly that in the Middle East. Why are you howling about Putin doing the same thing? Putin is not directing the Ukranian military to use civilians and civilian infrastructure as a shield against aerial assault and artillery. That is the decision of Zelensky and his generals.
It isn't acceptable to bomb civilian infrastructure regardless of whether you're the US or Russia. Regardless of whether there are soldiers hiding there or not. It was bad when we did it and it's bad when Russia does it.

It isn't acceptable to bomb civilian infrastructure regardless of whether you're the US or Russia. Regardless of whether there are soldiers hiding there or not. It was bad when we did it and it's bad when Russia does it.
It’s war and people need to get over the fact that war doesn’t mean meeting on an open field to take turns shooting at each other and break for tea at noon anymore. Zelensky and his military have chosen to fight this war by hiding amongst civilians - whatever that means in a nation of conscripts. In the 21st century, everyone would rather live than die a gentleman who abided by the rules of war.

It’s war and people need to get over the fact that war doesn’t mean meeting on an open field to take turns shooting at each other and break for tea at noon anymore. Zelensky and his military have chosen to fight this war by hiding amongst civilians - whatever that means in a nation of conscripts.
But Ukraine doesn't have much choice in the matter, do they? Russia has forced them into the position of defending their cities. Any civilian casualties are the fault of Russia, for instigating the war in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom