• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Ukraine illustrates why the constitution has a second amendment.

The truth is obviously too much for you to bear.
Your foul mouth got tedious long time ago. I don't want to guess what produces an adult with absolutely no idea how to act like an adult but I know I want to have as little of it in my day as possible.
Bucket-mouth.

It is odd that I never had to qualify after advanced individual training. Of course maybe because I was target shooting with my sergeant on a regular basis that was considered qualifying. Target shooting on a weekly basis our shooting skills were exceptional. He may have just been submitting the forms for us without our knowledge. There were no wars when I served so I spent my 3 years training. The post I was on we basically had more police than we needed. The SWAT personnel who trained us was impressed with or shooting skills but that doesn't make you a good hostage negotiator or keep you alive out in the real world. When you consider most cops are killed in car accidents or struck by cars and killed. Very few cops are shot by bad guys. It is just when it does happen it gets all the media coverage.
Very odd indeed and it just keeps getting odder. Quals are 'for record' which means there is a signed target, you and the NCOIC of the range. So no, just shooting with an NCO isn't qualifying. Nice story though... ✌️

Very odd indeed and it just keeps getting odder. Quals are 'for record' which means there is a signed target, you and the NCOIC of the range. So no, just shooting with an NCO isn't qualifying. Nice story though... ✌️

"Pencil whipping" qualifications isn't unknown.

Your foul mouth got tedious long time ago. I don't want to guess what produces an adult with absolutely no idea how to act like an adult but I know I want to have as little of it in my day as possible.
Bucket-mouth.

Watching a diet of Fox News is conducive towards it.

"Pencil whipping" qualifications isn't unknown.
#2 quals....lol... some REMFs did that on the M-16 range, pencil holes in targets, signed with a very scrawled sig.

All kindsa funny in this one, counting expended brass was the first tip-off. I can't help but think any unit that was so fast and loose with regulations on staying current didn't bother counting- just signed it off and dumped into the mix- I mean all that practice going on... ✌️

Watching a diet of Fox News is conducive towards it.

You've not seen some of the professed left leaners here who are subject to the same malady?

#2 quals....lol... some REMFs did that on the M-16 range, pencil holes in targets, signed with a very scrawled sig.

All kindsa funny in this one, counting expended brass was the first tip-off. I can't help but think any unit that was so fast and loose with regulations on staying current didn't bother counting- just signed it off and dumped into the mix- I mean all that practice going on... ✌️

Happened in my unit all the time.

Company commanders want soldiers to pass 100% on range days and not have to waste time booking another range day.

You know you are right. When I qualified in basic and AIT there were thousands of us going through for days. We did not have to account for every brass at that time. I think they did weigh it in and out. Now when I got to my duty assignment in Arizona even the PT test there was only 20 or 30 of us at a time. We did not qualify with the rest of the soldiers on the post. We were on separate rations also. The reason I don't remember was because it was not the big affair it was in basic and AIT. We went through basic at Ft. McClellan. It seemed we were separate from the rest of the military now that I think about it.

Tell that to President Wilson who involved the US in WW I because of the fake Zimmerman telegram. Pretending Germany wanted Mexico to invade the US in order to keep the US out of the war in Europe was about as laughable as LBJ's Gulf of Tonkin lie, or Polk's lie about Mexico attacking the US when it was actually the US attacking Mexico.

Leftist filth Democrats will always lie if it means they get an opportunity to kill more Americans.

You do know American ships were attacked. Right?

You do know American ships were attacked. Right?
Once, and it was only one ship. Congress did nothing. Then LBJ deliberately lied to Congress two days later and told them that they had been attacked a second time, when they hadn't been attacked at all. That is when Congress passed the Gulf of Tonkin resolution in August 1964.

Happened in my unit all the time.

Company commanders want soldiers to pass 100% on range days and not have to waste time booking another range day.
Huh, guess I served back in the day when either marksman was easier to do or not having 100% was expected. Been a few decades but I seem to remember at least two days involved- first day was practice but if you qualed you were GTG. Second day was for the rest. Some purposely didn't qual the first day to have the two range days. We had quite a few range days- for the M60, 203, LAW, 90RCL, grenade, one a year we shot at an RC plane swooping down on us.... fun, fun, fun. Range days were also barrack days so it sure beat sleeping in the 'shallow grave' we dug at night when out in the field... ✌️

Huh, guess I served back in the day when either marksman was easier to do or not having 100% was expected. Been a few decades but I seem to remember at least two days involved- first day was practice but if you qualed you were GTG. Second day was for the rest. Some purposely didn't qual the first day to have the two range days. We had quite a few range days- for the M60, 203, LAW, 90RCL, grenade, one a year we shot at an RC plane swooping down on us.... fun, fun, fun. Range days were also barrack days so it sure beat sleeping in the 'shallow grave' we dug at night when out in the field... ✌️

We had 3, maybe 4 range days a year (this was in my Intelligence Corps unit)
But if you qualified on one day, you didn't have to attend any subsequent ones. Apart from firearms instructors and some officers to manage things, I can't remember any soldier ever doing a range day if he/she didn't need to.

For Marines the KD rifle course was a two week deal. Actually 10-14 days.

The only bummer was the range opened at zero dark thirty.

We had 3, maybe 4 range days a year (this was in my Intelligence Corps unit)
But if you qualified on one day, you didn't have to attend any subsequent ones. Apart from firearms instructors and some officers to manage things, I can't remember any soldier ever doing a range day if he/she didn't need to.
Yes, many thought if they had to engage with small arms the plan wasn't going as planned... :cautious:

I found many civilian cops and agents thought their job was to investigate not engage in fire fights with pistols, so practice was haphazard for many... ✌️

Deal or ordeal??? ;)

We did the hoist and paste range once a year- fun actually compared to humping ALICE... ✌️

I liked shooting.

The only ordeal was waking up that early. Nearly drove off a (small) cliff due to dozing off on the way to the range

So is the OP suggesting that AR15's can protect against hypersonic missiles?
Ahhh, back on topic... (y)

What the Ukraine illustrates is the need for simple anti-tank weapons. The LAW of my day was a 'door knocker' but was extremely simple to operate. Weapons with simple arming aiming and firing methods would be handy for quick issuance and training of civilians, older veterans and 'REMFs' being flung into the shit. The LAW did a number on APC's, trucks, and lightly fortified fighting positions.

Aircraft are another matter. Few ADA man portable missiles I can think of can be fired head on with high performance aircraft. While a locked on indicator would pucker a fast movers 4th point of contact, it's helicopters with are the best prey for Manpads. Not as simple as a LAW but required to engage in a far more complex scenario.

But I agree with you, The AK/AR series are great against humans, I'd opine excellent against civilians, but not stopping a modern army no matter how many are in the hands of civilians... ✌️

Yes, many thought if they had to engage with small arms the plan wasn't going as planned... :cautious:

Yeah, I used to say that if the Queen required me to actually shoot someone, something had gone badly wrong.

I found many civilian cops and agents thought their job was to investigate not engage in fire fights with pistols, so practice was haphazard for many... ✌️

I can believe that, but for an Intelligence Corps REMF like I was, a policeman on the streets* was a hell of a lot more likely to fire his pistol than I was.

*In the USA that is.

Back
Top Bottom