• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Ukraine illustrates why the constitution has a second amendment.

I have long advocated for gun owners to be vetted the same as concealed carry.
Then you demand gun control not seen in almost any state in the union

Some would say you are a gun control extremist

Then you demand gun control not seen in almost any state in the union

Some would say you are a gun control extremist
I am a moderate and own many guns. I believe in a reasonable interpretation of the second amendment. I am not an extremist of the left or right.

Just as an aside, it's not "the" Ukraine, it's just Ukraine.

I am a moderate and own many guns. I believe in a reasonable interpretation of the second amendment. I am not an extremist of the left or right.
You demand proficiency testing just to own a gun

That is extremist by every measure

I have never heard anyone argue the population should be armed to protect the state.
Well actually, that was literally the entire reason for the 2nd Amendment. The idea the founders had was that the United States would not have a standing army, but rather would have to depend upon its citizenry to defend the country. That was to be a check against a corrupt government as the citizens would only defend a responsive government.

You demand proficiency testing just to own a gun

That is extremist by every measure
I want people to know how to use a chainsaw if they own one.

As apposed to the United States?
Either could be used for USA. It is a conglomeration of states, while Ukraine is simply a country. No one says "the Mexico" or "the Russia" or "the Germany".

When they eventually win this struggle. (And I believe they will.) They will cherish their democracy and never allow autocrats or charlatans peddling dissention threaten them again. Something we have forgotten.
i do think they'll win with rifles and handguns.

all the other stuff is just wasted money.

In fact, I am the smart one. The one that understands both sides of the issues.
no one can tell if you are, because you post childish trolling nonsense that makes stupid claims and rarely addresses the subject of the thread.

So you believe training is REQUIRED by the second amendment?
Nope. It could be required by 10 USC 246, but that would be for all males age 17-44, not just gun owners. I'd love to see the mitia mustered.

Either could be used for USA. It is a conglomeration of states, while Ukraine is simply a country. No one says "the Mexico" or "the Russia" or "the Germany".
I agree. My usage was for a region without formal borders, that is no longer correct. I will be more careful.

Back
Top Bottom