• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Ukraine illustrates why the constitution has a second amendment.

I have never heard anyone argue the population should be armed to protect the state.

i've been impressed that the Ukraine has defended their country with only rifles and handguns.

that's all they need. it's why i've been so confused about a no fly zone and weapons to stop tanks and all that other stuff they're asking for. they have all they need already.

Times change.
You watch too many bad movies. If, and that's about as big an 'if' as an 'if' can get, the US military ever had to defend the continental United States a bunch of armed civilians trying to be involved would be a nightmare for the professional soldiers.
Lotta fun to fantasy about though, I guess.

i've been impressed that the Ukraine has defended their country with only rifles and handguns.

that's all they need. it's why i've been so confused about a no fly zone and weapons to stop tanks and all that other stuff they're asking for. they have all they need already.
When they eventually win this struggle. (And I believe they will.) They will cherish their democracy and never allow autocrats or charlatans peddling dissention threaten them again. Something we have forgotten.

Hope so because they may not get that help.

We should encourage all law abiding citizens to qualify with and then own an assault rifle.

Why posts such ignorant things?
Does it "happy" you in some way?

Why posts such ignorant things?
Does it "happy" you in some way?
You seem unable to understand positions that you don't agree with, with ignorant comments. His comment is not ignorant at all. The bullshit you post on this subform is oozing ignorance with a bit of dishonesty and trolling thrown in for good measure. Now I need a good laugh-tell us why his opinion is "ignorant"? that you have a hatred of legal gun owners is not a valid argument

So you believe training is REQUIRED by the second amendment?
"Militia" indicates some proficiency with arms. How it is gained is not detailed, but I'm sure we could do some historical research and figure it out.

"Militia" indicates a some proficiency with arms. How it is gained is not detailed, but I'm sure we could do some historical research and figure it out.
But it implies it is REQUIRED. How else without at least a test?

You seem unable to understand positions that you don't agree with, with ignorant comments. His comment is not ignorant at all. The bullshit you post on this subform is oozing ignorance with a bit of dishonesty and trolling thrown in ..
In fact, I am the smart one. The one that understands both sides of the issues.

'Yeah, no.'

Back
Top Bottom