• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Ukraine illustrates why the constitution has a second amendment.

That is all the continental army had.
exactly...

politics revolutionary war airplane Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

We should encourage all law abiding citizens to qualify with and then own an assault rifle.
Great point!

Some people think the 2nd amendment was so that people could own guns to protect their farms or to hunt--- not even close. That right was well assumed already. The 2nd Amendment was enumerated for EXACTLY the kind of situation happening now in the Ukraine, to protect against a government. Foreign or domestic.

lexington-green-1.jpg

I agree. My usage was for a region without formal borders, that is no longer correct. I will be more careful.
Was not giving you are hard time, fyi. Just a nudge.

works for presidents too, it appears
Impossible to argue that. Now that President of the United States has been made an entry-level position where government can be learned on-the-job.

Yeah because you never know when Canada or Mexico will launch an invasion.
Never say never. Currently Mexico isn't far away from being a failed state with all of the criminal cartels controlling everything. And just this year we saw how Canada's government suddenly decided to dip it's toe into tyranny with overreaching covid mandates.

The Ukraine illustrates why the constitution has a second amendment.​

No, it doesn't.

Never say never. Currently Mexico isn't far away from being a failed state with all of the criminal cartels controlling everything. And just this year we saw how Canada's government suddenly decided to dip it's toe into tyranny with overreaching covid mandates.
I know that is almost as bad as beating and disappearing protesters.

Which Covid mandate did the Canadian government over-reach with? Oh, wait, there's only one. The border.
Does requiring that people coming into Canada from foreign countries be vaccinated or they have to quarantine look like over-reach to you?

Which Covid mandate did the Canadian government over-reach with? Oh, wait, there's only one. The border.
Does requiring that people coming into Canada from foreign countries be vaccinated or they have to quarantine look like over-reach to you?
It was about TRUCK DRIVERS, you know, people who work pretty much by themselves.... you know, alone.... you know, OUTSIDE.

Show me where any border protections anywhere did anything to stop the covid virus unless a nation chose to 100% quarantine not allowing anyone, NOBODY to leave and return, or anyone else to enter. Which was NOT the standing policy in Canada anyway.

None of the protocols ever stopped the spread anyway So, at some point many people were fed up with the mandates, which no longer had any basis in science anyway.

So you believe training is REQUIRED by the second amendment?
I would say so. 'Well regulated' likely doesn't mean what you think it means..
"What did it mean to be well regulated? One of the biggest challenges in interpreting a centuries-old document is that the meanings of words change or diverge. "Well-regulated in the 18th century tended to be something like well-organized, well-armed, well-disciplined," says Rakove. "It didn't mean 'regulation' in the sense that we use it now, in that it's not about the regulatory state. There's been nuance there. It means the militia was in an effective shape to fight." In other words, it didn't mean the state was controlling the militia in a certain way, but rather that the militia was prepared to do its duty."

Because the Canadians are coming for us?
So you only prepare for eminent or obvious threats. What did the Aztecs think when they looked out and saw strange vessels approaching. Don't look up. :censored:

That's a stretch. Maybe we should take down the wall so we can flee when the war comes.

You can just hand them out like Ukraine did when our civil war takes place.

Because the Canadians are coming for us?
No silly, haven't you been listening, the Republicans are coming for us, you and me and anyone else with a liberal title, unless you're a minority, then you're ****ed even if you are a Republican.

That's a stretch. Maybe we should take down the wall so we can flee when the war comes.

You can just hand them out like Ukraine did when our civil war takes place.
It appears they did not have enough or people that know how to use them. Could that be because they came out of a system that discouraged/outlawed private arms? If the thousands of Russian protesters appeared in the streets of Moscow bearing arms, how long would Putin last?

Last edited:
It appears they did not have enough or people that know how to use them. Could that be because they came out of a system that discouraged/outlawed private arms? If the thousands of Russian protesters appeared in the streets of Moscow bearing arms, how long would Putin last?
Ukrainians all own guns. They've been prepared.

Putin would just have all of them gun down in the street. I wouldn't compare Russia to America, apples and oranges.

Ukrainians all own guns. They've been prepared.

Putin would just have all of them gun down in the street. I wouldn't compare Russia to America, apples and oranges.
How do you think the Romanovs' were overthrown?

We should encourage all law abiding citizens to qualify with and then own an assault rifle.
That is ridiculous. In the real world a bunch of civilians are not remotely a threat to government forces no matter what weapons they tote.

So you only prepare for eminent or obvious threats. What did the Aztecs think when they looked out and saw strange vessels approaching. Don't look up. :censored:
The Aztecs likely didn't think anything because they had nothing in their visual history to help them categorize it. Likely, they saw 'clouds' until the ships became clearly visible. Your 'Look Up' comparison is quite amusing. In the movie, people were ignoring an actual event. In your post you are worried about something that will likely never happen, a ground invasion of the United States.

That is ridiculous. In the real world a bunch of civilians are not remotely a threat to government forces no matter what weapons they tote.
How big any army does it take to subjugate 300 million people with guns?

Back
Top Bottom