• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Truth Makes Enemies...

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
She loved her father but couldn't agree with his choice to live with a woman who was not his wife.

He loved his daughter but couldn't agree with her pro-abortion stance.

She loved her granddaughter but couldn't approve of her homosexual lifestyle.

From my experience, most Christians can show love and concern for people involved in sinful lifestyles, but many people involved in sinful lifestyles have trouble showing love for Bible-believing Christians.

This shouldn’t surprise us. It’s illustrated in the story of Cain. Nothing in Scripture leads us to believe that Abel rejected Cain (Genesis 4:1-8). But Cain murdered Abel “because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous” (1 John 3:12).

People hated Jesus "without reason" and He warned us, "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you" (John 15:18-25).

“For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life.” 2 Corinthians 2:15-16

If you have been rejected by a loved one because of your faith, it can be heartbreaking. Please remember that our Savior understands, and He is close to the brokenhearted (Psalm 34:18; Luke 21:16).
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2022/01/the-truth-makes-enemies.html

Does this thread have a point beside 'gayz bad'?

Does this thread have a point beside 'gayz bad'?
Did you have to duck so that the OP's point sailed right over your head?

I'm not the least bit religious and I understand what her point is.

Try taking the time to actually read it...
It boils down to 'Gayz bad', and throws in a lot of noise to hide that is pretty much the sole motivation.

It boils down to 'Gayz bad', and throws in a lot of noise to hide that is pretty much the sole motivation.
THAT is not the point...leave it to you to miss it...

THAT is not the point...leave it to you to miss it...
That is not the point you wanted to make, but it is the point you actually did make. Nothing else matters.

Did you have to duck so that the OP's point sailed right over your head?

I'm not the least bit religious and I understand what her point is.
Thank you...

Thank you...
Even though I have no belief in any god, the concept you are speaking of is universal to all major religions: Love thy neighbor.

This is also an American value.

“Love your neighbor” is almost universally ascribed to. The phrase is often quoted. Many would consider it an American value. Yet there are daily examples of angry and violent acts perpetrated on others, on neighbors. Perhaps the word “neighbor” is being too narrowly defined. Perhaps those who are in need of our love should be more specifically named.

• Love your neighbor – the person with a skin color that is different from yours.
• Love your neighbor – the person whose political beliefs you do not agree with.
• Love your neighbor – the homeless person sleeping on the sidewalk.
• Love your neighbor – the person with a gender identity you might not understand.
• Love your neighbor – the immigrant whose only crime is wanting a better life for their family.
• Love your neighbor – the thousands around the world suffering from the effects of war and famine.

Broaden your horizons, see all others as neighbors. Love your neighbor, desire what is best for them and will allow them to flourish.

She loved her father but couldn't agree with his choice to live with a woman who was not his wife.

From my experience, most Christians can show love and concern for people involved in sinful lifestyles, but many people involved in sinful lifestyles have trouble showing love for Bible-believing Christians.

This shouldn’t surprise us. It’s illustrated in the story of Cain. Nothing in Scripture leads us to believe that Abel rejected Cain (Genesis 4:1-8). But Cain murdered Abel “because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous” (1 John 3:12).

People hated Jesus "without reason" and He warned us, "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you" (John 15:18-25).

“For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life.” 2 Corinthians 2:15-16

If you have been rejected by a loved one because of your faith, it can be heartbreaking. Please remember that our Savior understands, and He is close to the brokenhearted (Psalm 34:18; Luke 21:16).
Not sure of what point you are making. I see you are judging people's lifestyles against your dogma and finding fault. So it is you who have the problem with them, because you've placed restrictions on your love and relationships. You are judging people using interpretations of a chosen translation of ancient Greek or Hebrew myths and then expecting them to be tolerant of your faults.

I don't have issues with Christians until they start throwing negativity my way for not following their theological guidelines. You want to live by your interpretations, go ahead, but leave us out of it.

Even though I have no belief in any god, the concept you are speaking of is universal to all major religions: Love thy neighbor.

This is also an American value.

“Love your neighbor” is almost universally ascribed to. The phrase is often quoted. Many would consider it an American value. Yet there are daily examples of angry and violent acts perpetrated on others, on neighbors. Perhaps the word “neighbor” is being too narrowly defined. Perhaps those who are in need of our love should be more specifically named.​
• Love your neighbor – the person with a skin color that is different from yours.​
• Love your neighbor – the person whose political beliefs you do not agree with.​
• Love your neighbor – the homeless person sleeping on the sidewalk.​
• Love your neighbor – the person with a gender identity you might not understand.​
• Love your neighbor – the immigrant whose only crime is wanting a better life for their family.​
• Love your neighbor – the thousands around the world suffering from the effects of war and famine.​
Broaden your horizons, see all others as neighbors. Love your neighbor, desire what is best for them and will allow them to flourish.​
Good advice but some tend to view Christian love in a different light...we love enough to tell the truth, even when it hurts...

Good advice but some tend to view Christian love in a different light...we love enough to tell the truth, even when it hurts...
Where is the "Christian love" or the "truth" in declaring "atheism dehumanizes a person" as you did in another thread?

So it is you who have the problem with them, because you've placed restrictions on your love and relationships. You are judging people using interpretations of a chosen translation of ancient Greek or Hebrew myths and then expecting them to be tolerant of your faults.
I have personally found just the opposite to be true...when I refuse to take part in the things they still consider to be fun but I do not, they get angry...as Peter said...

"They are puzzled that you do not continue running with them in the same decadent course of debauchery, so they speak abusively of you." 1 Peter 4:4

I have personally found just the opposite to be true...when I refuse to take part in the things they still consider to be fun but I do not, they get angry...as Peter said...

"They are puzzled that you do not continue running with them in the same decadent course of debauchery, so they speak abusively of you." 1 Peter 4:4
"Personally"? - "I"? - Sounds like your speaking 'your' truth --- not "The Truth."

This has nothing to do with Christian love. The concept transcends religion.

And it has nothing to do with telling the truth. It's about acceptance in spite of differences.

Wut? I was talking about how your faults with these people were all based on your chosen religious dogma. So if your dogma forces you to find large faults in three other people, perhaps you should not be surprised that your dogma prevents people from wanting to be around you.

This has nothing to do with Christian love. The concept transcends religion.

And it has nothing to do with telling the truth. It's about acceptance in spite of differences.
It has everything to do with truth...I refuse to lie about something I cannot accept or partake in...that seems to be what they cannot accept...

Oh look, another feeble attempt at “justifying” religiously based bigotry. It is indeed heartbreaking that people use religion as a “justification” for their hatred of LGBT people and the like, and somehow think that THEY are the victims of their own intolerance.

Wut? I was talking about how your faults with these people were all based on your chosen religious dogma. So if your dogma forces you to find large faults in three other people, perhaps you should not be surprised that your dogma prevents people from wanting to be around you.
That's a 2 way street...

Where is the "Christian love" or the "truth" in declaring "atheism dehumanizes a person" as you did in another thread?
It is just dehumanizing atheists.

That's a 2 way street...
What you are saying is that these people should love you although you are judgmental of their lifestyle based on your religion?

Truth rests on facts. Facts establish truth. There is no religion out there that survives two little words - prove it

Back
Top Bottom